Retcop

Does anyone pocket carry a G43 ?

If you do, please tell me how it is working for you.

If you own a G43 and DO NOT pocket carry it, please tell me why.

Thanks

john

Edited by Retcop

my CCW is a G43

Love it, 

only wish it had more rounds. sometimes carrying a second mag is cumbersome

Usually my G43 rides in a CrossBreed MiniTuck, but I have a Kydex trigger clip for pocket carry. When pockets are big enough and inside the belt won’t work. Last time was a wedding- with lots of hugging, nobody knew it was there, but lots of pictures and stuff with arms around waists.

John

“Remember, no matter where you go, there you are,” —Buckaroo Banzai

No, but do pocket carry a similar size, Sig 938 and Kimber Micro 9, all the time.  Works best with a pocket holster so the gun stays oriented for an easier draw. 

Thanks guys !

The nearest Glock blue dealer is either uo by St Louis, (no)  or a good piece of the way to Indiana. 

Trying to get some inspiration on G 43 or G43  before i get there. 

I held a G43 yesterday but the trigger lock would not let my finger go to the top of the grip.

Gonna have to drive. 

4 hours ago, Mack68 said:

my CCW is a G43

Love it, 

only wish it had more rounds. sometimes carrying a second mag is cumbersome

Vickers Tactical has a +2 expanded base plate foe when you bely carry. I think Tango Dowm makes them for Vickers, not sure.

Comes with longer spring for reliable function and lockback.  They were in stock a couple of days ago on Tango Down site . 

5 hours ago, Rampy said:

So this is off topic a tad........it’s long to watch & you can stream it without the video and listen while driving or whatever...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/darryl-bolke-a0833239

Your right, prolly not gonna watch it. I shoot my snubby verry well and it conceals very well. 

I am not happy with the round count, which is in my earlier post when I asked the brain trust what they thought between G43 and G 43. 

You're a Glockophile....does the G43 have the same trigger as the G43 X ?  I'm not finding that info. 

Got teo joints now blown out in lower back and Carring G23 and spare mag is not reaally comfy these days. Need something lighter with more rounds than my Jfraame.

I have a G43 and a Walther PPS. Both similar size. I'd pocket carry either only if in a coat or jacket pocket. My hands are too big to easily and reliably retrieve the gun from a pocket.

Otherwise I carry the Walther in an OWB "taco" style belt holster.

2 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

I have a G43 and a Walther PPS. Both similar size. I'd pocket carry either only if in a coat or jacket pocket. My hands are too big to easily and reliably retrieve the gun from a pocket.

Otherwise I carry the Walther in an OWB "taco" style belt holster.

I held a PPS yesterday, and it was 100 bucks cheaper than the Glock (without discount)  and came with steel sights. Fit my hand well. 

42 minutes ago, Retcop said:

I held a PPS yesterday, and it was 100 bucks cheaper than the Glock (without discount)  and came with steel sights. Fit my hand well. 

I like my Walther. It's the M2 version LE version. Came with night nights, 3 mags (one each 6, 7, 8 round). IIRC it was $400.

Unless you are hell-bent on a G43/48 family pistolo you may want to consider the Walther.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

I like my Walther. It's the M2 version LE version. Came with night nights, 3 mags (one each 6, 7, 8 round). IIRC it was $400.

Unless you are hell-bent on a G43/48 family pistolo you may want to consider the Walther.

I am considering it, but to be real, it's going to be difficult with my decades long realtionships with Glocks starting with the Gen 2. (Wish I still had it) 

This one did not have night sites or it may haave come home with me. Your version (if I can find it) is being added to the must shoot list. 

Thanks, buddy.

10 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

I paid $319 for my PPS M2/LE and got extra mags for it, she's a sweet shooting little pistol....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retcop said:

Your right, prolly not gonna watch it. I shoot my snubby verry well and it conceals very well. 

I am not happy with the round count, which is in my earlier post when I asked the brain trust what they thought between G43 and G 43. 

