adamr19745

Home made knife

My first knife project so far will post end resultf5e29609ae1edb8d6d7052fea1d0c5ad.jpg

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Congratulations.  Can be very rewarding and educational.  Keep us posted on progress.  What type of metal did you choose?

Congratulations.  Can be very rewarding and educational.  Keep us posted on progress.  What type of metal did you choose?
It is mystery steel. My wifes uncle asked me to finish what he started. So far i cleaned the blade and reshaped blade and edge. In thinking something around 10/65

:yukyuk:  Well, have fun with it.  Maybe it was a pre-made blank.  In any case you will have fun with it. 

:yukyuk:  Well, have fun with it.  Maybe it was a pre-made blank.  In any case you will have fun with it. 
Ill know when its heat treated if its any good

Cool.  keep us posted.

Nice.  Keep us up to date on the progress.  

Finished the knife turned out to be a crappy steel. c01c5f9fb2a20fde2e5155ca92efc363.jpg

Think of it as a learning experience.  When you come across som SUPERIOR steel, you will be ahead of the game working on it.  Sorry you are dissapointed, but I think in the long run it will turn out to be a positive skill, project, labor of love.  You exercised skills, no net loss.  You have an heirloom and are now more prepared to make your own superior blade!  Any plans for new blades in the future?

Think of it as a learning experience.  When you come across som SUPERIOR steel, you will be ahead of the game working on it.  Sorry you are dissapointed, but I think in the long run it will turn out to be a positive skill, project, labor of love.  You exercised skills, no net loss.  You have an heirloom and are now more prepared to make your own superior blade!  Any plans for new blades in the future?
I agree it was worth the experience. I liked the way it turned out. It would have been a plus if it was a better steel