towtruck

2020 PNW campout anyone?

Are we going to do this again this year or what :cool: ?

I have a tight schedule with my training but I should be able to make a long weekend to get together and have a little fun. 

5 hours ago, towtruck said:

Are we going to do this again this year or what :cool: ?

I have a tight schedule with my training but I should be able to make a long weekend to get together and have a little fun. 

What time frame are you looking at, going to Vegas in March and then DC in June, July or early Aug is when we have been looking at a Oregon trip....

Edited by Rampy

We have done it around the first week of Sept. before. Doing it before deer season would be smart. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:19 AM, towtruck said:

We have done it around the first week of Sept. before. Doing it before deer season would be smart. 

Sounds good, have fun and don’t to anything Rumpy would not do :laugh:

I am free all but the first week or two of July. And I'm in if we do it. No excuses for old hands not making it, I'll come and pick them up if necessary. 

One of my most favorite things to do.  Pretty open, have to spend some time in TX at my moms place but no dates set yet.  Lets make this happen!

I don't have my teaching schedule for July-Dec yet...once I have that I can nail down a weekend.

What is this PNW camp out you guys speak of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rcam1977 said:

What is this PNW camp out you guys speak of

We try to get together once a year, and all Armory members are welcome. It's held in northern central Oregon, and we get together to shoot, eat. drink, tell lies, and generally have a good time. We call it the PNW (Pacific Northwest) campout because we've usually only gotten folks from western states, but we've had a member from Illinois show up once, and we had a blast. Most often we get members from Oregon, Washington, and California due to the logistics. But if we get someone flying in, we'll make arrangements to pick them up from Portland if need be, and drag them and their gear to the site. 

When you say campouts are we taking RVs or tents. I don't do tents.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Duramaxsky said:

When you say campouts are we taking RVs or tents. I don't do tents.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I try not to do tents either anymore. Other guys do however. I do an RV, though mine is a bit big for the main camp spot, so the last time I stayed in a USFS campground a few miles away. If you have a smaller trailer (I snuck in a 24ft bumper pull in one year) you can camp at the main campsite, otherwise the USFS campground is the way to go. 

• Like 1

I may try to make it.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a blast, wish I could come

I will be there barring any unknown issues right now.  I consider this my yearly vacation, and it has always been an awesome fun blast.  I usually slept in the back of my truck...  maybe this next time use a tent.  Pain in the ass for an old guy to have to crawl out of the back of a truck to go to the bathroom wondering if you are going to be eaten by a cougar or bear.   I cant encourage anyone enough to try and attend.  It is a monumental, fun and epic experience. 

Campfire stories until early morning (stories around the campfire stay at the campfire), GREAT companionship, so comfortable, EXCELLENT food cooked over an open fire, Great amounts of knowledge and experience exchanged, and just one of the best weekends, or longer, that you will ever experience.  At the base of Mt Hood, just epic scenery.  I encourage ALL to attend if you can manage it.

John

• Like 1

I have vacation time the last week of Aug and the first week of Sept. I do have an open schedule in August only where I could take more time off. Sept is kinda crammed up with teaching other than the first week.

I vote for putting this together in mid Aug to early Sept......