Im going to start building me a 10x16 building this week about 3/4s of the wood is free wish me luck

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thats a good sized building.  Hope it goes well.  I would love to build something similar at my place, but I just dont have enough flat ground (live on a mountainside) to put one.  How did you score all the free wood?  Thats a super bonus!

Too damn hot for all the hammer nailin' and saw work mang.

Thats a good sized building.  Hope it goes well.  I would love to build something similar at my place, but I just dont have enough flat ground (live on a mountainside) to put one.  How did you score all the free wood?  Thats a super bonus!
Friend of mine from my old military unit

Too damn hot for all the hammer nailin' and saw work mang.
Im using screws. Doing work in morning and afternoons

Father in law gave me enough wire to wire the entire building

That will be a nice shed. 

Reminds me of a friend that built a 30x40 shop on his ranch and wanted it wired for lights and outlets and did not want to pay big money for an electrician. I offered to wire it for him if he left me alone and did not come around until I was done. I wired the whole building in a day into five circuits, four for the wall outlets and one for the lights. The Romex was laid perfectly flat and perfectly in line. No wires crossed over any other wire and they stayed flat all the way to their termination points. I was feeling extra OCD that day and even spaced my staples out the same length. My friend called me that night and asked if the inspector could look at it in the morning...I told him to go for it. I showed up just after the inspection and the inspector wanted a word with me....seems he had never seen anyone wire a building the way I did it. Seems he spent a lot of time in the rafters following my wires as he could not believe they were all flat and made corners perfectly.  My buddy asked where all the scrap wire was as he did not see any laying around...that is when I told him there was no waste as I ran each wire one at a time so there was no scraps. I don't think I have wired anything that nice since......I was just in a mood to make it perfect that day.

• Like 2

That will be a nice shed. 

Reminds me of a friend that built a 30x40 shop on his ranch and wanted it wired for lights and outlets and did not want to pay big money for an electrician. I offered to wire it for him if he left me alone and did not come around until I was done. I wired the whole building in a day into five circuits, four for the wall outlets and one for the lights. The Romex was laid perfectly flat and perfectly in line. No wires crossed over any other wire and they stayed flat all the way to their termination points. I was feeling extra OCD that day and even spaced my staples out the same length. My friend called me that night and asked if the inspector could look at it in the morning...I told him to go for it. I showed up just after the inspection and the inspector wanted a word with me....seems he had never seen anyone wire a building the way I did it. Seems he spent a lot of time in the rafters following my wires as he could not believe they were all flat and made corners perfectly.  My buddy asked where all the scrap wire was as he did not see any laying around...that is when I told him there was no waste as I ran each wire one at a time so there was no scraps. I don't think I have wired anything that nice since......I was just in a mood to make it perfect that day.
My dad is going to help me wire the building

• Like 1

It ain’t big enough. That is what a friend told me. Why you say that? Because you planned it and regardless of what you think now, you will need more sq feet. So I thought on it and added 5 ft to one end of the 40x40 building, he was right, that 5’ added 200sq ft. Which we needed 2 years ago come Oct., to put half of my daughter’s house in, stacked and packed.

It ain’t big enough. That is what a friend told me. Why you say that? Because you planned it and regardless of what you think now, you will need more sq feet. So I thought on it and added 5 ft to one end of the 40x40 building, he was right, that 5’ added 200sq ft. Which we needed 2 years ago come Oct., to put half of my daughter’s house in, stacked and packed.
I want a bigger one but rent the lot that my mobil home is on so a bigger one is out of the question

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk