towtruck

My gawd, people are ignorant.

I'm interested. Just cut the price, deliver it to my house and bring cake. :segrin:

Terry

On a unrelated topic of home prices there are fools there as well...........one of the places I was looking at kinda appealed to me and I found a list of the last sale prices over the years and now I know people are crazy and foolish......the house sold for $55k in 1995, then sold for $155k in 2017........and now they want 338k...........absolutely insane that they think their home is worth triple in just three years time....and no, there has been no major work done to the place.   

Are people really stupid enough to pay that much for a place just because they have the money? 
We see it all the time around here . Woods and farm Land in the Ozarks typically ran 1,000 -1,500 an acre depending on how rocky and steep while river front is up to 5,000 an acre . Lately it's hard to find smaller than 80 acres with a plain house for less than 10,000 an acre . People from california are moving in and paying high prices and now everyone has priced their places at triple or more regular price .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

On a unrelated topic of home prices there are fools there as well...........one of the places I was looking at kinda appealed to me and I found a list of the last sale prices over the years and now I know people are crazy and foolish......the house sold for $55k in 1995, then sold for $155k in 2017........and now they want 338k...........absolutely insane that they think their home is worth triple in just three years time....and no, there has been no major work done to the place.   

Are people really stupid enough to pay that much for a place just because they have the money? 
We see it all the time around here . Woods and farm Land in the Ozarks typically ran 1,000 -1,500 an acre depending on how rocky and steep while river front is up to 5,000 an acre . Lately it's hard to find smaller than 80 acres with a plain house for less than 10,000 an acre . People from california are moving in and paying high prices and now everyone has priced their places at triple or more regular price .

15 hours ago, towtruck said:

As always I get two items sold fast and then the wheels falls off the bus...........happens every time. 

I have hauled two loads of garbage and unused stuff to the dump and have lots more to go. I cannot toss out good stuff but anything of little value that I'm not using is getting tossed. I'm not doing a yard sale only to have to toss it all afterwards anyway. I am on a quest to clean up my place and get rid of everything un-needed. I don't plan on moving anytime soon but something deep inside me tells me I need to get down to basics and clean up my place. Maybe it's getting older and more broken by the day..I don't know but what I do know is I'm cleaning things up. I spent all day today cleaning up a corner of my property that has been a catch all for little scraps and things........all stuff that is rotten and no good now. Tossed it all. I have a load of scrap metal going soon and I have to pay to get rid of some old tires and appliances. I'm done gathering stuff i may use someday and just want everything gone......I have a long way to go but if I can get my shop and one shed cleaned and purged I will feel so much better about my standing.....like I said, something is telling me to clean things up and get rid of everything......my gut is never wrong. 

That "nesting behavior" usually means you are with child. 

19 hours ago, towtruck said:

I'm not certain stupidity and home buying are synonymous or the ridiculous prices some are asking .  Asking is one thing receiving is an all together Different animal  !.

Consider the shear numbers involved ,with democrap States and people LEAVING them !. They've got too go somewhere . :ohmy: 

I've considered a few things after moving here , one IF the price isn't acceptable , BUILD or have it Built **.  Meaning our area radius 125 miles has a housing shortage  ,according to realtors association . Because of FBI building their monster facility  in Pocatello and the NSA Storage facility outside Bluffdale ,UT. , has brought high tech into the PNW farm belt !. Home buyers  are loony for buying old decrepit 30's -60's postage stamp lots with inadequate older homes within City limits . IMO anyway . 

The folks who are selling are moving out into suburbia , New subdivisions and custom homes are springing up at an alarming rate !.

You and I along with others have seen this not long ago , they most certainly had better be Trump supporters  ; as their Mortgages and homes will be in SERIOUS jeopardy

if the unthinkable happens !.    I DON'T want to go into details but see a subprime market EXPLOSION ,vaporizing capitalism  and economic chaos ensuing  there after !!.

I spoke with My broker ,  which is still in Southern CA. and he told Me , about 100's of  FRIGHTENING  standing orders , should the election go blue :ack:.

I'm shifting ALL  assets in Mid October ,as a precautionary measure . I have every confidence Trump WILL WIN  !. What I'm fearful of is HOW the democraps cheat and the potential for mail fraud is HUGE !!!!!!!!!!. THAT'S MY FEAR  and should be everyone Else's fear or concern as well  . Just knowing what those assholes did and tried doing in the last election ,should be self evident of their treasonous behavior !!!.  Regardless of outcome  there will be NO peaceful resolution !. :bignono:

** I've contacted a few builders up here and prices for construction of Homes ,is very feasible  provided property can be had at a reasonable price .

There are still places which are reasonable  but disappearing rapidly  with speculative investors ,as with anywhere building is booming . Thankfully in our case most of it's on the Western side of the State ,around the capital !. An for Now they can stay but if any nonsense starts there's gonna be body bags . That's NOT ME stating that ,there were some pretty strong Red Supporters  ,telling recent CA transplants ; Drop Your shat at the border ,we DON'T cotton too Kommyfornia  political crap !.

So much so it was on the local news ,as well as ID. legislators NOTING it !!. :thumb: 

15 minutes ago, BushXM15 said:

I'm not certain stupidity and home buying are synonymous or the ridiculous prices some are asking .  Asking is one thing receiving is an all together Different animal  !.

Consider the shear numbers involved ,with democrap States and people LEAVING them !. They've got too go somewhere . :ohmy: 

I've considered a few things after moving here , one IF the price isn't acceptable , BUILD or have it Built **.  Meaning our area radius 125 miles has a housing shortage  ,according to realtors association . Because of FBI building their monster facility  in Pocatello and the NSA Storage facility outside Bluffdale ,UT. , has brought high tech into the PNW farm belt !. Home buyers  are loony for buying old decrepit 30's -60's postage stamp lots with inadequate older homes within City limits . IMO anyway . 

The folks who are selling are moving out into suburbia , New subdivisions and custom homes are springing up at an alarming rate !.

You and I along with others have seen this not long ago , they most certainly had better be Trump supporters  ; as their Mortgages and homes will be in SERIOUS jeopardy

if the unthinkable happens !.    I DON'T want to go into details but see a subprime market EXPLOSION ,vaporizing capitalism  and economic chaos ensuing  there after !!.

I spoke with My broker ,  which is still in Southern CA. and he told Me , about 100's of  FRIGHTENING  standing orders , should the election go blue :ack:.

I'm shifting ALL  assets in Mid October ,as a precautionary measure . I have every confidence Trump WILL WIN  !. What I'm fearful of is HOW the democraps cheat and the potential for mail fraud is HUGE !!!!!!!!!!. THAT'S MY FEAR  and should be everyone Else's fear or concern as well  . Just knowing what those assholes did and tried doing in the last election ,should be self evident of their treasonous behavior !!!.  Regardless of outcome  there will be NO peaceful resolution !. :bignono:

** I've contacted a few builders up here and prices for construction of Homes ,is very feasible  provided property can be had at a reasonable price .

There are still places which are reasonable  but disappearing rapidly  with speculative investors ,as with anywhere building is booming . Thankfully in our case most of it's on the Western side of the State ,around the capital !. An for Now they can stay but if any nonsense starts there's gonna be body bags . That's NOT ME stating that ,there were some pretty strong Red Supporters  ,telling recent CA transplants ; Drop Your shat at the border ,we DON'T cotton too Kommyfornia  political crap !.

So much so it was on the local news ,as well as ID. legislators NOTING it !!. :thumb: 

What I am seeing is the houses that are selling are right around the market value of ours.......then there are the homes listed way out of line. There must be enough folks buying in that area that the prices are getting met sometimes. 

