AR15Armory.com

Weapon light

Wyldeman

2 hours ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

There's no way that is a legit Surefire Scout Mini. Personally I only run Modlite flashlights at this point. The utilize 18650 or 18350 batteries which provide much more power than CR123s and are rechargeable. They blow away the competition, including Surefire, in candela, which is the real determining factor in how well a light works. They work well through fog, mist, and photons barriers. They're expensive, but none really when compared to a Surefire DF600 and they come with batteries and a charger. Only thing you need is a mount and use either Arisaka or Unity Tactical mounts. I have a bit of wooded property behind my house and these things light everything up when I take the dogs out early or late at night.

I’m so sorry.....

You are about to be ridiculed, berated, laughed at, made fun of, told how stupid you are and more.....

Nobody needs such a bright light, they are a waste of money, olight is just as good and way cheaper, you are going to blind yourself and more.....

I got laughed out of the room for suggesting Cloud Defense, they are a huge waste of money......nobody needs such a bright light, that even 600 lumens is to bright....

Dont even think about getting technical, the experts refuse to learn, have no idea what you are talking about and will just laugh at you in their ignorance 

The experts here will tell you olight are the best, nothing is better, brighter than you need (guess really bright lights cause light pollution) 

Just get a olight, some duct tape and a headlight and that’s all you will ever need.....

Edited by Rampy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Wyldeman said:

Worth the buy at this price? Do you guys find a weapon light to be of extreme importance on a multipurpose rifle? I can always just wear my headlamp.

4224290cff9cd78e9bd67e98a1914559.jpg

There is something seriously wrong with this listing. You do not buy a Surefire weaponlight that cheap, especially with the pressure switch. These normally for $270-$300 plus another $80 for the pressure switch. BTW, if you want to spring some cash for a really good quality and battle proven weaponlight, Surefire weaponlights are the way to go. I own several of them. The important thing is to buy from credible sources and that means not buying from an airsoft retailer.

12 minutes ago, Rampy said:

I’m so sorry.....

You are about to be ridiculed, berated, laughed at, made fun of, told how stupid you are and more.....

Nobody needs such a bright light, they are a waste of money, olight is just as good and way cheaper, you are going to blind yourself and more.....

I got laughed out of the room for suggesting Cloud Defense, they are a huge waste of money......nobody needs such a bright light, that even 600 lumens is to bright....

Dont even think about getting technical, the experts refuse to learn, have no idea what you are talking about and will just laugh at you in their ignorance 

The experts here will tell you olight are the best, nothing is better, brighter than you need (guess really bright lights cause light pollution) 

Just get a olight, some duct tape and a headlight and that’s all you will ever need.....

That's generally the reaction when there's no data driven counter argument. I said the same thing before I bought a Modlite or Cloud Defensive, but once I did my own side by side comparison, there was no denying the advantage. I run a Surefire x300u on my carry gun, was out back with the dog one night and could have sworn I saw a person or people at the edge of my property. The x300u wasn't capable of putting enough light into a single location to ID what it was. Pulled out my Modlite and discovered it wasn't a person.

25 minutes ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

That's generally the reaction when there's no data driven counter argument. I said the same thing before I bought a Modlite or Cloud Defensive, but once I did my own side by side comparison, there was no denying the advantage. I run a Surefire x300u on my carry gun, was out back with the dog one night and could have sworn I saw a person or people at the edge of my property. The x300u wasn't capable of putting enough light into a single location to ID what it was. Pulled out my Modlite and discovered it wasn't a person.

Got logged out by the site & could not post this, thus the screen shot.....

YXS9Lhm.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rampy said:

Got logged out by the site & could not post this, thus the screen shot.....

YXS9Lhm.jpg

I have the OWL on a 12.5 in the back of the safe. I like it, but its heavy and doesn't have quite the throw and hotspot of the OKW. I have not tried the REIN yet. I have the OKW on my 11.3" and a PLHv2 on my 10.3" 300blk. I'll be putting the OKW on my Hodge 12.5" upper as well. And whenever they get around to releasing the pistol light, I will be buying that as well...at least one of them. They already confirmed they work with existing Safariland x300u compatible rigs, but most regular kydex holsters won't work.

For people that don't want to spend the Modlite/Cloud money, I always suggest Streamlight, as they are affordable and offer good performance. I do like Surefire, but for about the same price, I can get a Modlite or Cloud, which offer much better performance.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

I have the OWL on a 12.5 in the back of the safe. I like it, but its heavy and doesn't have quite the throw and hotspot of the OKW. I have not tried the REIN yet. I have the OKW on my 11.3" and a PLHv2 on my 10.3" 300blk. I'll be putting the OKW on my Hodge 12.5" upper as well. And whenever they get around to releasing the pistol light, I will be buying that as well...at least one of them. They already confirmed they work with existing Safariland x300u compatible rigs, but most regular kydex holsters won't work.

