Dino11

6mm ARC

This build has finally come to fruition, I heard about these about 10 months ago and was going to build a Grendel. But after doing some research I held off on the gredel build and waited for the 6 Arc to release. I glad I did wait, this rifle shoots nothing short of spectacular. Ammo is hard to get right now but I have 440 rounds and enough components to reload another 2500. I had already accumulated many of the parts to do the build before the release, just needed the barrel, gas block and tube, muzzle device, and hand guard. I stuffed the lower that I CNC machined from Colts CAD program with a CMMG lower parts kit and a Larue MBT2S trigger, KAC receiver extension, Luth AR stock. Then Ordered an Odin Works 18" barrel, Atlas muzzle comp, their matched bolt, and their adj gas block and +2 rifle length gas tube. The barrel is rifle +2 length. Then topped it off with a Vortex Viper HSTII 6X24 scope.Recoil is so mild with this I can see the hit looking through the scope and it is shooting sub MOA with ease using factory match ammo. Really like this thing. Using my spent brass I can reload for about .35 a round, so it is very affordable to shoot and has ballistics similar to a 308 and is still supersonic at 1400 yards.

For some reason I could not add the URL for the pictures so I added the links

http://2DmJmUI.jpg

http://bJJ2FOL.jpg

http://ea3XAgu.jpg

http://KC11FB5.jpg

Edited by Dino11
add links

Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see your chronograph numbers on that puppy!!

Greg

PS:

:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

So our 6x6.8’s are already obsolete?  How nice.... I can’t win....

19 minutes ago, ewallover said:

So our 6x6.8’s are already obsolete?  How nice.... I can’t win....

No Ted. The 6X6.8 loaded with a 90 killed an antelope at 562 yards. The ARC will not hit the speeds of a 6X6.8. Cubic inches and horsepower win races not fancy paint and chrome.  The 6MM in the capacity of these shine with 95 grains or less. Once you exceed that the loss of velocity is a major factor.

The ARC follows along all the latest releases. Heavy high BC bullets pushed out of a 24" tube focusing only on supersonic down range distance. Most guys will never drop the hammer past 500 no matter what they shoot at.

The ARC is midway between the 6 PPC and the 243 LBC. The LBC is bigger and faster and it can shoot 105's at mag length if you choose right. A 15 minute application of cutting tool will even let you load longer and if you have the right lower you can load ridiculously long.

In summation saying the ARC obsoletes the 6X6.8 is like saying a 308 obsoletes a 30-06. 

Greg

Good to know!  I’m still planning on that antelope hunt next year with my 6x6.8 with Mike in Wyoming, if he doesn’t kill me first in the Big Horns this fall hunting with his older brother and me...Lol!

I sure as hell know I’m not capable of ethically thanking a shot like that, and I never would.

Part of the internal ballistics argument also favors the 6.8 case because it can run at higher pressures and that gives you velocity.

Given a proven accurate rifle, a good hunting bullet, accurate range finding and some calm nerves I could talk you in to that shot after a couple days on your belly and several class room sessions.  I've done it time and time again with kids that I bet didn't have half your skill set. I had two guys from Puerto Rico with new 700 PSS guns banging 8" plates at 500 yards consistently in less than three days. They were a fun pair.....lol

It's all centered on basic rifle work and learning under non-threatening and fun circumstances.

Greg

• Like 1

I sure as hell know I’m not capable of ethically thanking a shot like that, and I never would.

17 minutes ago, ewallover said:

I need to get to sunny Arizona!  

You would have loved the three week course in Camp Blanding and the training cadre from FLETC that used me as a resource person. Great ranges, great guys and all the Federal Gold Medal Match 308 you could pull the trigger on.

Greg