Firebird1980

Anyone lose a family member over politics?

I have two brothers who are never Trumpers. They can not get past that the guy is a bit obnoxious. I have argued and argued that forget that he is a bit of misogynist and crude. That is just the way the man is. What he has done and what the Dems want to do. The Dems want open boarders, men who ID as Women to take a shower or pee with your daughter, Felons to vote, Illegals to flood in and destroy the country, ban guns, Ban free speech if its not in line with their way of thinking. Sure Trump is crude but he does what he said he was going to do. If anyone agrees with a politician 100 percent of the time they need mental help. If you actually think for yourself you are not going to agree with anyone 100 percent of the time. I ended up blocking my Brothers from my  phone and social media. I may calm down bu they are being so stupid. My one brother works at a factory that makes paint, he lives from hand to mouth. When my father was dying he knew I had legal authority over the estate until his death. He would call me with all I was dealing with and ask for house payment money. He never went without on his video games. Yes he is a 40 something man child who does not do drugs or alcohol but is as hooked on video games as anyone can be. His attitude is ban guns who cares about the second amendment but don't touch my video games. He will get thousands of dollars every year tax credit back and never saves enough to fix his basement form leaking. I was in the trades for years and have some ideas how to stop the issue from pouring cement and putting in a sump pump to an over hang to run some of the water away. He never can save out 2 grand for the material. I was going to do the work for free. He sent me a black text for black out Tuesday and I asked him is he was now a hood rat. He got all ticked off. LOL I don't want to lose family but I also can not stand people who are so ignorant. Anyone else have these issues or similar?

I have a toxic brother and a neice and nephew . I love them but I stay away from them . They think the world owes them everything . Life is too short to waste dealing with those who will not help themselves .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Life is short. You will never wire people to think like you do. That being said, my advice is to appreciate what you have in common instead of fixating on your differences. You seem like a great brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My niece is a freaking nutjob liberal. I'm talking she thinks she was supposed to be a dude and is taking steps to "correct the mistake of her birth". The funniest part is when she tells me "if you are white you are a racist" and then I ask her why she is a racist and it pisses her off.

I've lost family over a lot of things but never politics. Bad morals, choosing to be a criminal, and just being a shatty person but never over politics.

Only two things in life one can actually choose : Friends and the time of their own demise  !!!.

As the Wizard and I've always said ; Choose Wisely :ohmy:

Yep lost a few in the 70s.

They got really tight jawed at these clowns running around wearing red and their neighbors that joined the clowns to burn, loot and kill folks. Kinda sounds familiar.

Have not lost a single one.

There is one where we have had agreed to disagree, and have stopped beating the dead horse. Everything is just fine. 

I think it has more to do with relationship dynamics rather than actual politics, except for the hatred of Trump. 

This family member keeps making conservative proclamations. I just smile, or carefully agree without bringing Trump into the picture.  What I want to know is where did the MSM find the hour long video of Trump killing and eating puppies and kittens, and where do they run the video ? ! I wanna see that tape. I can not come up with any other explanation for TDS among the regular folk who are otherwise grounded, and prior to Trump and the Big Tech Coup, had never voted for a Democrat in their lives.  

The force is strong with TDS, even with some people who hold on to 99% of their conservative values. 

I have a sister that is a liberal.  She is very passive-aggressive to somewhat hostile.  Did I lose her?  No, but people make their beds and have to lay in them.  When things get realer, don't kid yourself.  Families will turn on each other. 

I find Ican significantly cut the number of Christmas presents I have to buy, by talking politics at Thanksgiving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No because I admit trump is a POS but I ask them what policies of his they didn't agree with. Deer in the headlights look. 

I'm not taking the guy to dinner im voting on his political stance and views. I hate all politicians because they are all crooks. Both sides willing to sell you out to further thier own agenda or line their pockets. Sometimes their agenda lines up with you sometimes not. 

• Like 1

I have parted ways with some friends over politics, converted some that were on the fence to the right side, but my family are all good God fearing and country loving conservatives. I did have some family that married in were on the demorat ticket, but they quickly changed over their voter registration. LOL

About four months ago, my brother was tagged in photos with his son, and his son's radical lefty girlfriend. They were all wearing black, with gas masks, makeshift armor, and carrying small bats, with the caption, "Going to war with the police tonight". I haven't spoken to him, or my whacko sister since. As far as I'm concerned, they're dead to me. I have spent a good portion of my adult life risking everything for people I don't know, and they want to "go to war" with everything I stand for? They can f*** right off. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

About four months ago, my brother was tagged in photos with his son, and his son's radical lefty girlfriend. They were all wearing black, with gas masks, makeshift armor, and carrying small bats, with the caption, "Going to war with the police tonight". I haven't spoken to him, or my whacko sister since. As far as I'm concerned, they're dead to me. I have spent a good portion of my adult life risking everything for people I don't know, and they want to "go to war" with everything I stand for? They can f*** right off. 

That's just freaked up......I'd lose my mind if my family did something like that......

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

Holy crap and with you being in law enforcement over 20 years, that is jacked up. They need a towel party.