You're a Glockophile....does the G43 have the same trigger as the G43 X ?  I'm not finding that info. 

Got teo joints now blown out in lower back and Carring G23 and spare mag is not reaally comfy these days. Need something lighter with more rounds than my Jfraame.

Did not think you would, you are not open to learning :tiphat:

I have a Walther PPS/M2'LE version and like it better than the small Glocks.....

However, I carry my J frame anywhere, if you listen to the podcast you will learn Daryl does exactly what I learned the hard way and have been doing for years.....and he is a true revolver expert, he's got one hell of a revolver collection & carries them and shoots them.....and his Law Enforcement career is highly distinguished & he learned revolvers from the best in the country....

45 minutes ago, Rampy said:

Did not think you would, you are not open to learning :tiphat:

That's a total BS thing to say. I guess the troll disease is hard to shake. Do you have 31/2 hours to listen to a podcast.  If you do, more power to you. Since you have listened to it and digested the learning, maybe you could post the times that are most relevant to my concerns. or provide a summary of what you believe is the most pertinent points addressed, or was the idea simply to get a dig in because I did not have the 3 1?2 hours to spend on a revolver podcast when I am in the market for a semi-auto ? 

I have carried a .38 S pecialJ frame Airweight. It has the hammer shroud, but one that has the track with the almost flush hammer so that it can be cocked to single action. I much prefer it to my Dad's DAO all steel J frame. I have carried it alone on very short outings with a speedloader or as a backup for decades. It sports a Pachmayr grip, and as I have mentioned,  my trainers are amazed how accurate it is, even at 25 yards, although I usually do single action from that distance.

Contrary to TT's experience, The S&W revolvers in the family, or the ones I have inspected and or shot that are owned by my cop buddies, are all well made and have proved very durable. Few, if any, are brand new.

I have a Walther PPS/M2'LE version and like it better than the small Glocks.....

Thank you very much for the productive input. Is it that they simply fit your hand better, or is there something in particular about the Walthers that you find superior to the small Glocks ? 

However, I carry my J frame anywhere, if you listen to the podcast you will learn Daryl does exactly what I learned the hard way and have been doing for years.....and he is a true revolver expert, he's got one hell of a revolver collection & carries them and shoots them.....and his Law Enforcement career is highly distinguished & he learned revolvers from the best in the country....

We are on the same page on that then, because if it is not on my body it is close at hand, no matter what I am carrying. I have always carried what I consider a "comabt sidearm" whether it be a Hi Power, some of the older Smiths semi-autos, or Full size or G19 series Glocks, all with spare magazines. My physical problems have led me to discover that carrying a G19 or G23 and mag(s) with my lower back condition that has now blown on both sides, I can no longer tolerate the compact Glocks weight for any length of time when I am on my feet.  I'll leave it at that without specifics. The whole idea about asking about sub-compacts is to shed weight, increase rounds, and for more rapid reloads. Before you go off on how these revolver gurus can reload a revolver as fast as a semi auto, I guess I will reveal again that due to my neck injury and surgeries, I have lost some dexterity in my fingers. I prefer a semi auto. My 22 oz DAO solid stainless steel AMT Backup in a Tex Shoemaker wallet holster served my well as a backup to my duty weapon, as we were restricted as to what we could carry, but in truth, it belongs in a Museum. I have never been big on micro 9mm pistols as a primary EDC, mostly because I have large hands and there is not enough grip frame to get a sold purchase on, unlike my J frame. But I am still in search of a magazine fed semi-auto that is smaller and lighter than the G19 series of pistols, WITH either a decent length grip, or one that a reputable company makes an extended +2 or so grip extension, like Vickers does for the G43.    So I'm glad we can finish on a positive note. :tiphat:   

I was hoping that someone who knows as much about Glocks as you do could tell me if the G43 is the same trigger as the G43X, or if the G43X trigger has an improved trigger  ? 

See above