My wife's riding partner sold out and moved back to southern Ca. She bought a place for 540k down there and needed to get a good price on her place up here. Trouble was her place up here appraised for 380k and she advertised at 450k. Some fool from L.A. gave her a full price offer. (most homes here are going over list price by 10-40k due to a shortage of homes to buy)  Once it appraised she had to knock money off the selling price in order for the buyer to accept the home. She still got 425k for it as the buyer had enough down to cover the gap.......

I just cannot bring myself to pay more than a house is worth....maybe if I needed to get out and that is all I could find.......I don't panic buy ammo or guns and I sure ain't panic buying a house.  I know several guys that bought land in Idaho and are building. One guy, my Sgt., started out building a mansion and had to scale back as it quickly out priced his wallet. If I were to move that way I would not go big. I have lived in the snow and know what it takes to live in those areas. I would build smart and simple. These people building giant mansions have no clue the money it takes to heat and the upkeep needed. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, towtruck said:

What I am seeing is the houses that are selling are right around the market value of ours.......then there are the homes listed way out of line. There must be enough folks buying in that area that the prices are getting met sometimes. 

My wife's riding partner sold out and moved back to southern Ca. She bought a place for 540k down there and needed to get a good price on her place up here. Trouble was her place up here appraised for 380k and she advertised at 450k. Some fool from L.A. gave her a full price offer. (most homes here are going over list price by 10-40k due to a shortage of homes to buy)  Once it appraised she had to knock money off the selling price in order for the buyer to accept the home. She still got 425k for it as the buyer had enough down to cover the gap.......

I just cannot bring myself to pay more than a house is worth....maybe if I needed to get out and that is all I could find.......I don't panic buy ammo or guns and I sure ain't panic buying a house.  I know several guys that bought land in Idaho and are building. One guy, my Sgt., started out building a mansion and had to scale back as it quickly out priced his wallet. If I were to move that way I would not go big. I have lived in the snow and know what it takes to live in those areas. I would build smart and simple. These people building giant mansions have no clue the money it takes to heat and the upkeep needed. 

I hear You loud and clear  , You know the score . An agreed the Wife and I certainly didn't need #3 full bath #4 bedroom two story 3500 sq. ft. ,along with that 1760 sq. ft. deck .  Yet come to find out  we actually bought a smaller home and DIDN'T know it . Meaning when we were looking  I was looking for LOCATION  , Dr.'s ,hospital ,stores convenience  and a place with a detached garage or Shop . The majority of homes around here are for Mormons  #4- 7 bathroom  5- 7 Bed . 4500 Sq. ft. +  :ack:

I didn't get the shop or detached garage , however our garage is 1500 sq. ft. fully insulated and drywall finished .  Still working on getting a shop !.

IF I can't get a contractor in 2021 to build what I really want  , I'll get the foundation down and contract with a Steel structure outfit  have it erected .

Then after wiring , I'll have spray foam insulation done and be DONE with it . These clowns around here expect an open ticket NO bidding ,which ISN'T ever going to happen with ME !!.  Having been a general contractor  I know when somebody's giving ME the business and still know what prices should be !. These yahoos have pick of projects but it won't always be , so I'm looking for a local guy I can DEPEND ON to DO THE JOB and he'll get paid ,so he can be on his way !.  With the exception of a couple of contractors  who's work I've seen , I wouldn't let these asshats build a dog house for ME.  We just finished REBUILDING our entire Deck  that a " Reputable Contractor " had built :ROFLLMAO::hysterical3: . Seems he and his crew neglected to FASTEN or Build to any  known standard though  .  I put #850 3 " screws into #20 year old JOIST ,because they neglected to NAIL ANYTHING !!!. Oh they used hangers but speed hung them with #2 nails :tap:. I've looked around at some of the work ?? , some of these IDIOTS do and it SCARES ME !. When I pull out MY plan which is SUPER SIMPLE and show one of them what I want , they immediately tell ME ; well we build them this way with trusses 10 ft. on centers and purl-ins between them . I reply Yes I know but I DON'T want that type construction . I want 2x6 wall 24" on center with trusses over every stud ,because it's gonna be fully insulated  ,along with  OSB shear siding  inside and out  and then overlaid with Metal siding and roofing . They can't or won't accept the reasoning of why I WANT IT DONE THAT WAY  , is the only thing I can figure . :tap: No earthly reason it can't be done ,it's far stronger less hassle  superior insulation ,as the underside of the trusses will get OSB screwed onto them , with # 6  attic access ports cut into them for spraying R 50 ceiling insulation  in .

