Sign in to follow this  
bamashooter

Buffer Weight Dimensions

Aside from Odin, are rifle and carbine weights the same exterior dimension? Thanks.

No.

Rifle buffers are dimensionally longer than carbine buffers.

If nobody else posts the length before then, I'll pull the rifle buffer I have out to measure for you.

• Like 1

Thanks. Only the individual weights. Not the buffer itself. I stumbled across on 1 reference to "rifle-length" weights and thought it might be in error seeing that I see no rifle length-specific buffer weights in my searches.

"

Rifle vs Carbine

Rifle length buffer weights are used when a standard A2 buffer tube is installed for a fixed stock. The extra length helps to fill the void in the longer A2 rifle buffer tube. Carbine buffer weights are used with most collapsible stocks that utilize a carbine buffer tube. Generally, fixed stocks use an A2 smooth buffer tube and adjustable stocks use a carbine buffer tube. Most of the stocks on the market use a Mil-Spec carbine buffer tube and are adjustable for length of pull." 

Edited by bamashooter

14 hours ago, bamashooter said:

Rifle length buffer weights are used when a standard A2 buffer tube is installed for a fixed stock. The extra length helps to fill the void in the longer A2 rifle buffer tube.

I got an answer which doesn't jive with the bold. "Weights are all .547" dia by .613" long."

Thanks