AR15Armory.com

Calif Bans New Gas and Diesel Vehicle’s

Rampy

I heard that on radio news today. Kalifornicate pretty much regulated me out of any desire to haul produce from there 20 years ago with their air resources board. With all due respect to our California members, the state is getting more "special" by the day. 

• Like 1

California believes that it is such a large market that it can change the entire automotive market.

It has done so in the past.

The industry is already moving very strongly toward electric vehicles.

The best of them get about 250 miles in range on a good day without high speed, AC, or a lot of hills.

Between safety nannies, and electric cars I am very concerned about the motor vehicle as good long range transportation. 

Until they can get the range to 500 or 600 miles real world range the things are useless for all but city dwellers to use as commuter cars, or to run errands. 

NO GOVERNMENT should have this kind of control over the production of a legal product. 

This is something the Chinese or the Soviets would do. 

Simply not possible. The technology won't be there in 15 years, farmers need pickups, rural areas don't have the infrastructure for electric vehicles nor does technology have a vehicle that would work in the rural, cold areas of the state. There are also millions of smaller trucks (26,000 GVW and under) that transport goods all over the state and there is no replacement for those yet........it's a pipe dream that will get forgotten about and buried  before it gets off the ground. Add up all the technological hurdles with the fact that you will not be able to force someone to buy a vehicle twice the cost of what they can afford. And they will have to carve out a hole for police cars and fire equipment as they won't be electric any time soon. These short sided city f*cks have no clue what it takes to keep this state rolling.....it's all just mindless dribble from idiots.

Oh, we don't have enough electricity to keep the f*cken lights on now how the hell are they going to add in all the juice needed for cars.....just asinine.......can you tell it piss's me off a tad that they are wasting time with this sh*t!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, towtruck said:

Simply not possible. The technology won't be there in 15 years, farmers need pickups, rural areas don't have the infrastructure for electric vehicles nor does technology have a vehicle that would work in the rural, cold areas of the state. There are also millions of smaller trucks (26,000 GVW and under) that transport goods all over the state and there is no replacement for those yet........it's a pipe dream that will get forgotten about and buried  before it gets off the ground. Add up all the technological hurdles with the fact that you will not be able to force someone to buy a vehicle twice the cost of what they can afford. And they will have to carve out a hole for police cars and fire equipment as they won't be electric any time soon. These short sided city f*cks have no clue what it takes to keep this state rolling.....it's all just mindless dribble from idiots.

Oh, we don't have enough electricity to keep the f*cken lights on now how the hell are they going to add in all the juice needed for cars.....just asinine.......can you tell it piss's me off a tad that they are wasting time with this sh*t!!!!!!!! 

My 1st thought was where are they getting the electricity from to keep em charged.....

Personally, I’m so sick and tired of these idiots spouting off with such garbage....I’d love to see em try it and not get bailed out by the feds......implement all the wacko ideas and then watch it burn......

Their thought pattern is something like this: "You don't have to kill animals to eat, just go to the grocery store and buy your meat!". So in a similar fashion "you just plug your car into the outlet in your home to charge it - duh, you won't need gas!"

They will never figure it out!

1 hour ago, Rampy said:

China 🇨🇳 

However there's NO support grid to supply suffeient electrical  power , to all the homes which would require extra Amperage for charging electric everything .  Old homes had 100 amp panels and modern 200 amp but electric cars plus households appliances require plus amperage and power companies only have so much line capacity capability at present for residential feed !

So in a nutshell Kommy residence are screwed as usual .

In laymen's terms that block of #500 track homes only gets #200 with plug in chargers and others are SOL !.

Think about this......gas stations can handle maybe 12 cars at a time and can fill up around 100=200 cars an hour or so of needed.....if it takes 45 min to charge your buzz car where are you going to park 75-100 cars all at once? The shear space alone is not there. Now I understand people would charge at home but the grid issues are still there.....we are not ready for that many electric cars...period.