They couldn't even understand WHY I wanted a center support wall  with a 40 ft. span . Because the truss cords will have additional WEIGHT with OSB and INSULATION and I DON'T want to have to pay for  2x12 Trusses and You don't want to have to move them at 42 ft. length with a  5/12 pitch :segrin: . I didn't bother pointing out  the Floor Pit Bay to him ,he might have become confused :hysterical3:

YOU and I are on the same wave length  I don't panic , I simply bide time and accumulate more money , then when timing is correct JUMP on an opportunity :thumb:

57 minutes ago, BushXM15 said:

I hear You loud and clear  , You know the score . An agreed the Wife and I certainly didn't need #3 full bath #4 bedroom two story 3500 sq. ft. ,along with that 1760 sq. ft. deck .  Yet come to find out  we actually bought a smaller home and DIDN'T know it . Meaning when we were looking  I was looking for LOCATION  , Dr.'s ,hospital ,stores convenience  and a place with a detached garage or Shop . The majority of homes around here are for Mormons  #4- 7 bathroom  5- 7 Bed . 4500 Sq. ft. +  :ack:

I didn't get the shop or detached garage , however our garage is 1500 sq. ft. fully insulated and drywall finished .  Still working on getting a shop !.

IF I can't get a contractor in 2021 to build what I really want  , I'll get the foundation down and contract with a Steel structure outfit  have it erected .

Then after wiring , I'll have spray foam insulation done and be DONE with it . These clowns around here expect an open ticket NO bidding ,which ISN'T ever going to happen with ME !!.  Having been a general contractor  I know when somebody's giving ME the business and still know what prices should be !. These yahoos have pick of projects but it won't always be , so I'm looking for a local guy I can DEPEND ON to DO THE JOB and he'll get paid ,so he can be on his way !.  With the exception of a couple of contractors  who's work I've seen , I wouldn't let these asshats build a dog house for ME.  We just finished REBUILDING our entire Deck  that a " Reputable Contractor " had built :ROFLLMAO::hysterical3: . Seems he and his crew neglected to FASTEN or Build to any  known standard though  .  I put #850 3 " screws into #20 year old JOIST ,because they neglected to NAIL ANYTHING !!!. Oh they used hangers but speed hung them with #2 nails :tap:. I've looked around at some of the work ?? , some of these IDIOTS do and it SCARES ME !. When I pull out MY plan which is SUPER SIMPLE and show one of them what I want , they immediately tell ME ; well we build them this way with trusses 10 ft. on centers and purl-ins between them . I reply Yes I know but I DON'T want that type construction . I want 2x6 wall 24" on center with trusses over every stud ,because it's gonna be fully insulated  ,along with  OSB shear siding  inside and out  and then overlaid with Metal siding and roofing . They can't or won't accept the reasoning of why I WANT IT DONE THAT WAY  , is the only thing I can figure . :tap: No earthly reason it can't be done ,it's far stronger less hassle  superior insulation ,as the underside of the trusses will get OSB screwed onto them , with # 6  attic access ports cut into them for spraying R 50 ceiling insulation  in .

