WHISKEY68

Sportbike/Superbike riders, check in!

Who rides a sportbike here? What kind? Post pictures below!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This work for ya?

N6ZWP6B.jpg

vZ5IerE27z-imM4NBEzlnQXDBJzOXh2-hATZb_Lh

2017 ZX-10R

Bone stock except the Akrapovik slip-on. 

7 minutes ago, Sorceress 21 said:

vZ5IerE27z-imM4NBEzlnQXDBJzOXh2-hATZb_Lh

2017 ZX-10R

Bone stock except the Akrapovik slip-on. 

Pretty gigantic chicken strips there girlie. :lol: 

I've got two roadworthy old-man "sport-tourers" at the moment. Do they count?

My trusty ol' naked.....

flMKBvm.jpg

.....and my franken-bike I named "Legion" (for we are many).

UXsUG1z.jpg

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Longhair said:

Pretty gigantic chicken strips there girlie. :lol: 

I've got two roadworthy old-man "sport-tourers" at the moment. Do they count?

My trusty ol' naked.....

.....and my franken-bike I named "Legion" (for we are many).

NOT! You need some glasses..That tire is scrubbed to the sidewall bubba! 

FWdvxMldQJew-XtYEDwUdvrafMiPQ2qqlr11DyRj

Edited by Sorceress 21
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sorceress 21 said:

NOT! You need some glasses..That tire is scrubbed to the sidewall bubba! 

FWdvxMldQJew-XtYEDwUdvrafMiPQ2qqlr11DyRj

Must have been the lighting. Good Girl!! :thumb: That's what I like to see!

Just now, Longhair said:

Must have been the lighting. Good Girl!! :thumb: That's what I like to see!

My knee pucks are scraped too...though don't tell my mother! :segrin:

• Haha 1

Florida sucks, if you want to lean over you need to find a clover leaf.

3 minutes ago, andy2205 said:

Florida sucks, if you want to lean over you need to find a clover leaf.

I don't really understand why anyone in Florida bothers with Sportbikes for street riding. They aren't fun to be on in hot weather anyway. Personally my temp threshold for street riding, especially hard hitting rolls down the twistys is like 68 to 78 degrees. Otherwise she sits in the garage lookin pretty! 70 is perfect! Not too hot for full leathers and not too cold that the tires don't get sticky. 

Oh I remember the days   122 F  flying down down the  Mojave strip on Two ,  well one and a partial wheel :segrin: Smoking rear tire  even with track gearing

I borrowed a photo of this one .  Mine was Black with Yellow pin stripe and had GS1100 fairing . I had Vance & Hines in LA  build a Stage ll  motor . Here's MY OLD  Team Yoshimura Jacket .  Don't remember exactly  but somewhere in the vicinity of 165- 180  Hp.  once Byron got it all dialed in  . I recall when Terry Vance set a new record with his unlimited 1150 build it went 0-60 mph in less than 1.5 sec . Hey we're talking 1986 . All MY actual photos are on slides and Now with Win 10 pro CAN'T use Epson 3200 Perfection photo scanner  because those AHoles didn't won't produce a driver .  So looking into SilverFast upgrade and see IF that will allow the 3200 to live again .

if it does  Watch out Bush has REAL PHOTOS  ; Susuki's Yamaha's  Triumphs Snorton Norton 750 ,  Harley's  RD 400 3 Wheeler  I can almost feel the tornado in MY face :segrin: The Wife made ME sell them  ,is more than likely WHY I'M still earth bound . Kommyfornia and Motorcycles have a Higher than normal % of DEATH !!!!!!!!!. :whining:

suzuki-6-jpg.jpg

Gi4m1Ev.jpg

The Duc 848 is the last in a long line of bikes for me.

Started on a Honda 175 and went to:

Yamaha 650 Special,  Sold

Yamaha XS1100,  Crashed

Kawasaki KDX 200,  Stolen

Kawasaki KDX 250, Sold

Yamaha TT350, Sold

Yamaha RZ 350, Sold, Shipped to England

Ducati 620 Monster,  Given to son, totaled by DUI driver

Triumph Thruxton 900, Sold

Ducati 848 Streetfighter, Still in the garage

At the time of the XS1100, Yamaha had not built the FJ yet, the XS1100 was the big bad boy. The Kawasakis and TT350 were from a period of "high speed pine tree dodging" seemed safer than the street, but produced more injuries. The RZ350 was the most fun I had had with clothes on, a pair of Makuni smooth bores, K&N filters and a set of Spec II pipes, thing sounded like a demented chain saw at 11K rpm. It was sold and shipped to England. the Ducati 620 was a plunge back into riding. Bought for a decent price as a "Leftover", got decked out in billet and carbon. While deployed, my wife caved to my son and told him he could ride if he took a motorcycle safety class. Well no shat, you need it for a license here anyway. Bought the Thruxton to replace the 620. Built up with a set of big bore flat slides (rattlers), gutted the air box and battery tray and replaced the pipes. Harleys might sound bad ass, but this thing made HP when it sang. Eventually sold it, cafe racers are not very comfortable. Went to my son's graduation from college and we all wound up in a Ducati dealership, he asked what we were doing there and I told him I had a surprise for him. The 620 had suffered the fatal Ducati fuel tank leak and had been sitting for a long while. I had replaced the tank with a track fuel cell and was working on getting it running again. Walked around a corner of the sales floor and found "the red stuff". Hopped on the 848 and that was it. A week later I was buying one from a dealer near home, while dropping off the 620 to have a fuel issue resolved.

So, while approaching 62, I still ride the 848 now and then. My son survived (lucky to be alive) being whacked by a DUI driver in a pick up and he has a Ducati Monster 7 something with some really nasty scars on his lower left leg to remind him he is a mortal.

If you ride, keep your head on a swivel and cover your ass and assets with insurance. My son would have been in the shat all around if he didn't have insurance. His lawyer got what the other guy's insurance company had. It seems the law takes a dim view of a person driving away from one accident to the scene of another. Had he not covered the bike's billet and carbon, it would have been totaled for pennies. Receipts and pictures are a good thing to keep around.

ORLxOGQ.jpg

Vb7vuNC.jpg

KDzbImt.jpg

Nice bikes guys. I rode for 6-7 years. Miss it everyday. I started on a 2002 Yamaha R6, had it for probably 6 months before I fell in love with the 2004 Yamaha R1 in silver. Bought it put a bunch of money into. Loved that bike. Sold it cause my now wife and I were supposed to be getting married. That didn’t happen at the time cause she went back to school. So I bought a 06 R6 leftover that lasted 6 months till someone pulled out in front of me and I totaled it. I then bought the 06 anniversary R1 I always wanted. Had it a little over a year till my back starting telling me it was time to give up riding.

06 R6 after the accident
248357313000c0cc16792dcf5deec229.jpg

04 R1 I wish I still had
3bca32b50dd21eacd3fccb8fec8c4375.jpg

12 minutes ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

06 R1
be9874545f8859264d727a778d029e1a.jpg

That's Nice! My RZ350 sported the "colors" and Kenny Roberts' sig on the cowling.