oncewas

308 suppressor options

I have a Springfield Armory Victor Saint 308, I also purchased a DeadAir Sandman Ti to primarily use on my 10.5in 300blk. The Sandman Ti is a direct thread so I had planned to just keep it on the 300Blk but then I thought it would be fun to put it on the 308. So my question is what should I do with the 308 when I'm not using the suppressor. Just put a thread protector on it or put on a muzzle device (I have six different ones to chose from)? If I use a muzzle device I'll need to crank it down so every time I want to use the suppressor I need to go back to the vise and take it off. Are there other options other than buying another can?

That's why I went with QD on my Dead Air, it's way more flexible for my usages and potential usage than having to deal with this issue......

Once put on properly with rocksett you never have to worry about your muzzle device coming loose or anything, just throw on the can, make sure it's got the correct front size for the caliber and away ya go......

5 hours ago, oncewas said:

I have a Springfield Armory Victor Saint 308, I also purchased a DeadAir Sandman Ti to primarily use on my 10.5in 300blk. The Sandman Ti is a direct thread so I had planned to just keep it on the 300Blk but then I thought it would be fun to put it on the 308. So my question is what should I do with the 308 when I'm not using the suppressor. Just put a thread protector on it or put on a muzzle device (I have six different ones to chose from)? If I use a muzzle device I'll need to crank it down so every time I want to use the suppressor I need to go back to the vise and take it off. Are there other options other than buying another can?

If you can pony up the dough, it might be worth it to you to do like Rampy is talking about and get a QD can.  I run one .30 cal suppressor across a few platforms. Typically, I keep it attached to the muzzle brake on my M1A, but have the *option* to quickly detach and thread it over the flash hider on my RRA LAR-15, or the muzzle brake on my PTR-91. As mentioned above, Rocksett is your friend in these cases.  It's good to have options, man.  I think if you don't mind waiting for eternity for the ATF to so graciously grant you permission, and have the means to do so, pick up another suppressor.

• Like 1

All this is a big part of why I bought what I did. It came with two sizes of direct thread adapters as well as a QD adapter & two sizes of QD muzzle devices. Additional muzzle devices are available separately (and I have some).

PR1Tdlm.jpg

6 hours ago, Rampy said:

That's why I went with QD on my Dead Air, it's way more flexible for my usages and potential usage than having to deal with this issue......

Once put on properly with rocksett you never have to worry about your muzzle device coming loose or anything, just throw on the can, make sure it's got the correct front size for the caliber and away ya go......

Yes I know that's why I bought the Nomad 30 with a KeyMo and three DeadAir Flash hiders for three of my 5.56 guns. But the Sandman Ti is 5/8x24 direct thread only. I can't add a KeyMo to it. When I bought the SandmanTi it was the only suppressor they had in stock. It was my first can purchase and I was naïve.  But I'm not complaining I really like the Ti  and would just leave it on the 10.5in 300blk but I thought I might want to move it over to the 308. I can I just won't crank the muzzle break down on which ever is canless. But thanks for the input everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forsaken352 said:

If you can pony up the dough, it might be worth it to you to do like Rampy is talking about and get a QD can.  I run one .30 cal suppressor across a few platforms. Typically, I keep it attached to the muzzle brake on my M1A, but have the *option* to quickly detach and thread it over the flash hider on my RRA LAR-15, or the muzzle brake on my PTR-91. As mentioned above, Rocksett is your friend in these cases.  It's good to have options, man.  I think if you don't mind waiting for eternity for the ATF to so graciously grant you permission, and have the means to do so, pick up another suppressor.

No I hear ya. And I have a Nomad 30 in jail right now. Already bought the KeyMo to put in on any DeadAir muzzle break, which I've already bought three. Of course the ATF screwed me I purchased the can July 7 they didn't get into their system until Aug 27. So add an extra month or two to jail time.

• Like 1

I have the Dead Air Sandman S in jail and have 5 QDs mounted and ready to go. I really like the Keymo mount as it seems to be solid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, md65636 said:

I have the Dead Air Sandman S in jail and have 5 QDs mounted and ready to go. I really like the Keymo mount as it seems to be solid.

Ive got the Sandman K and want a S now :laugh:

Oh yes I'd like to get a S and maybe even a K but I have a few big money items I have to get also. But I am impressed with the Ti other than it's direct thread only.