For people that don't want to spend the Modlite/Cloud money, I always suggest Streamlight, as they are affordable and offer good performance. I do like Surefire, but for about the same price, I can get a Modlite or Cloud, which offer much better performance.

Now I hate you....a Hodge :blink: Ummm, they are scarcer than woodpecker teeth....I’ve wanted one for years and years & the closest I’ve gotten is a Hodge hat :doh: :lol:

Streamlight is the best dollar value for people who want cheap/budget lights & Surefire are not worth the money any more sad to say, they went from being the best to not worth it unless they are on a super deep discount somewhere....

I pre ordered the OWL about 8 months before they were 1st released & got a heck of a deal on it.....it balances out better on the gauge & the light pattern is more better for my eyes on the gauge & its capabilities....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

Any and all lay it on me. I have a decent enough working knowledge and experience in photons.

Yet you say the olight is your favorite light and better than all the other over priced ones listed & make fun of them and attack me :spock: :spock:

Tell us all about your knowledge of photons & not a Google definition as your recommendation of olights do not equal your “knowledge”  :tap:

Edited by Rampy

10 minutes ago, Rampy said:

Now I hate you....a Hodge :blink: Ummm, they are scarcer than woodpecker teeth....I’ve wanted one for years and years & the closest I’ve gotten is a Hodge hat :doh: :lol:

Streamlight is the best dollar value for people who want cheap/budget lights & Surefire are not worth the money any more sad to say, they went from being the best to not worth it unless they are on a super deep discount somewhere....

I pre ordered the OWL about 8 months before they were 1st released & got a heck of a deal on it.....it balances out better on the gauge & the light pattern is more better for my eyes on the gauge & its capabilities....

If you're on the evil machine that is FB, there is a Hodge/Badger group where most of the drops are posted. OPD Source, OP Tactical, Weapons Outfitters, and Big Tex Outdoors all carry Jim's goodies. I have been piecing this together for well over a year. I have a Mod 1 upper, 12.5" barrel, and BCG. I recently scored a Mod 1 lower, but just traded it last week for a new 11.5" S Lock rail so I can get the upper finished and run it on my Aero lower while I prowl for a Mod 2 lower. Just need a charging handle, Razor 1-10, Badger Ordinance mount, Holosun 509T, and flash hider to be done. I'm contemplating a 14.5 build too, but they ain't cheap (as you know) and I still want something semi-auto in .308 and/or 6.5 to compliment my Remington 700.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

If you're on the evil machine that is FB, there is a Hodge/Badger group where most of the drops are posted. OPD Source, OP Tactical, Weapons Outfitters, and Big Tex Outdoors all carry Jim's goodies. I have been piecing this together for well over a year. I have a Mod 1 upper, 12.5" barrel, and BCG. I recently scored a Mod 1 lower, but just traded it last week for a new 11.5" S Lock rail so I can get the upper finished and run it on my Aero lower while I prowl for a Mod 2 lower. Just need a charging handle, Razor 1-10, Badger Ordinance mount, Holosun 509T, and flash hider to be done. I'm contemplating a 14.5 build too, but they ain't cheap (as you know) and I still want something semi-auto in .308 and/or 6.5 to compliment my Remington 700.

Been using big Tex since before he was big Tex & in his clown book group & my primary go to, then Weapons Outfitters, also been using them since they stood up....have also used OPD Source, but never used OP Tactical....

Been focusing on pistols with as much as we travel & always having one, am in a B8 group on clown book...

Need to look up the hodge/badger group...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

Ive got a 12.5 LaRue UU on order, going to put a Dead Air flash suppressor on it & run it with my sandman on a AR pistol, trying to figure out what light and optic....

Leaning towards a 2nd Gen Razor 1x6 LPVO, wish 8 would have grabbed a 3rd Gen  Razor 1x6 when I could have gotten it at 60% off list, but noooo, stupid me passed it up....

That 10 second snippet regarding the "photon barrier" was pathetically funny. Unless you understand the physics of photons, you won't get the absurdity of the thesis. Regarding whatever else bs they were pushing regarding penetrating rain, fog, smoke, etc, that's very possible depending on environment, density, height of beam relative to blanket of fog, etc, waveform. Not saying the light isn't good; just saying the marketing accompanying it is a bit rich.