AR15Armory.com

Weapon light

Wyldeman

2 hours ago, bamashooter said:

That 10 second snippet regarding the "photon barrier" was pathetically funny. Unless you understand the physics of photons, you won't get the absurdity of the thesis. Regarding whatever else bs they were pushing regarding penetrating rain, fog, smoke, etc, that's very possible depending on environment, density, height of beam relative to blanket of fog, etc, waveform. Not saying the light isn't good; just saying the marketing accompanying it is a bit rich. 

You say that, but you aren't providing evidence on how its absurd. He literally shows how the light works on the range with different ambient lighting. And he clearly states he's not an expert, he is providing information based on the R&D that went into the light. I don't get the resistance to change. The light is, based on evidence, better than anything on the market at what it does. Yet we're arguing over BS. I'm just providing information based on personal experience and the experience of others. I guess this is today's irons vs optic debate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rampy said:

Ive got a 12.5 LaRue UU on order, going to put a Dead Air flash suppressor on it & run it with my sandman on a AR pistol, trying to figure out what light and optic....

Leaning towards a 2nd Gen Razor 1x6 LPVO, wish 8 would have grabbed a 3rd Gen  Razor 1x6 when I could have gotten it at 60% off list, but noooo, stupid me passed it up....

That Larue should be really nice. If you didn't know, Vortex has a .mil/vet discount program. Its 40% off. Same with Leupold, I just signed up for that one because I want another LCO.

Also, OP Tactical is local to me. Chris (the owner), is a really cool dude and always available to help. He's former 18 series. All the gear they carry is top notch (Crye, Hodge, Hesco, Spiritus Systems, Aimpoint, Modlite, etc) and dudes come up from Bragg all the time to get stuff. They're like 5 minutes from my office, which is not good for the wallet, but luckily I'm working remotely haha.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

You say that, but you aren't providing evidence on how its absurd. He literally shows how the light works on the range with different ambient lighting. And he clearly states he's not an expert, he is providing information based on the R&D that went into the light. I don't get the resistance to change. The light is, based on evidence, better than anything on the market at what it does. Yet we're arguing over BS. I'm just providing information based on personal experience and the experience of others. I guess this is today's irons vs optic debate.

Truth........

25 minutes ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

That Larue should be really nice. If you didn't know, Vortex has a .mil/vet discount program. Its 40% off. Same with Leupold, I just signed up for that one because I want another LCO.

Also, OP Tactical is local to me. Chris (the owner), is a really cool dude and always available to help. He's former 18 series. All the gear they carry is top notch (Crye, Hodge, Hesco, Spiritus Systems, Aimpoint, Modlite, etc) and dudes come up from Bragg all the time to get stuff. They're like 5 minutes from my office, which is not good for the wallet, but luckily I'm working remotely haha.

Larue is on IG & has been posting a few videos milling receivers & such and just sent out a bunch of UU’, but it sounds like they are around a 6 month backlog....

Vortex is on ExpertVoice, no idea if Leupold is.....Some are also on Govx, but have not looked at either one in over a year :dontknow:

Will have to put OP on the list to swing in when we finally get permission to travel from the king & make it out to Fayettenam, going to have to ask my bro if he’s ever stopped into OP as he’s never mentioned it..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

If you are on patreon, presscheck consulting is well worth checking out, as well as Chuck’s web site and clown book page...

1 hour ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

Yet we're arguing over BS. I'm just providing information based on personal experience and the experience of others. I guess this is today's irons vs optic debate.

Not at all. I have years of experience with both foreign and domestic weapons-grade lasers and ya'll don't. This is one area I know intimately. Go for it. When you get it, I'd truly appreciate you posting a video of its photon barrier capabilities and characteristics. 

Oh. You and others have witnessed and demonstrated this phenomenon. Great. No need to wait. At your earliest convenience, please post a video.

6 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

Not at all. I have years of experience with both foreign and domestic weapons-grade lasers and ya'll don't. This is one area I know intimately. Go for it. When you get it, I'd truly appreciate you posting a video of its photon barrier capabilities and characteristics. 

Oh. You and others have witnessed and demonstrated this phenomenon. Great. No need to wait. At your earliest convenience, please post a video.

Which would be super important if we weren't talking about flashlights. I already posted the videos of comparisons and target identification at distance and through various ambient lighting conditions. Keep using whatever you want, no skin off my back. But don't drag other people down by telling them facts aren't facts.

If I were stuck on an outpost in Where-the-heckistan and needed to blind a sniper on a hilltop 2 miles away, I definitely would be looking for the best light money could buy, even if I had to mortgage something to get it. As I currently find myself on a farm in the pineywoods of northeast Texas and most likely to be looking for a 'possum trying to get into my chickenhouse, I have a few different options. If I wanted to skip a week's worth of groceries, I could invest that extra amount in a better light. Living within my budgetary constraints and trying not to lose too much of my hard-earned fat, I opted for the Olight, which is a pretty decent light at a less exorbitant price. Considering that the OP said he's a college student on a limited budget, I suspect he has a similar frame of mind.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Valkyrie1911 said:

But don't drag other people down by telling them facts aren't facts.

Ok, here's the deal. I initially laughed at the term "photon barrier" because this immediately came to mind: 

Perhaps you might have asked why I was laughing. But no. You had to go butt hurt and demand "proof" "data driven counter argument". And then that pos had to chime in and take it to the highest level of ignorance (his norm). BTW, flashlight, tac-light, 2 megawatt laser, all, among other things, have one thing in common, photons. So yes, there's a nexus. As stated earlier, The light is probably gtg. Don't know and really don't care. But when you over react to a very simply and harmless reply, don't be shocked if it comes back to you.

20 minutes ago, olfart said:

If I were stuck on an outpost in Where-the-heckistan and needed to blind a sniper on a hilltop 2 miles away, I definitely would be looking for the best light money could buy, even if I had to mortgage something to get it. As I currently find myself on a farm in the pineywoods of northeast Texas and most likely to be looking for a 'possum trying to get into my chickenhouse, I have a few different options. If I wanted to skip a week's worth of groceries, I could invest that extra amount in a better light. Living within my budgetary constraints and trying not to lose too much of my hard-earned fat, I opted for the Olight, which is a pretty decent light at a less exorbitant price. Considering that the OP said he's a college student on a limited budget, I suspect he has a similar frame of mind.

This is SO spot on. It is great to own "the best" of anything, but it must be put into context. 

Some folks feel that only "operator approved " gear is worth using. You gave a perfect example of putting things in context with your possum problem.  Some people get their ego all wrapped up in their choice of gear, and there are times when substitutes are not acceptable, being too cheaply made for any use. Throwing good money after bad as they say. 

Thanks for a perfect example of using context to illustrate when a (slightly?) less rugged model perfectly accommodates it's intended use and available budget. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, olfart said:

Sort of like buying pieces parts of a AR, slapping it together and then finding out your home built budget blaster won’t go bang more than 25% of the time and you can’t figure out why......

Guess you don’t understand a thing called budget, or how to save up money and buy quality once and never again. I know it must be a hard concept for some...