AR15Armory.com

300 pistol barrel questions

tajjeep

I appreciate the link, but my upper is slightly funky. After doing some research, apparently only Seekins and Aero make compatible handguards. My receiver has an internally threaded barrel nut with the hand guard mounting surface machined into the receiver. It was a good deal when I bought it a few years ago, but wish I would’ve just gone with a basic upper at this point.

d80f6d14f9e4516ec3b7021d1adb9a09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, tajjeep said:

I ordered the Griffin Armanent 9.5” HEDP barrel along with a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block today. Now to figure out a hand guard. The upper I have is an Aero m4e1 enhanced (I have a 15” hand guard for it currently left over from a rifle upper I never got around to). It needs a BAR style hand guard. I found an Aero 7” in stock. They also make a 9”, but I think that might be too tight for my big mitts to get the suppressor on and off. Time to do some research and see what’s out there. I think finding a compatible hand guard will be a lot easier than finding an upper right now.

Member that barrel length is measured back to the bolt face. A 9" guard may well be ahead of the muzzle end. Just a nuance that I have seen some guys overlook.  

Greg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well...according to UPS my barrel was delivered yesterday. No sign of it anywhere. I gave them today to see if there was a mix up and I made the call to customer service. They stated it was delivered to the wrong address and that they were going to send the driver to attempt to retrieve it. They told me I should start the claims procedure just in case. I am not very pleasant to be around right now.

• 2 weeks later...