oncewas

New build Blues

21 minutes ago, oncewas said:

My only concern with the two reviews was he didn't do a two thousand round test with the CZ. Unless I missed it.  But I did watch and read a few about the Stribog that were mostly positive. I do like the CZ from what I've read and yours does look sweet. It's all pretty interesting. I may look into building a 9mm PCC but I would want to use dedicated upper and lower.

Yep he did a 2k rd test with the Scorpion, he is one of the top firearms trainers in the country, check out his other videos.....

3 hours ago, oncewas said:

So you think I'd be better off going 5.56 20in or Grendel 18 or 20in?

Since you already have a 7.62, I'd probably do a 20" 1:7 twist 5.56 or .223Wylde.

I don"t understand the whole current PCC fad. If you want a pistol, get a pistol. If you want a carbine, get a carbine. To me a PCC is silly, because it's no more capable than a pistol, and is no less unwieldy than a carbine. Weapons like the Scorpion are not quite as objectionable because they are somewhere in the middle, but are still basically heavy pistols, and I just don't see the point.

YMMV

52 minutes ago, Longhair said:

Since you already have a 7.62, I'd probably do a 20" 1:7 twist 5.56 or .223Wylde.

I don"t understand the whole current PCC fad. If you want a pistol, get a pistol. If you want a carbine, get a carbine. To me a PCC is silly, because it's no more capable than a pistol, and is no less unwieldy than a carbine. Weapons like the Scorpion are not quite as objectionable because they are somewhere in the middle, but are still basically heavy pistols, and I just don't see the point.

YMMV

The 223Wylde does hold some interest for me. I look into it more.  And you would recommend a 20in over an 18in in 223Wylde?

2 minutes ago, oncewas said:

And you would recommend a 20in over an 18in in 223Wylde?

Absolutely!

God and Eugene Stoner can't both be wrong.

2 hours ago, Longhair said:

YMMV

That's what keeps holding me back. That EVO is pretty slick, once you make a couple of upgrades. The 8 inch barrel will make it worth using +P ammo, but I don't think you are supposed to feed it a steady diet. 

The foldable brace on the Evo  (and others) does make for a small package you can carry in the car, and get that third point of contact for stability at longer ranges. 

Do not go Grendel! I need the ammo.:shifty:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, xonlyj said:

Do not go Grendel! I need the ammo.:shifty:

We're cool I'm really thinking of going 223Wylde. So you're safe, for now.

• Like 2