MoVal04

Louisiana

Anyone besides myself live in LA?

Yes there's others

Not me but I could sure go for some Cajun & Creole Shrimp right now.  :segrin:

Matt

We had shrimp creole for lunch yesterday.  Mmmm...mmm, good!  That's not considered cultural appropriation because we live within spitting distance of Louisiana.  :anim_wave:

2 hours ago, olfart said:

We had shrimp creole for lunch yesterday.  Mmmm...mmm, good!  That's not considered cultural appropriation because we live within spitting distance of Louisiana.  :anim_wave:

I have that often and I'm not even close to Louisiana ,  so does that make ME  culturally  racist or something  :unsure:

Edited by BushXM15

49 minutes ago, BushXM15 said:

I have that often and I'm not even close to Louisiana ,  so does that make ME  culturally  racist or something  :unsure:

Only if you admit it to a Dim Dem.

i grew up in houston, and the first time i ever had boudin was across the street from the old ellington AFB. i havent found that particular kind since then. it was thick like silly putty and on texas toast with the best pinto beans!

Houston now, but raised my kids in Sulphur. They're still there close to mama.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't now but was born in La. and spent my first 40 years there , came to the on vacation in' 95 and stayed .I have introduced quite a few Hill Billy's to good Cajun and Creo food and cook it regularly .

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Not currently but spent a lot of time there.  My Moms family were French Cajuns.  Family settled the area between Lake Charles and Bunkie.  I drank a lot of coffee made by dumping grinds into a pan, boiling then tossing in egg shells, lots of blue crab and mud dog gumbo, and andouille sausages out of a bag.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Monroe LA once... that count?

4 hours ago, Mack68 said:

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Monroe LA once... that count?

NO silly ;  If You've never been on the Bayou back water gator gettin and shine sampling  You haven't been too Louisiana :segrin:. FYI : Avoid Ft. Polk  that was MY initial downfall :ROFLLMAO:

Lake Charles  Homa  New Orleans  Slidell   Deridder Natchitoches Bentley Parrish Shreveport Homer  , been near everywhere worth seeing in the Great State of Louisiana  I reckon . Red River Sibley Lake and a whole slew of back water Bayou  that I couldn't remember or even pronounce . I do remember being in a State park called Sabine Forrest I believe and a lake with the same name but down South near Homa  if memory serves .  I genuinely ENJOY Louisianans / Cajun folks  their MY kind of people  :thumb: That temp heat index gauge needs a major  overhaul down there ,is perhaps the only reason We don't reside there  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

NO silly ;  If You've never been on the Bayou back water gator gettin and shine sampling  You haven't been too Louisiana :segrin:. FYI : Avoid Ft. Polk  that was MY initial downfall :ROFLLMAO:
Lake Charles  Homa  New Orleans  Slidell   Deridder Natchitoches Bentley Parrish Shreveport Homer  , been near everywhere worth seeing in the Great State of Louisiana  I reckon . Red River Sibley Lake and a whole slew of back water Bayou  that I couldn't remember or even pronounce . I do remember being in a State park called Sabine Forrest I believe and a lake with the same name but down South near Homa  if memory serves .  I genuinely ENJOY Louisianans / Cajun folks  their MY kind of people  :thumb: That temp heat index gauge needs a major  overhaul down there ,is perhaps the only reason We don't reside there 
I was born in Deridder and learned to hunt and fish on the Sabine river . My maternal pa-paw lived in Rose Pine and we called Leesville Sleasville . Different way of life for sure . We were half way between Red bone country and Cajun country .

35 minutes ago, ozarkpugs said:

I was born in Deridder and learned to hunt and fish on the Sabine river . My maternal pa-paw lived in Rose Pine and we called Leesville Sleasville . Different way of life for sure . We were half way between Red bone country and Cajun country .

Small world ,one of My best friends was also born in Deridder . Unfortunately he passed away a few years back Copeland was his last name . He worked down Homa way on Oil rigs early on 40's-50's before moving out Calif.in 60's . I met him in 65,  he was a roofer and ended up owning a very successful company .

I remember him for his work ethics and his honesty but perhaps his positive influence and good nature love of Family and fishing !

He was the only Man I ever knew who could stand flat footed on the ground and literally toss 120-140 lb. Bundle of heavy shakes up too a standing Man on a roof . It's one thing to be strong 💪 but that was near super human . He was 5'8" tall and about 6'4" wide at the shoulders . It's one thing to lift weight but try press tossing them straight up 16 ft.💪

I sorly miss him because he introduced ME too Louisiana and We had Great fun a few trips :thumb:

I live close to the Texas border.   Why are they always tearing up their roads?