Rampy

Got a Band Aid????

or not?

Edited by Rampy

I am surprised the side curtain airbag did not deploy if the impact was enough to ring your bell. 

Unless they have them set to deploy only upon rapid deceleration and/or the detection of a rollover only ...

I'd contact Ford to find out, and maybe there will not be a squawk from you insurance to replace the side airbag while they are into it. 

You can also have your shop or dealer check to see if there was a service bulletin issued on the side curtain airbag, but this makes no sense. 

Ford would be advertizing a lawsuit for any side curtain airbag that did not deploy when it should have. They would just replace them, or cover it up.

Did your head hit the glass ?  You can suffer a concussion without actual contact to the head, though, if your head got whipped back and forth

hard enough. 

How are your head and neck feeling, and how long has it been since the TC  ? 

.........hi

Edited by Rampy

OUCH!!!!

So, this happened in a parking lot?

Glad you're ok Rampy.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 5:23 AM, Srgt. Hulka said:

Edited by Rampy

How can you miss a pickup behind you? as a person helping a truck back up, you have one job...look for vehicles and people behind you. 

I remember one time our school unit was running an army  NCO Academy at Camp Bullis in San Antonio. Our Command Sergeant Major had signed for the facilities and parking lot. I was the Operations NCO for the Academy. Anyways the USAF was holding some kind of Training for future Doctors and Nurses. 2 1/2T and 5T trucks were used in our training.  The Air Force captain Came over and told us we couldn't park these trucks in the Parking lot. The CSM reminded him of who was signed for the parking lot.  He protested but was sent packing. He went to Range Control but was again reminded that the CSM owned that parking lot till he turned it in. The Captain came over one more time to bully an E-8 and E-9 with his rank. Like sending over a house cat to kill a saber-toothed Tiger.  We were all polite and nice but the answer was the same.  The Captain finally managed to get on the CSMs last nerve.  The CSM told the captain that if the Colonel couldn't see a big f...ing Army Truck with a ground guide he deserved to be run over. He then told the Captain that if he bugged him one more time that the Air Force would be banned from his parking lot. The next lot was a 1/4 mile away...lol.

Edited by gshayd

shat happens. I did it last week. Drove down a narrow street, forgot there wasn't a good turn around at the end. It was a hill, dark, and raining like crazy. Started backing out, backed around a car that was on my right, kept watching my right and never saw a brand new King Ranch F350 on my left, sticking out of a driveway. Dinged his bumper, ruined the bumper on my Explorer, and smashed a tail light. I could have prevented it by getting out and walking around the car to verify all obstacles, I didn't. I'll probably catch a letter for it.... If you drive enough miles, you're going to bang some stuff up. I've been involved in probably a dozen fleet crashes in 15 years, probably 2 have been my fault, or "preventable". 

Glad you're ok Rampy, sorry about the truck. 

On 12/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, Pepper said:

Edited by Rampy