Casper

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E

Another lozenge shaped car without soul, IMO.

I know aerodynamics are pushing some of this, but they missed the mark. 

It would be good to see it in person before passing final judgement...

I think that Ford miss the mark on that one. People have always thought of a Mustang being a two door car. Not a 4 door suv.

• Haha 1

They lost me at electric......

Dosent say Mustang to me at all.  Its just another sedan.

10 hours ago, NONEYA said:

I think that Ford miss the mark on that one. People have always thought of a Mustang being a two door car. Not a 4 door suv.

Ford is chasing the Dodge Charger :laugh:

13 hours ago, Retcop said:

Another lozenge shaped car without soul, IMO.

I know aerodynamics are pushing some of this, but they missed the mark. 

It would be good to see it in person before passing final judgement...

Yeah, I was hoping in person it might be a bit slick looking, but it'll still be an SUV which Ford slapped a Mustang badge on just to get attention. I just don't see Mustang on this. 

1 hour ago, Rampy said:

Ford is chasing the Dodge Charger :laugh:

Well, I hope they're not chasing the Charger's dismal reliability. 

8 hours ago, Steelborn1 said:

They lost me at electric......

You know, I don't mind electric cars. I can appreciate the instant power and new technology. 

It's the shoving electric cars in your face, pretending the energy isn't from the coal power plant around the corner, and giving designated parking spots closest to the grocery store that gets old.

If buying an electric car was just an option and not touted as a necessity in order to save the world from dying 10 years from now, then I'd be fine with it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yeah, I was hoping in person it might be a bit slick looking, but it'll still be an SUV which Ford slapped a Mustang badge on just to get attention. I just don't see Mustang on this. 

No doubt there.

You could get a base mid-engined 2020 Corvette with 495 HP that has a sticker less than most "SUV"s.

Have to wait a year or 2 do get the bugs worked out, and for the dealers to stop adding on their usual mark-up over stickers. 

It really doesn't matter whether or not every part of the new Corvette knocks your socks off. Chevrolet has put the experience of driving a supercar

into the price range of many of the masses. This is a phenomenal accomplishment in and of itself, and the engineers deserve some kind of an award just for that, IMHO.

The new Stingray will just continue to get better, and with the most important upgrades, the MSRP is 66 grand. This is an automotive engineering miracle, and that is not hyperbole.  Ever since Porsche decided they could turn the Boxster and Caymans into 911 Juniors, and get a ton of profit out of them. The original Boxster, IMO, did the same thing the Corvette is doing for mid-engine sports cars today. Plus, my understanding it will be a good daily driver, and they finally got the interior right for long road trip comfort.  The biggest styling faux pas Chevy made is the Stingray's butt. I hope they do something about that soon, so I will still be around when the 3 year leases are up....

Now about that special edition Bugatti 300 MPH +  Chiron, the only 300 + mph street car.  The Chiron required an aerodynamic redesign, as it needed extra help from becoming a wingless airplane at speeds above 300 mph, without using some ugly huge wing on it.   Absolutely amazing.  Anyone have 3 mil lying around I could borrow ?  

What's the payment on a 5 year auto loan ? Let's see, rule of thumb 20 bucks per month per $1,000...:laugh:

I'll go half with you, John. But you'll still have to bring my kids to school on your days with the car. 

I don't like it.

20 hours ago, Casper said:

You know, I don't mind electric cars. I can appreciate the instant power and new technology. 

It's the shoving electric cars in your face, pretending the energy isn't from the coal power plant around the corner, and giving designated parking spots closest to the grocery store that gets old.

If buying an electric car was just an option and not touted as a necessity in order to save the world from dying 10 years from now, then I'd be fine with it.

I can agree with that statement. I still prefer a cammed big block v8 rumbling that gets horrible gas mileage.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:12 PM, Casper said:

You mean like this??

Dodge Is Ranked the Most Reliable American Brand by Consumer Reports

Just one of the positive side-effects of making the same vehicles for 10-plus years.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31058/dodge-is-ranked-the-most-reliable-american-brand-by-consumer-reports

5 hours ago, Rampy said:

You mean like this??

Dodge Is Ranked the Most Reliable American Brand by Consumer Reports

Just one of the positive side-effects of making the same vehicles for 10-plus years.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31058/dodge-is-ranked-the-most-reliable-american-brand-by-consumer-reports

No. Since you can't take an overall rating and apply it to an individual car, it's more like this: 

The 2019 Charger earns a predicted reliability rating of two out of five from J.D. Power. That's one of the lowest ratings among large cars and the lowest score that J.D. Power awards.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/dodge/charger

Edited by Casper

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

No. Since you can't take an overall rating and apply it to an individual car, it's more like this: 

The 2019 Charger earns a predicted reliability rating of two out of five from J.D. Power. That's one of the lowest ratings among large cars and the lowest score that J.D. Power awards.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/dodge/charger

JD Powers.....:hysterical3:

Now For the most part Dodge sucks, they make crap trucks and other vehicles, no question about that :segrin: