nw3dogs

Sight mark T3

So I have a Romeo 5 on my weapon. Decided I wanted a magnifier. After research I landed on the Sightmark T3. Got it yesterday and mounted it. Seems like a solid built piece. Like the quick connect and the ability to flip it out of way when not needed.
So the problem I'm having is it's too tall for the Romeo 5 and won't line up properly. Have the Romeo on the high mount.
Anyone ran into this problem and have a fix or recommendations??
Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

14897e4e61066d39f50306229c93d4c4.jpg676fb522cca3a171935179009ea54add.jpg

You may be able to put a mini-riser on the Sig.  Get your heights and order appropriately.  Mixing brands can be problematic as this shows very well.

Greg

• Like 1

What you needed is the SIG SAUER JULIET 3 magnifier. It is designed to be used with the ROMEO5.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sig-sauer-romeo-5-red-dot-with-3x-magnifier-sorj53101

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-juliet3-3x24mm-red-dot-sight-magnifier.html

As was mentioned, some brands are not compatible. Sightmark would never be my choice for any optic or optic related accessories.

What you needed is the SIG SAUER JULIET 3 magnifier. It is designed to be used with the ROMEO5.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sig-sauer-romeo-5-red-dot-with-3x-magnifier-sorj53101

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-juliet3-3x24mm-red-dot-sight-magnifier.html

As was mentioned, some brands are not compatible. Sightmark would never be my choice for any optic or optic related accessories.
Unfortunately that's not in the budget!!

Looks like you need 6 to 8mm down, so I would take in the magnifier and pick up a mount that will lower the magnifier down for you.

If you had gotten the low mount with the Romeo, you could have used a low QD riser under it and been at the right height to match the magnifier.

• Like 1

If you had gotten the low mount with the Romeo, you could have used a low QD riser under it and been at the right height to match the magnifier.
I have the low mount. Where do I find a QD riser??

10 hours ago, nw3dogs said:

Unfortunately that's not in the budget!!

That is why people need to do their homework. If something that works better without the hassles, it is better to buy it rather than trying to make something cheaper work. When something is not in your budget at the time, it is often a good idea to save and wait until you have the funds to get the right thing to begin with. I can understand the "wanting to get it right now" thing, but it is not always the wisest thing to do. Now, you have the aggravation of trying to make a cheap alternative work somehow. Many of us have been around the AR world for many years and have learned a thing or two. Making educated and wise decisions is one of those things learned. Researching products and their quality and compatibility is another thing that is learned. 

• Like 1

That is why people need to do their homework. If something that works better without the hassles, it is better to buy it rather than trying to make something cheaper work. When something is not in your budget at the time, it is often a good idea to save and wait until you have the funds to get the right thing to begin with. I can understand the "wanting to get it right now" thing, but it is not always the wisest thing to do. Now, you have the aggravation of trying to make a cheap alternative work somehow. Many of us have been around the AR world for many years and have learned a thing or two. Making educated and wise decisions is one of those things learned. Researching products and their quality and compatibility is another thing that is learned. 
I've done plenty of research. It was more of do I really want this on my weapon. If it turns out I like it I might upgrade to the Sig. But at this point I'd rather be stuck with a $100:part, not a $300 that doesn't end up staying mounted. The primary use of the weapon will be for CQB if the need arises. Have other options for short and long range targeting.

19 minutes ago, nw3dogs said:

I've done plenty of research. It was more of do I really want this on my weapon. If it turns out I like it I might upgrade to the Sig. But at this point I'd rather be stuck with a $100:part, not a $300 that doesn't end up staying mounted. The primary use of the weapon will be for CQB if the need arises. Have other options for short and long range targeting.

If its primary use is going to be for CQB, then why bother having a magnifier at all? You could have saved yourself $100 and the aggravation. Of all of the ARs I have, none of them with a red-dot warrant having a magnifier. I can still easily hit targets out to 100-150 yards proficiently without a magnifier. If I have to reach out further than that, I have other ARs with LPVOs and long range scopes for that purpose.

The man wanted the option of having a 3X magnifier. 

Lot's of good help here, but there are a lot of people who run a red dot with a magnifier.

it's not like he has a third eye...

Welcome to the Board !

Stuff like this happens when you are starting out. 

If you can, get your money back on the Sightmark, I'd try that.

If not, you are going to have to play with mounts. 

You got some good solutions offered.  Let us know how it turns out.

john

• Like 1

The man wanted the option of having a 3X magnifier. 
Lot's of good help here, but there are a lot of people who run a red dot with a magnifier.
it's not like he has a third eye...

Welcome to the Board !

Stuff like this happens when you are starting out. 
If you can, get your money back on the Sightmark, I'd try that.
If not, you are going to have to play with mounts. 
You got some good solutions offered.  Let us know how it turns out.
john
Thanks. It was more of just wanting to try that's why no big investment. I'll figure it out, the riser seems like the solution. If not not the end of the world!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nw3dogs said:

Sightmark is garbage, as in trash, total waste of money. 

• Like 1