WhiteGTDropTop

Looking for holster options

Wats up guys. I have been a big fan of alien gears shape shift line of holsters for a while now. They r currently dragging their feet on coming out with the shell for my S&W m&p EZ9. I mostly appendix carry. Just wanted to get your opinions on companies that you have used and like. One requirement for me is it has to have adjustable retention. Thanks for your time guys

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alien gear is the el garbage/el cheapo/el dumpster fire of the holster world, they have fantastic marketing but when push comes to shove are garbage & all holsters that are part plastic/kydex and part leather or other backing to be more "comfortable" are unsafe, dangerous and excel at nothing.

If you check out these 2 forums there is quite a few different threads/opinions to help yo get a start

https://ar15armory.com/forums/forum/324-licenses-or-conceal-carry/

https://ar15armory.com/forums/forum/240-sidearm-gear-and-accessories/

Appreciate the feedback. I will check out the other forums.

Sean

Hey Rampy, I checked out the companies in the other threads and none of them are offering a holster yet for the gun I have. Any other companies you recommend besides the 3 in the other threads? I would prefer to not have to wait 6-8 weeks to get one.

Sean

1 hour ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

Hey Rampy, I checked out the companies in the other threads and none of them are offering a holster yet for the gun I have. Any other companies you recommend besides the 3 in the other threads? I would prefer to not have to wait 6-8 weeks to get one.

Sean

You have a Shield 9 EZ correct.

HolsterCo or DarkStar might, don’t think Raven Concealment has one for them, Philster needs a light mounted, those are off the cuff who might have one. 

You have a Shield 9 EZ correct.

HolsterCo or DarkStar might, don’t think Raven Concealment has one for them, Philster needs a light mounted, those are off the cuff who might have one. 

Yes shield 9 ez.

I will check them out

Thanks
Sean

I struck out with the companies you listed. Haven’t been able to find much to be honest with ya. I emailed Holsterco to see their ETA on having one available.

Rampy, I was gonna email another company or two and see if they will have one available soon. Who are your 2 favorites for appendix carry?

Thanks
Sean

If your looking for AIWB, I carry a p365xl in a Tier 1 Axis Slim holster. I use the Utiliclips with properly sized pants if that helps at all.

The holster is pretty frickin pricey, I think I got mine in a month, I ordered in January and got it in February this year. But it's worth every penny, IMHO.

I think most kydex holster makers are smaller operations that make holsters to order. With this Covid19 shutting down nearly all small business, I think itll be awhile before you can get a quality holster for your gun.

Edt: Changed Agies Slim to Axis Slim

If your looking for AIWB, I carry a p365xl in a Tier 1 Agies Slim holster. I use the Utiliclips with properly sized pants if that helps at all.

The holster is pretty frickin pricey, I think I got mine in a month, I ordered in January and got it in February this year. But it's worth every penny, IMHO.

I think most kydex holster makers are smaller operations that make holsters to order. With this Covid19 shutting down nearly all small business, I think itll be awhile before you can get a quality holster for your gun.

I have looked at Tier 1. I like the idea of the holster and mag being right there together I just worry about spending that kinda money and not liking it. I have looked at a couple other companies that make a similar holster to the tier one agies slim. I will have to email a few and see where they are at. I heard back from HolsterCo today and they said they are waiting on a mold but didn’t have an ETA.

I have found one or two cheaper companies that make a kydex holster but not sure I wanna go that route. This is about as good as I can find right now.

f9dbafb8495e37ec951d078f38a7c339.jpg

1 minute ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

I have looked at Tier 1. I like the idea of the holster and mag being right there together I just worry about spending that kinda money and not liking it. I have looked at a couple other companies that make a similar holster to the tier one agies slim. I will have to email a few and see where they are at. I heard back from HolsterCo today and they said they are waiting on a mold but didn’t have an ETA.

I have found one or two cheaper companies that make a kydex holster but not sure I wanna go that route. This is about as good as I can find right now.

f9dbafb8495e37ec951d078f38a7c339.jpg

I just looked up when the EZ was released...February 2020. It typically takes most kydex companies 6 months to A: get dummy guns for molds and B: enough demand for a pistol to make prototyping/manufacturing profitable. 

I just looked up when the EZ was released...February 2020. It typically takes most kydex companies 6 months to A: get dummy guns for molds and B: enough demand for a pistol to make prototyping/manufacturing profitable. 

I assumed holster companies were much like aftermarket car part companies. They get access to the guns before the public so they can have their products available shortly after the gun would go on sale. I am quickly leaning this isn’t the case.

Sean

Tier 1 also makes pistol only holster, no idea what the cost is off the top of my head. I've heard alot of positive feedback from Bravo Concealment's AIWB holster.

Again, I think your just gonna have to wait for a holster for that particular gun.

I'll never understand wanting a cheap holster that is marginal for a good/expensive gun that could be used to save you life.....more to making a holster than folding kydex and calling it good.....

Anywhoo, your pistol is new, I asked abut blue/green guns and was told meh....the virus is slowing everything down, possibly 6-8 months, some places might buy a gun or borrow one and make moulds from them....

Or you can e-mail Philster and ask if this holster with a ligh will fit, yep, it's not cheap, but I've got one and it's well worth the price, but yo would also need to get a light for your pistol.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight/

2 hours ago, MadeInUSA said:

Just like when I got the STI Staccato's, they were so new holsters were as scarce as hents teeth & I've had em for 6ish months and still holsters are rare....