towtruck

My gawd, people are ignorant.

I have an item for sale on the internet. I have an email and text reply available. First text I get asks me this......"Is the for sale still for sale?"

I did not reply to that one.

Next I get another person interested and they text this only......."Will the DMV let you keep the plate? "    

I did not rely to that one.

I then get an email asking if there are any issues with the item and what my bottom dollar is. I replied please read the add, all your answers are there.

It took a couple days and they emailed back they want to come look at it and wanted to know where I live. I told him I am near a certain store and that he could let me know a time and I will meet him there......still waiting for a reply from him.

I get a call after noon from a local guy, wants to come see it and asks I call him. I call and he asks where I am and I give him a general area. He then asks if it is a certain make...I said "no, the add says it's an XXX" The guy then starts taking about the other brand of item and asks again if it is one of those.

Good frikken gawd!  What is wrong with people :doh:  no wonder we are going down the drain as a society. 

• Like 1

I guess the next one would be would you bring it half way across the country so they could look at it.

Greg

If you just remember that 50% of the population are total idiots, it makes life a lot easier.

Matt

1 hour ago, towtruck said:

I have an item for sale on the internet. I have an email and text reply available. First text I get asks me this......"Is the for sale still for sale?"

I did not reply to that one.

Next I get another person interested and they text this only......."Will the DMV let you keep the plate? "    

I did not rely to that one.

I then get an email asking if there are any issues with the item and what my bottom dollar is. I replied please read the add, all your answers are there.

It took a couple days and they emailed back they want to come look at it and wanted to know where I live. I told him I am near a certain store and that he could let me know a time and I will meet him there......still waiting for a reply from him.

I get a call after noon from a local guy, wants to come see it and asks I call him. I call and he asks where I am and I give him a general area. He then asks if it is a certain make...I said "no, the add says it's an XXX" The guy then starts taking about the other brand of item and asks again if it is one of those.

Good frikken gawd!  What is wrong with people :doh:  no wonder we are going down the drain as a society. 

Did You place the ad in the diminished democrap weekly :tap: It has to be something wanted by persons with a d as a prefix :ROFLLMAO:

Well, he *is* in California....

Gawd I hate selling anything these days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

Well, he *is* in California....

Gawd I hate selling anything these days.

As always I get two items sold fast and then the wheels falls off the bus...........happens every time. 

I have hauled two loads of garbage and unused stuff to the dump and have lots more to go. I cannot toss out good stuff but anything of little value that I'm not using is getting tossed. I'm not doing a yard sale only to have to toss it all afterwards anyway. I am on a quest to clean up my place and get rid of everything un-needed. I don't plan on moving anytime soon but something deep inside me tells me I need to get down to basics and clean up my place. Maybe it's getting older and more broken by the day..I don't know but what I do know is I'm cleaning things up. I spent all day today cleaning up a corner of my property that has been a catch all for little scraps and things........all stuff that is rotten and no good now. Tossed it all. I have a load of scrap metal going soon and I have to pay to get rid of some old tires and appliances. I'm done gathering stuff i may use someday and just want everything gone......I have a long way to go but if I can get my shop and one shed cleaned and purged I will feel so much better about my standing.....like I said, something is telling me to clean things up and get rid of everything......my gut is never wrong. 

• Like 1

I always list year make and model and condition and FIRM on price . If someone calls or messages and asks stupid questions I very politly tell them they must have the wrong number because my ad has all that information .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, towtruck said:

As always I get two items sold fast and then the wheels falls off the bus...........happens every time. 

I have hauled two loads of garbage and unused stuff to the dump and have lots more to go. I cannot toss out good stuff but anything of little value that I'm not using is getting tossed. I'm not doing a yard sale only to have to toss it all afterwards anyway. I am on a quest to clean up my place and get rid of everything un-needed. I don't plan on moving anytime soon but something deep inside me tells me I need to get down to basics and clean up my place. Maybe it's getting older and more broken by the day..I don't know but what I do know is I'm cleaning things up. I spent all day today cleaning up a corner of my property that has been a catch all for little scraps and things........all stuff that is rotten and no good now. Tossed it all. I have a load of scrap metal going soon and I have to pay to get rid of some old tires and appliances. I'm done gathering stuff i may use someday and just want everything gone......I have a long way to go but if I can get my shop and one shed cleaned and purged I will feel so much better about my standing.....like I said, something is telling me to clean things up and get rid of everything......my gut is never wrong. 

YOU are looking at RETIRING and MOVING out of KOMMYFORNIA  :segrin:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BushXM15 said:

YOU are looking at RETIRING and MOVING out of KOMMYFORNIA  :segrin:

I don't know what is on the horizon but I have some choices coming up. I am 9 months away from the date I can retire....I'll have to keep working somewhere though. I just know I need to get my stuff under control. 

Funny though, the wife is always looking at property. She has been joking around about moving to Merrill, Or. It's a little tiny farming community near Klamath Falls...Nothing out there. The idea is starting to appeal to me as it's close to my property and near where I grew up. I reality I don't think I can get the wife that far away from her doctors and other things she enjoys. What shocks me is home prices in that area....the whole Klamath Falls area, is really high compared to what my place here is appraised for. I'm on 2.3 acres here and a house in town on a tiny lot there is more than my place appraises for. I don't get how an out of the way area that has never been a hot spot can beat our home prices. 

I keep looking around that area to the west and east and there are some great areas that I could live......but dang, I'm  not looking to fire up another mortgage after having this one paid off for 15 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HAZMAT said:

If you just remember that 50% of the population are total idiots, it makes life a lot easier.

Matt

Kind of explains those who vote for the Donk Party, doesn't it?

• Like 2

McByJYq.png

• Like 3

On a unrelated topic of home prices there are fools there as well...........one of the places I was looking at kinda appealed to me and I found a list of the last sale prices over the years and now I know people are crazy and foolish......the house sold for $55k in 1995, then sold for $155k in 2017........and now they want 338k...........absolutely insane that they think their home is worth triple in just three years time....and no, there has been no major work done to the place.   

Are people really stupid enough to pay that much for a place just because they have the money? 

9 minutes ago, towtruck said:

On a unrelated topic of home prices there are fools there as well...........one of the places I was looking at kinda appealed to me and I found a list of the last sale prices over the years and now I know people are crazy and foolish......the house sold for $55k in 1995, then sold for $155k in 2017........and now they want 338k...........absolutely insane that they think their home is worth triple in just three years time....and no, there has been no major work done to the place.   

Are people really stupid enough to pay that much for a place just because they have the money? 

Have you seen what they're willing to pay for firearms & ammo now compared to just a few months ago?

• Like 1

Yes, your title says all.  Lot's of stupid people out there.  I don't know how some of them get by.

9 hours ago, towtruck said:

Yes they will. The people getting out of SF /LA etc will pay th3 price and have the money. I have seen it here in TX. It is still cheaper than where they were!

• Like 1