WhiteGTDropTop

New carry gun

Picked up a new carry piece last night. It will replace the Taurus G2C that has been my carry gun the last 2 years or so. It’s a S&W m&p 9mm ez. Only been out a few months from what I understand.

Wanted to get something that the wife could also handle relatively easily. Hence the ez model.

Not as nice as most of the stuff I have seen on here but def an upgrade from my Taurus5f9821197e0d4ca1de075eb33e6c415e.jpg

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice, but I'm disappointed S&W went the grip safety route..

Yeah I don’t really mind it. Guess they decided to go with the grip instead of a trigger safety. I have watched a ton of reviews on this gun and everyone has nothing but good things to say about it. I am eager to get out and shoot it. Def won’t happen this weekend but hopefully soon

Sean

• Like 1

I've never played with one, but a few people I know have & they had nothing but good to say about them.

Definitely a large step up in quality/reliability from the G2C

Was your g2 giving problems or did you just want a change

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

No problems with the G2 just wanted an upgrade in quality since my budget allows it. G2 seems like a solid pistol. Shot pretty well for me.

Sean

No problems with the G2 just wanted an upgrade in quality since my budget allows it. G2 seems like a solid pistol. Shot pretty well for me.

Sean

I ask because I picked one up one just to carry when I float the river creeks on my kiyak and on the tractor . It has survived some pretty rough treatment . I upgraded the trigger , sights and rod when I first got it and it has been fed several hundred rounds with out hick up .__ Most people who hate on a product have never owned one and are just speculating is the Reason I asked . --new Smith looks good . I can see how the grip safety could be an asset if carrying it in a purse.

I got the G2C as a replacement for my pt140 from Taurus. I just figure if ur life depends on it u wanna carry as high quality of a gun as u can afford.

Sean

Nice!!

Very nice little pistol. I fondled one last month and was very tempted to get one for my wife.

Greg

• Like 1

Took it shooting this morning. Put like 50 rounds through it and it shot well. No jams or anything. Feels really comfortable

Sean

• Like 1

Congratulations !

I am really interested in a range report after you get a decent amount of rounds downrange. 

Have fun !

John

On 3/2/2020 at 7:14 AM, ozarkpugs said:

I ask because I picked one up one just to carry when I float the river creeks on my kiyak and on the tractor . It has survived some pretty rough treatment . I upgraded the trigger , sights and rod when I first got it and it has been fed several hundred rounds with out hick up .__ Most people who hate on a product have never owned one and are just speculating is the Reason I asked . --new Smith looks good . I can see how the grip safety could be an asset if carrying it in a purse.

Saw 2 Taurus G2C’s fail/break this past week, but we were actually shooting/testing/evaluating a couple different handguns and the G2C sucks & broke before they shot 1 thousand rounds each.....

On 3/7/2020 at 9:52 AM, WhiteGTDropTop said:

Took it shooting this morning. Put like 50 rounds through it and it shot well. No jams or anything. Feels really comfortable

Sean

I did not shoot one, but watched a couple people put 2k rds downrange with one in a single day and it did not have a single issue...

Saw 2 Taurus G2C’s fail/break this past week, but we were actually shooting/testing/evaluating a couple different handguns and the G2C sucks & broke before they shot 1 thousand rounds each.....
Really ! )Lol . I don't think even you are incompetent enough to break 2 g2s in the same test . ___