AR15Armory.com

300 pistol barrel questions

tajjeep

They did offer to resend the order when/if they got another barrel in stock. They said they show an order for the barrels, but no ETA. I chose to refund versus waiting an unknown amount of months.

And yes, somebody got a free barrel and some gas blocks if they figure out what they are. I am going to watch the local armslist and ginbroker for the heck of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

update:  I did receive this order.  On their own accord, UPS took the liberty of changing the address on the shipping label.  They sent it to my old address from 5 years ago and somehow listed my Dad's phone number from ten years ago.  Nobody I spoke with could give me an answer to any of it.  Luckily the people who bought my old house asked my old neighbor for my phone number and texted me about the package.  I went and picked it up.  I did let AR15Discounts know about everything and they had already issued me a refund.  They re-billed me less 10% for the trouble.  Just a weird situation.

@GLShooter you were correct that the 9" hand guard would not work.  Griffen makes an 8.6" handguard to go with this barrel which puts the shoulder of the muzzle threads exactly at the end of the hand guard (of course out of stock).  Since I have larger than average mitts, I am going to look for something in the 8" range so I can get to the suppressor a little easier and have room to get a strap wrench to the suppressor's cam lock should things get stuck.

• Like 1

Make sure you get the exact length you expect to get. Some advertised lengths can vary by close to 1/4" or more. I have two "9-inch" Matrix handguards which are actually 9 9/16" in length.

Not bashing Matrix here. Just happen to run across these two. The first is a review. The second an observation / complaint:

Received this handguard a few days ago. It was in excellent condition, with mounting hardware included. Title says 9", but the description says 9.5", and the sales rep told me it was actually about 9.2". The actual length of this handguard is 9" flat. 

Matrix should also specify the exact length of their hand guards. I bought an advertised  9" mid-length hand guard to fit on my mid-length barrel with A2 front sight tower. The hand guard is actually too long and the sight tower can not be re-installed. Wish I would have known that before spending good money. As yet I've gotten no reply from Matrix.

The point being, if length is critical make sure you confirm it ahead of time.

• Like 1