BushXM15

OK Pick Your Position OSW ISWB Shoulder Pancake

Seeing as someone we know is rethinking their rig ; I thought I'd post this article ;

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/pick-your-position-how-you-carry-matters/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20191108_FridayDigest_251g&utm_campaign=/digest/pick-your-position-how-you-carry-matters/

FromThePages_55.jpg

To the uninformed, it might seem like little thought goes into carrying a gun. However, those of us who carry firearms for self-defense understand the multitude of decisions and intricacies involved in concealed carry. Yes, we learn along the way — at least I hope we do — but most gun owners immediately understand the enormous responsibility they’re taking on. Aside from the mental and moral side of carrying, there’s the choice of gun model, caliber and ammunition selection — not to mention choosing a holster and deciding where on your body to carry. After that, there’s endless training because, let’s face it, shooting is a perishable skill.

Here’s the thing: Far too few gun owners put serious consideration into how, physically and positionally, they carry. Tactics and the realities of an up-close-and-personal fight for their lives are things they rarely consider. After all, they have a gun. They’ll be fine, right?

Unfortunately, that’s not how it works. Your firearm is a tool — one you must know how and when to wield. You also need to come to grips with the fact that the draw time and accessibility of your chosen carry method are of paramount importance. If you’ve never considered that the location of your holstered gun could make or break a fight for your life, you’re long overdue.

1st position. I have a cross-draw holster but its a tad bulky under a T-shirt. I have two IWB holsters but the OWB is my favorite

Mine is #2 but a little further back.

Greg

#1 if counting from back..at about 3:30, with holster canted forward..

MY preferred OWB  Galco Combat Master  with 10% additional Kant  ,better concealment of 5" Guns .  Also an old custom Shoulder rig which was  made for Me by   John Bianchi  .

John also made MY 7.5" .44 Mag scoped  chest Hunting holster .   MY shoulder   has a two quick change holsters , Small frame Auto  and 1911 size .

Neither have snap latches  , John cleverly  lined the holsters  and added  #2 extra stiff pieces of leather towards the collar , resulting in a narrower opening thus Guns frame is pinched for retention ; instead of snap latch or catch loop .  By him lining the holsters  I've never experienced any deterioration of  the Guns bluing  and  "ALL MY Holsters "   go FULL barrel ,so NO body sweat contact on MY Guns :thumb:.

I'm thinking about going and seeing  a leather outfit in Utah  for another holster I want .

bronco_style_800x.jpg?v=1559662449

On 11/8/2019 at 4:14 PM, gshayd said:

1st position. I have a cross-draw holster but its a tad bulky under a T-shirt. I have two IWB holsters but the OWB is my favorite

I like cross draw also.  I am right handed but my right rotator cuff is past history.  However, I am not impeded by cross draw.  AND, to me, it is just a more comfortable position to draw from.  My 2 cents.

Number one further back canted. Cross-draw shoulder & belt combo for the 44 mag.

Matt