Reb58

.223 ammo deal

Dicks Sporting Goods has a good deal on ..223 and .22lr right now.

.223 worked out to .25 a round. Boxes of 200 Fiocchi 55gr FMJ brass cased for $55.97 and another 10% of that price. This was loose in box.

1000 rounds of boxed 22lr for $31. That was $34.xx less another 10%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just cannot bring myself to darken their door no matter how good the deal....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewallover said:

I just cannot bring myself to darken their door no matter how good the deal....

TRUTH^

Trying to get sportsmen to come back ? 

Matt

25 minutes ago, HAZMAT said:

Trying to get sportsmen to come back ? 

Matt

More like trying too unload inventory and salvage their dismal sales and consolidate  losses  , all the while  having the very people whom their screwing over  pay for the privilege :legs:

• Like 1

So fill me in. How are they screwing people over? Yeah, I'm not thrilled they took out assault style rifles and no means of seeing firearms online. That screws them IMO.

Seriously, I have no idea what they've done.

I'm not overly fond of Dicks but I've got $550 in gift cards to spend.

19 minutes ago, Reb58 said:

So fill me in. How are they screwing people over? Yeah, I'm not thrilled they took out assault style rifles and no means of seeing firearms online. That screws them IMO.

Seriously, I have no idea what they've done.

I'm not overly fond of Dicks but I've got $550 in gift cards to spend.

Listen Reb58 : It's YOUR Money  YOU decide .

I DON'T like Company's or People whom LIE , especially so as to justify some lame popular  anti gun scam   ,it was a corporate decision in hopes of bolstering sales of NON sporting persons ,by  pretending too give up their  major source of income  ! Just more pelosi  lame Lies .

Nickolas Cruz Purchased the weapon he used at Sunrise tactical in FL.  .  Whom is really at fault for that mass HS shooting is Lakeland ,FL Sheriff's Dept. and  the F ing FBI !!!!

Those AHoles dropped ALL the Red flags and Burned them to white wash their inadequacies Inept lack of any meaningful investigation into that  low life scumbag !!!!. Click take a read .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/timeline-parkland-shooter-nikolas-cruz/

Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. said that it has eliminated the hunting category, including firearms, from about 125 stores, replacing the merchandise with “categories and products that can drive growth,” according to Edward Stack, the athletic retailer’s chief executive.

The changes were part of a strategic review of the hunting business, including Field & Stream, a subsidiary of Dick’s Sporting Goods

Dick’s Sporting Goods previously removed the category from 10 stores. Those 10 stores generated positive same-store sales, Stack said in March.

In February 2018, Dick’s Sporting Goods raised the minimum age for gun purchases to 21, and said it would cease selling assault-style rifles or high-capacity magazines. The move came in the wake of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., which left 17 dead.

See: ‘Customers no longer feel as safe’: Petition to ban gun sales at Walmart tops 129,000 signatures, lands on CEO’s desk

The accused shooter, Nikolas Cruz, purchased a gun at Dick’s Sporting Goods, the company said.  Total pelosi story or excuse !!!!.

“We feel that we’re enthusiastic about the three main categories of our business - apparel, footwear and hardlines - and even with the continued deterioration in the hunt business and the firearms business, we’ve been able to make up for that in these other categories and we expect to be able to do that through the balance of the year,” Stack said on the earnings call, according to a FactSet transcript.

Spend them, No reason not to... I just don’t appreciate their luke warm support of the gun community, the 2nd Amendment, and the removal of the modern sporting rifle from their shelves sent me over the top.  I choose not to spend my money there, and that’s my right.  But gift cards, the only person you would be hurting is yourself if you don’t redeem them, spend away!   Dick’s leadership has no

moral compass, they respond to every social criticism from the left as if it were the only opinion out there and would throw the shooting community under the bus if their leadership thought it would benefit the bottom line.  Funny thing is their other outdoor store still sells “tactical” stuff...kinda hypocritical one would think.  

So far from what I understand, that philosophy has yet to work for them as their bottom line has fallen off ever since they became openly political in their public comments and actions.  I don’t happen to agree, so I don’t shop there.

• Like 1

Since you have 'em, spend 'em. But, you could make sort of a statement by spending it all on ammunition. That's probably what I'd do.

• Like 1

Just my opinion here, because you’ve been given the gift cards go ahead and spend them as you wish.  By not using them, as said before, will only hurt yourself.  If you choose to make a statement, buy only shooting supplies like ammo, cleaning kits, targets and the like.  It’s your money though do as you wish.  
For me, I don’t have anything that ties me to them, so I’m not going to spend anything in their stores.  They as a company have chosen to alienate me from their business model, so I’ll oblige them by not giving them any of my business… Ever.
I know that trying to boycott everyone who pisses in my bowl is for the most part impossible.  But I CAN consciously choose to avoid those that I can reasonably avoid.

Thanks for the commentary and enlightenment. I'm not a big Dicks customer so I guess the "news" passed me by. I earned the giftcards in two golf tournament Sept and Nov. Needing nothing for golf, I thought I could do something with my guns.

Ammo was a good deal. I understand the rationale for not shopping there. I often vote my politics with my money and encourage others to do the same so thanks for the information concerning their behavior.

• Like 1

I wouldn't shop there, but imo theres nothing wrong with using gift cards. Go for it.

Gun stuff is good!!!!