Sign in to follow this  
BushXM15

Toyota Hilux Rear Quarter Window Latch Tabs ; FW

OK : FW :  I'm still waiting on that  complete Japanese latch ,sometime this month ?.  However I had some modeling clay and always have materials ,so I made a rude casting .

I didn't feel like forking out more cash for silicone casting resin ,so it is what it is . Also didn't have Black pigment , have near every other color but black so used ultra blue .

Happy to report the one I actually used on the latch is installed back on the Truck and it's " WORKING " . This original plastic appears to be either ABS or My guess Celcon Acetal  .

The part is now Clearly shown here for YOU to determine ,if YOU want to print them ?. Now You know what plastic was used ,something UV stable and rigid is preferable . NO poly !.

Left is Right same part  so that's a Huge plus and their fairly small 1.375" length .375" average thickness and .750" width . YOU will have the ORIGINAL  for Your determination and measurement which I'm sure is metric but I don't see that as critical . Hell I sloppy cast mine in modeling clay and it WORKS ,so what's a mm here or there eh :segrin:

I was able to determine  the pressure is on the small dia. hole ,where the roll pin holds it onto the latch body , as this Lever CAMS OVER thus pulling on that pin .

I DON'T know what kind if any market there may be for them ?.  I can tell You there are ONLY #5 complete NEW latches left in the World  and that silly little plastic tab Breaks and thus renders perfectly Good latches  USELESS :ohmy:

Photo's worth more than words say Charlie Chan :thumb:

uFVwFip.jpg

hoqMZq4.jpg

4gTUw5t.jpg

pXzjPR0.jpg

4iyZkuI.jpg

NgIWWne.jpg

ekQGMBX.jpg

FW : Note back side which attaches too the window glass it's self has that .375" square socket  .140" depth , that's where the  outer Button  which has a counter male  square shoulder passes through hole in glass and is internally threaded  for the  6mm phillips screw which Holds the Plastic tab too the Quarter window . Just so YOU know .  Front of tab is Standard 60 Deg counter sink for phillips  round head pan screw

As with anything like this. I either need a drawing or send me a working part to duplicate in CAD.

17 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

As with anything like this. I either need a drawing or send me a working part to duplicate in CAD.

PM Me so I can send YOU  the original part .  Because I'm UNABLE to PM You .

Will do. No idea why you cannot PM...

Is that a roll pin going through the part where it links to the main latch body? Does the part float on the body or that part it's self? What diameter is the pin?

24 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

Is that a roll pin going through the part where it links to the main latch body? Does the part float on the body or that part it's self? What diameter is the pin?

Yes didn't You read the Note I sent ? Measurements were on it .  I'm certain the pin is metric  I used an 11/64" ( .172 ) drill bit so the pin wasn't real tight . I didn't want to break out the hole by forcing that pin . Latch body actually captures the pin ,plastic part MUST swivel on the pin ,in order for the Cam action and Quarter window flexibility of position alignment .  

• Like 1

Here's what I came up with in CAD. Going to print a test part to compare.

Ken's Clamp v1.jpg

Ken's Clamp.jpg

EXCELLENT FW !!!!!!!.  :thumb: