SpudDog

Painted a raw lower

Posted (edited)

I've milled out 3 lowers now and one of them was raw aluminum.  Some of you might remember me asking how I should finish it.  Decided against spending the money on having it cerakoted or anodized.  Ended up using metal primer and some drab camo color Rustoleum spray paint.  Will go on a future build on a cheap gun that I will also paint.  Not sure when, but when the time is right I'll build it.  I prefer my black rifles but this is something different.  Colors I used were olive, khaki and hunt club green.  I sanded the aluminum before applying primer then applied the spray and texture spray using a laundry bag for texture.  I'll be going for the battle worn look and if I end up not liking it, it will be a cheap build and simply cosmetic.   

5ADuQtyl.jpg

Edited by SpudDog
  • Like 2

I've milled out 3 lowers now and one of them was raw aluminum.  Some of you might remember me asking how I should finish it.  Decided against spending the money on having it cerakoted or anodized.  Ended up using metal primer and some drab camo color Rustoleum spray paint.  Will go on a future build on a cheap gun that I will also paint.  Not sure when, but when the time is right I'll build it.  I prefer my black rifles but this is something different.  Colors I used were olive, khaki and hunt club green.  I sanded the aluminum before applying primer then applied the spray and texture spray using a laundry bag for texture.  I'll be going for the battle worn look and if I end up not liking it, it will be a cheap build and simply cosmetic.   

5ADuQtyl.jpg

I think it looks good. Something different. Nice job

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. One of a kind.I'll be interested in hearing how it holds up to use.

• Like 2