hlhneast

Out of Stock

Shopping around for LR308 parts and generally keeping up with the flood of email adverts hitting my inbox, I see more and more out of stock items where actually finding what I need is sometimes difficult.  Cruising Aero Precision's website is pitiful almost with all the OOS items.  LR308 almost non existent and many AR15 items as well.  Many of my rifles, well in fact I think all except two are all built on Aero uppers.  They match flawlessly with BCP lowers, never needing to use the tensioning screw for a tight fit.

Has anyone else noticed this trend?  With all the unrest maybe these manufacturers are struggling to keep up or maybe more interested in building complete rifles?  I see some have complete uppers or lowers but few loose parts, then some with parts and no assemblies.  Demand is high with the lead up to the election.  You would think with gaff a day Caveman Biden, it would be a run away for the President but I am still worried about the non stop free media negative coverage of every aspect of his agenda.  Otherwise uninformed voters swallow the kool aid and anti Trump sentiment is high.  Screw the record of fantastic achievements, Orange Man Bad.  But enough of that.

I still only have a barrel for the 308 so its not like I cant fit that one piece to complete my rifle.  I have 4 months to finish it and sometimes time can flash by without noticing.  I am sure it will get worse before it gets better especially if something goes South in November  If Democrats take over Washington, all bets are off.  I might as well use this Criterion .308 barrel for a tomato stake.

Anyone else noticing this OOS trend?  I know prices have jumped 20-30% on a lot of the market.  Complete firearms, parts, ammo, all of it has jumped.  It may get tough sooner than later.  I guess its time to grab what I can when I find it.

POF is showing some .308 parts in stock. 

https://pof-usa.com/shop/

Kinda gotta click around from menu on left to get to all the .308 parts. 

I'd wait for Trump to win again and shop when parts become more readily available and prices drop.

I share your sentiments about fearing the election.  I am a lifelong gun owner but started with ARs in March.  Got a late start but ever since I shot the M16 I wanted an AR or ten.  Also, I do not know how people IN GOOD CONSCIENCE can vote for retard, pedophile, senile Joe Biden.  Yes, lets' vote for someone who sniffs hair and likes kids "rubbing his hairy leggs." and thinks that a double barrelled shotgun is the best home defense gun.  Don't even get me started.  I don't normally join these political posts, but this one I couldn't pass up.

23 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

I'd wait for Trump to win again and shop when parts become more readily available and prices drop.

Given the"burn it all down" crowd's agenda, I wouldn't count on prices coming down or availability getting better any time soon simply due to a Trump win. The way I see it, things are going to get ugly regardless of who wins. The duration of the ugly may be shorter if DJT gets a second term, but there isn't going to be that huge sigh of relief until the whole communist wave has been crushed.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, bamashooter said:

I am hoping to get this rifle built for hunting season this year.

I am looking now for an LR308 hand guard.  Ive checked several suppliers I normally look at and all I am getting is OOS, Very expensive or the few that are there look funky to me.

Suppliers so far

Joe bob's

Primary arms

Delta Team

B King Firearms

Aero Precision

Most are OOS

Any other suggestions?  I will check POF, John, thanks!

Edited by hlhneast

12 hours ago, dfairclothrra said:

optics planet has handguards not sure what you are looking for. 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/s/dpms-handguard?_iv_gridSize=240

Thanks!  I didnt think about OP.  They have several items worth checking out.

EDIT:  They have many listed but few in stock under $200.  Most are 6-8 weeks out with no promise.  My rifle is going to be a high dollar build but I want to spend those high dollars where they count the most.  Hand guards dont need to be $300.

I did find a reasonably priced Ambi Charge handle and safety tho.  Thanks!

Edited by hlhneast

I did a DDG search and came up with a few options on hand guards.  Some of the smaller companies are where to go when things tighten up.  I will call them rather than order online to make sure their listings on the website are "live: and the HG is actually in stock.

Made in the USA, UTG will most likely be my choice.  They are around $140 and is at my upper budget limit.  This will be my first UTG hand guard I think and if anyone has any real world experience with them, let me know.  Ive used other UTG products and found them to be good quality with no fitment issues.  I will also most likely go with a UTG A2 rifle stock.  Ive used several of them and they are GTG. 

On 6/27/2020 at 7:25 AM, bamashooter said:

I suggest that if you do not have the ammo you need, or the guns you want, bite the bullet and pay the prices of today. It will take quite a while for ammo prices and availability to get back to anywhere near normal

The odds of this actually happening  in the rural areas is low, IMO.  While passing up some firearms buys, I have made deposits in my future with ammo, not a bunch of new guns I am drooling over.  No rifles as clubs or pistols as hammers for me.  If they get me surrounded by that pile of brass and  dead comrades, I guess they did it the old fashioned way, they earned it. 

john

Edited by Retcop
A dose of sanity.

Lots of OOS at the box stores too. Have you happened to wander down the fishing dept? Here in CO the shelves are raped. No bait, line, floats, hooks, swivels...

I have 3 UTG handguards. I mistakenly bought 1 which is their proprietary HG. It accepts only UTG accessory adapters, etc. The other is MLOK. Both are decent quality imo. I know the MLOK is their Pro Super Slim series. Made in the USA and includes all necessary parts, wrenches, etc.

Not sure if I still have the 3rd. It was actually my first and is a quad-rail.

I like Matrix brand too. https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Matrix-Arms-AR-15-Foxtrot-M-LOK-Handguard-15-p/ma-foxtrot-mlok-15.htm

I believe the UTG has a better finish but that's no biggie for me.

Edited by bamashooter

16 hours ago, bamashooter said:

I have 3 UTG handguards. I mistakenly bought 1 which is their proprietary HG. It accepts only UTG accessory adapters, etc. The other is MLOK. Both are decent quality imo. I know the MLOK is their Pro Super Slim series. Made in the USA and includes all necessary parts, wrenches, etc.

Not sure if I still have the 3rd. It was actually my first and is a quad-rail.

I like Matrix brand too. https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Matrix-Arms-AR-15-Foxtrot-M-LOK-Handguard-15-p/ma-foxtrot-mlok-15.htm

I believe the UTG has a better finish but that's no biggie for me.

Thanks Bama.  You gotta remember I am looking for LR308 stuff.  I like a slim hand guard, those words are what I generally look for.  I do have one quad rail and with the insulator pads , its bulky and heavy so I will stick with M-lok.  I am not opposed to keymod, I just like the aesthetics of M-lok beytter..Since this will be a hunting rig, I doubt I will hang any tacticool besides BUIS on it.

Joe Bobs does have some Matrix LR308 stuff listed but its OOS.  Hate it because its priced well right now.  So well I was thinking of buying one for another build down the road on one of the three lowers I have in the safe.

AAaaaauuughhhh!  BRD , BRD, BRD. :124:

19 hours ago, Retcop said:

I suggest that if you do not have the ammo you need, or the guns you want, bite the bullet and pay the prices of today.

Thats good advice John and I will the closer it gets to hunting season starting here in FL the Sat after election day.  I did just place an order with Aero Precision for a blem upper receiver for $30 lessafter reading the reviews.  I am going to give BCP a month or so to see if they will make a run on lowers somewhere before Nov 7th. 

I am seriously thinking of Duracote a burnt bronze on this rifle so a cosmetic blem will make little difference.  After paying a bit more than $300 for the Criterion barrel, I will be spending more on this rifle than any of my '15 rifles.  I wont cheap out(quality wise) on barrel, BCG, and receivers but things like the hand guard, stock, and maybe an adjustable/tunable gas block do offer opportunities to save a bit here and there.  GB's are all pretty much a regular block with an allen screw sticking into the gas stream.  The some of the adjustable are a little more complicated if you get a click model or a venting model.  I will most likely go with adjustable as I am considering buying a can sometime in the near future.

I will look for sales somewhere but I am prepared to let the moths out of my wallet for the right stuff.

9 minutes ago, hlhneast said:

Thats good advice John and I will the closer it gets to hunting season starting here in FL the Sat after election day.  I did just place an order with Aero Precision for a blem upper receiver for $30 lessafter reading the reviews.  I am going to give BCP a month or so to see if they will make a run on lowers somewhere before Nov 7th. 

I am seriously thinking of Duracote a burnt bronze on this rifle so a cosmetic blem will make little difference.  After paying a bit more than $300 for the Criterion barrel, I will be spending more on this rifle than any of my '15 rifles.  I wont cheap out(quality wise) on barrel, BCG, and receivers but things like the hand guard, stock, and maybe an adjustable/tunable gas block do offer opportunities to save a bit here and there.  GB's are all pretty much a regular block with an allen screw sticking into the gas stream.  The some of the adjustable are a little more complicated if you get a click model or a venting model.  I will most likely go with adjustable as I am considering buying a can sometime in the near future.

I will look for sales somewhere but I am prepared to let the moths out of my wallet for the right stuff.

I hear you, but that comment was not really for you. I quality build takes time, and they still have sales on some items, including high end items.

Looking forward to the build, and seeing what your new girl can do. That should be a really sweet barrel. 

I have been thinking about more 5.56, but I really don't need it. Then I was debating with myself, if it is 75-100 bucks more per thousand that a while ago, what is it going to be around election time, $250.00 more per thousand.

It's crazy.

Got a Glock Blue price on a G43, but they sold their June supply already. Guy is trying to talk me into a lightly used (after trigger problem) Sig 365 pro, which has night sights and flat trigger.  I need to go see it. When I went to handle a 365 if felt good in my hand, but they were in the middle of those trigger problems.

If I can pocket carry it also, I may be buying my first SIG...if he still has it. I'd like to see him take 50 bucks off, id it is as lightly used as he says.