They couldn't even understand WHY I wanted a center support wall  with a 40 ft. span . Because the truss cords will have additional WEIGHT with OSB and INSULATION and I DON'T want to have to pay for  2x12 Trusses and You don't want to have to move them at 42 ft. length with a  5/12 pitch :segrin: . I didn't bother pointing out  the Floor Pit Bay to him ,he might have become confused :hysterical3:

YOU and I are on the same wave length  I don't panic , I simply bide time and accumulate more money , then when timing is correct JUMP on an opportunity :thumb:

Sounds like the builders in your area are barn builders....I used to build pole barns and you can get the whole job done with a chainsaw.......you want all that fancy city building :bellylaf:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BushXM15 said:

After watching them cover the best farmland in the world with concrete for decades to accommodate people fleeing the large cities here in Illinois, I absolutely hate the wealthy Socialists who are fleeing the hell-holes they produced.

It would be a completely different matter if they had some kind of ephiany along with loading all their toys on  a moving van, but the problem is they bring their socialist ideals with them. Just like any vermin moving into a clean environment,  where they move to will soon be as diease ridden and filthy as where they fled to. Like the gentleman who emigrated here from Cuba as Castro came to power, he made the powerful point that if we allow america fall to the Marxists, there is no place left to go. 

Anyone who doubts the seriousness and the insanity of allowing this One Party Rule of Socialists in America, and not fighting this scum to our last breath is our only choice, must be considered an enemy. It's the old good men standing by while evil triumphs thing. That is exactly what it seems we are doing in 2020.  Conservative Republicans are MIA, and have been for decades. We seem to accept every "new normal" that comes down the pike. Now that the vermin have crapped where they eat in the cities of stone and glass, we shrug and have no answers as they turn Red States Blue.  Vermin need to be made to feel unwelcome at the least, exterminated at best. IT appears that many Americans are comfortable with there being one man against the rest of the government machine. He will save our Constitution, our way of life and maintain the Rule of law single handedly. 

Saving this Republic should not and can not be built on a Cult of Personality.  To believe that one man, even with the power that comes with the American Presidency is going to save our Republic by himself is wishful thinking at best, and psychotic at worst. If you believe President Trump alone can save the Republic, I assure you that you are having a break with reality. 

I wish President Trump Godspeed and pray for his continued strength, wisdom, and good health. But the sad reality is he can't do this by himself. He can't do it with a Socialist Republican Congress. He can't do it with thousands of government workers who are literally card-carrying members of a Socialist group whose mission statement is to eliminate the Constitution. 

Real investigative journalists work hard to bring us this information and we do nothing with it. The Senate Majority Leader warns all of the Republican Congress not to support President Trump because it might hurt their own re-election chances. 

WTF ? !    I have to wonder just what it is going to take to get people to believe that The Tree of Liberty is in such terrible shape that only drastic change will allow it to spring back to life ?  The only reason the action must be so drastic is because we just watched as those elected severed our Constitutional roots, and over and over again we elected people who allowed the tree to wither and weaken with insects and disease.  Trump is a good man who loves America. If we believe that simply giving him 4 more years will save this Republic from becoming a Marxist State, we are sadly mistaken. 

The attitude and action we must embrace in combination with re-electing President Trump can be summed up with the modern battle cry the world heard when real American Patriots on an airplane taken over by terrorists would rather lose their lives in a Pennsylvania field that let another damn terrorist kill thousands in New York or Washington D.C.   "Let' roll ! !" 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 6:46 AM, sw9mm said:

Yes they will. The people getting out of SF /LA etc will pay th3 price and have the money. I have seen it here in TX. It is still cheaper than where they were!

Unfortunately they bring the very mentality which their running from :cussing:

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, HAZMAT said:

If you just remember that 50% of the population are total idiots, it makes life a lot easier.

Matt

50%? That's being generous. I think it's more like 75%

Tdzgrs9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

lol

Tdzgrs9.jpg
I think you look better without the beard , glad you shaved it off .

• Haha 1