Jump to content
Zephyr One/Zero

Ohio County Closes Schools, Leaves Casino Open

Recommended Posts

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/12/04/ohio-county-closes-schools-leaves-casino-open/

 

"The blackjack tables remain open in Toledo, Ohio, but some middle schools and all high schools are required to close.

An order issued by Ohio’s Lucas County Regional Board of Health on Nov. 25 mandated that “education for Grades 7-12 (or 9 to 12 depending on school configuration) will be virtual from December 4th until January 11th” to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 

The order exempts elementary schools, without explaining why.

Due to anticipated issues with students in grades K-6 (unless the school
configuration is grades K-8 who can follow K-6 orders), schools may remain open, but may only open those facilities required to provide in-
person education for students in those grades."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closing anything is BS! If they really want heard immunity keep everything open and let it run its course!

> 99% survival rate, that’s a pretty safe bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go figure. Here in CO Polis wants to close bars, restaurants, etc...but wants schools to stay open!??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hypocrisy is unbelievable.  The bar for "essential services" is applied unequally.  Small businesses starve and cease to exist while mega money lobbying entities like casinos and Hollywood stay in business.  Assw9mm stated, 99% survival rate and we are acting like its the end of the human race.  Roll out the vaccines and if people are worried, let them be inoculated.  The rest may get sick and unless they are compromised in some fashion, they will live to see another day.  Let it run its course and treat it like the flu.

 

Ive never taken a flu vaccine and never have been stricken.  I may get CV19 or the flu today but I will take my chances with it.  I figure I will survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all do things based on the odds! That’s How decisions are made. If you get in your car and drive you know there is a chance you will get into an accident, 50%, 10% or 5% there is a chance yet we all take it and most of us survive. Same for medical procedures, if you need a life saving surgery but there is a 10% chance you will not survive, would you do it? Yes, because there is a 90% chance you will survive. There a few 100 K people die from medical mistakes every year but we still go to the dr. So how is this any different?

we had a close family friend and 1 relative die this year of COVID. My wife is scared to death of it, she listens to the experts, they are scary! Me it’s like meh, I listen with a grain of salt! Not shortchanging it, but with a > 90 % chance I won’t get it coupled with a > 99% chance of survival, why be worried about it? We are very careful though! 

I don’t get sick very often, I get the flu vaccine, I just had the shingles vaccine (2 shots) and the first of the pneumonia vaccine injections, a 2 part vaccine. I had the Legionnaires disease vaccine ( courtesy of the US Navy) and god only knows how many other vaccines. As a kid (early 60s) I had the polio vaccine, suffered through the measles, mumps (twice) and chicken pox without a vaccine. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...