Hoythews71

14.5” 300 Blackout barrels

Been scouring the web and searching the forums looking for a 14.5” barrel for my build. 1st build, 300 Blackout.

Found the $100ish Anderson 14.5”, but I don’t want to go too “cheap” and I really don’t know anything about Anderson. Next up is the TRIARC 14.5” at $220. Looking for reviews of these, or something recommended in this price range.

Not trying to build a precision rifle here. Just a quality CQB/100yd plinker. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the case being a plinker why go through the 14.5 pin and weld hassle vs a 16?

Noveske are known for their barrels 

I agree with the 16" vs 14.5".  The pin and weld can be anywhere from $50 to $100, maybe more depending on your 'smith.  Ive not heard of the Triarc or used an nderson but there really arent that many barrel makers out there just like there arent that many companies that mill receivers.  Retailers search out manufacturers and have their names engraved in someone else's products.  Do as much research as possible to find out who actually made the barrel.

When I decided on building a .300 Black Out, I happened to catch a sale at MidwayUSA on a 16" stainless barrel with Midway branded AR Stoner's name on it for $100.  It is widely believed these barrels are or were made by Bear Creek Arsenal in NC.  BCA's rep is hit or miss but I can tell you my 16" barrel is a freakin tack driver.  Most barrel companies will promise good results with match ammo and any barrel will have to be matched with the ammo it likes to ingest and shoot.  You will do well by buying the best one you can but you may still find different ammo will shoot better than others regardless of the price of the barrel.

Do some GoogleFu or Duck duck go with "Who makes Anderson AR barrels" or similar to do some research.  I am sure  others will bring suggestions to the table.

Good luck!

Thanks all!

Full disclosure, the reason I want the 14.5 instead of the 16” is 100% based on the look I’m going for. To me, that’s part of the beauty of an AR. They can look like just about anything you want them to.

In addition to CQB/plinking, I plan to do a little hunting with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kak ind has good barrels and prices. Check them out

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk