Flesh Wound

Convergence of 3D Printing and Metalworking

Bought an ER32 chuck for the new mill. Needed some way to store the collets so they were easy to find and use. Tardah!

IMG_0834.jpg.4e1268bd49d4b08b2604c7b3bf2ce5a4.jpg

Fired up the CAD computer and printed this stand.

• Like 4

that is cool. I have been thinking about an ER32 chuck myself.

11 hours ago, MontanaLon said:

that is cool. I have been thinking about an ER32 chuck myself.

An ER chuck is the way to go if you are using a few different pieces of tooling on a project. The R8 spindle is a good thing but a pain for swapping tooling.

I also ordered an ER25 chuck so I can utilize the metric collets I also use on my lathe.

When you get all lined out and are engaged in a metal working project, please consider posting a video. 

john

8 minutes ago, Retcop said:

When you get all lined out and are engaged in a metal working project, please consider posting a video. 

john

I may consider that if I can post without audio. It would be rated R otherwise.

• Haha 4

Nah, i want the total experience.      :bellylaf:         I did not see that coming...

11 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

I may consider that if I can post without audio. It would be rated R otherwise.

Ain't that the truth!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 8:11 PM, Flesh Wound said:

Bought an ER32 chuck for the new mill. Needed some way to store the collets so they were easy to find and use. Tardah!

IMG_0834.jpg.4e1268bd49d4b08b2604c7b3bf2ce5a4.jpg

Fired up the CAD computer and printed this stand.

:thumb:

FW : Please take a look at this screen shot .

At 1:30 into this video You can see the part ,it''s NOT the part he's fixing .  MY part is the Black plastic portion which attaches too the Window it's self and roll pinned 

into the handle latch . It's the black plastic off the end on his tan latch ,so You can see it's Not very big .  IF  MY repair fails I'll send You the piece ,as My CAD is No longer compatible now I have Win 10 Pro . Now have Turbocad but haven't screwed with it as yet

The part he's replacing is plastic but Mine are Metal and original ?.  You can see it right on the screen shot ,it's Black with a Philips screw attaching the window too the latch handle  right under the  ndr  in Tundra . Mine broke in the apex of the roll pin hole ,so floppy window isn't Good and Winter will be Very Very Bad for it .  Can't locate them !??.  Backside of plastic window latch is a square receiver ( like a socket ) Window button which Phillips screw threads into   is male like a ratchet .

Those complex arcs would be about impossible for me to cut on a manual machine.

3 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

Those complex arcs would be about impossible for me to cut on a manual machine.

I was considering having them printed it , Weren't You ?

Dunno why I had not considered printing. I guess seeing that aluminum part... Me Derp.

Can you send me a part or a really close tracing? Might be the excuse I need to learn how to print with Nylon.

1 hour ago, Flesh Wound said:

Dunno why I had not considered printing. I guess seeing that aluminum part... Me Derp.

Can you send me a part or a really close tracing? Might be the excuse I need to learn how to print with Nylon.

Absolutely will send part . Remember it's the Black portion which adheres too the Window glass  NOT metal  . You can see it clearly  in the video photo above right under

the ndr  in the head line  Tundra  ; It's Black with the Phillips screw head going through it and into the glass .

Actually .55 seconds into the video  you can see when he pops the window open ,it's holding the latch on the window .  I only wish it were those aluminum metal pieces YOU can Buy those !. The window latch tab is what I CAN'T find !.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flesh Wound said:

I found this photo  of thee complete latch  this allows YOU to see Both sides of that Black plastic tab ,which is held on by a roll pin . See how the back side has the socket receiver or square recess  ?. The other portion which is the window button has a square ratchet end which is internally threaded  for the Phillips too adhere too .

FW/ I'm inquiring into these units pictured ,so HOLD ON until I get a response and I'll let YOU know .

61rv3hcAQQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by BushXM15

Very cool.

And another gadget has been made. This time a holder for the R8 collet mounted tool holding. 

IMG_0859.thumb.jpg.1e8fc8912eb6e72c84a6d443d7fd1a05.jpg

• Like 1