AR15Armory.com

New Tactics For Riots......

Rampy

Now when they block off the roads illegally they have chase vehicles set up ready to chase down anybody who drives thru and does not stop.....

They had a black 4x4 flying American flags chase down a Prius last night & then another car that tried to blockade the Prius so they could drag the driver out......

The rioters are getting bolder, attacking cops with base ball bats as well as fire bombing them.......

They have open carrying “security” armed to the teeth & then after dark shots ring out....fireworks and gunshots intermingled so it’s harder to tell what’s what.....

The closer it gets to election time the worse it will be getting......

Any obvious non-police vehicle that manages to stop me will find I'm driving a rolling 3,000 pound gunship once we've bent up a bunch of sheet metal.  I've got to many years dealing with potential post-career threats  to take any chances.  I'm too damn old to fight anymore with my hands.

Greg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

Any obvious non-police vehicle that manages to stop me will find I'm driving a rolling 3,000 pound gunship once we've bent up a bunch of sheet metal.  I've got to many years dealing with potential post-career threats  to take any chances.  I'm too damn old to fight anymore with my hands.

Greg

THIS ^^^

Tifa boy needs to learn that first step is a big one.....loved watching him fall on his face. Prius driver did not exit the area fast enough...should have been a dust cloud behind him after that confrontation. The driver of the truck would have been ventilated by a 357 if I was the driver of that car and anyone hanging on would have went for a ride until they fell off. 

One would hope not to drive into a crowd like that or at least be smart enough to back up once you see it. 

Now, next time I want to see the tifa thugs in handcuffs not the victim...... 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GLShooter said:

Greg

So very true.......

We are avoiding places that have had riots/protests as much as possible, don’t need to travel or possible stumble across trouble & backed into a corner.....

This weekend it sounds long things might get really spicy.....but hey, my exciting Friday night is watching TV & then staying home as much as possible this weekend....

Oh the joys of old age :laugh:

2 hours ago, specops56 said:

Been seriously considering carrying my new 556 pistol build in my truck after I ring it out.

Terry

I started bringing my truck gun with me a month ago. Decided more firepower was needed considering the mobs out there.

The worst part is that when the police caught up with the Prius, they did a felony stop on the driver who was trying to escape a bad situation.

Had it been me, as soon as the black truck cut me off and we came to s top they would have been catching 124 grain JHPs through the windshield.

2 hours ago, redbarron06 said:

The worst part is that when the police caught up with the Prius, they did a felony stop on the driver who was trying to escape a bad situation.

Had it been me, as soon as the black truck cut me off and we came to s top they would have been catching 124 grain JHPs through the windshield.

From what I understand, the cops let the Prius occupants go & no charges have been filed......yet.....

5 hours ago, Rampy said:

From what I understand, the cops let the Prius occupants go & no charges have been filed......yet.....

I hope so, I had not heard any follow up other than the occupants were pulled out at gunpoint after getting away.  

This is why I run front and rear dash cams in my truck and there is a little button on the rear view mirror that will connect me with 911 and record the audio of the whole thing.  

Notice this always happens in places were folks get arrested for self protection.  They won come down here and do shat like this.  It costs too much to ship the bodies back home for burial.

13 hours ago, towtruck said:

Tifa boy needs to learn that first step is a big one.....loved watching him fall on his face. Prius driver did not exit the area fast enough...should have been a dust cloud behind him after that confrontation. The driver of the truck would have been ventilated by a 357 if I was the driver of that car and anyone hanging on would have went for a ride until they fell off. 

One would hope not to drive into a crowd like that or at least be smart enough to back up once you see it. 

Now, next time I want to see the tifa thugs in handcuffs not the victim...... 

This is the first thing I thought of, also. 

Then I thought why in the hell did the driver have his window rolled down ?  I don't recall it being broken out. 

He could have been getting out of there after being run down by the truck if he was not having to deal with that guy. 

Nail on the head, TT even in a Prius, he could have been moving away from that group much faster than he did. 

I would be interested in knowing if the driver is facing any criminal charges. 

BTW: This is why I don't understand why the cops don't start arresting people as soon as they start blocking the roadway ? !

Why wait for violence, Molotov cocktails, firework mortars, burning buildings, or First Responders taking fire, whether it be bricks or bullets ? 

As soon as they get in the roadway they are breaking the law.  Let the mob see dozens of their buddies going to jail at the start of the "festivities". Kinda puts a damper on the party for them.  The "mostly peaceful protest" can be declared an unlawful assembly just as soon as they interfere with traffic as a group.  Exercising you 1A rights does not allow you to break the law, nor interfere with the driver's rights to use the roadway without obstruction. 

As far as choice of weapons...it's a tough call. Even though a sidearm is not going to have the power of a rifle round,

IMO, it would be harder to keep control of a long gun than a handgun, especially in that scenario. Like when the guy in the white T-shirt was grabbing/punching the driver. If the driver was physically over-matched, the peaceful protester could have deflected the muzzle and possible gotten possession of the long gun. Bad news. I think a sidearm with the largest standard capacity magazine available might be easier to keep control of and deliver on target rounds than even an AR pistol. A sidearm would also be easier to drive/shift/reverse/forward and shoot at the same time, IMO. 

Early intervention via arrest or breaking up an unlawful crowd would be ideal if they are allowed to do that buy the bosses and powers that be. We know for a fact that many times it's the cops being hand cuffed by their administration as opposed to those who should be wearing the bracelets.

You summed it up why a long gun is not your ideal pick if you are going to be in a vehicle. That's is exactly why I've always felt that even an AR pistol was too large to control and put to use from inside a car and still have some modicum of steering/shifting although any gear would do in that instance to gain some breathing room. IMHO..   I've trained a bunch shooting out of vehicles over the years with handguns. I can't even fathom trying to use any long gun configuration period when by myself willing when I had time to prepare otherwise.

Greg

• Like 1