md65636

Red/Green dot recommendation

Looking for recommendations for topping off my 300 Blackout. I have a 16in barrel that will be supressed. I was planning on putting a Sig Sauer Romeo5 xdr predator. I like the green dot with a circle because my eyes pick it up easier. My next option would be something in the Vortex verity. PSA currently has the Vortex Strikefire II red/green for $149. I'm not against a red dot if it is easily picked up in the bright sun. It will be my new go to rifle, any recommendations?

I put the Strikefire II on my 300..only had it out to 100 yards, but I like it so far..

You might take a look at the Holosun 510C-GR. I just ordered one for my AR. The specs and reviews are all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I have a Holosun 508 mounted on my 1911. 32 MOA green circle of death is great! I also like the fact it is hogged out of a solid chunk of titanium. Hood, base, everything. Shake awake and sleep function plus 3 reticles. A dot, a circle or a circle and dot. Looking for another one now for my Dolos AR.

• Like 1

I ended up ordering the Vortex early this morning. I probably should have waited on some more recommendations,  but I didn't have long to wait. I guess I will take the money saved and put it towards the six keymo breaks that I will eventually need.

The Holosun 510 green dot / reticle is a quality piece. Had mine zeroed within 10 rounds out of the box. I love that it comes on as soon as you breath on your rifle then auto off

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ll be off to the range next week to zero mine. Hope it goes as smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Strikefire II and really like it.  For your application, I would think it would be ideal.  I assume you won't be shooting much past 100 yards anyway?  
I've got a Spitfire 3X on one of my guns and really like it but I wanted the magnification mainly for shooting out past 100 yards. 

I don't think you'll be disappointed in your choice.  Let us know how you like it.