claurio21

Ar pistol Worth it?

Any reason why? The last firearm i would purchase would be a revolver or a hipoint. 

1 hour ago, HAZMAT said:

Speaking only for myself, the last firearm on Planet Earth that I would purchase would be an AR pistol. 

Matt

For me it would be a SPAS 12!! :segrin:

Greg

1 hour ago, claurio21 said:

Any reason why? The last firearm i would purchase would be a revolver or a hipoint. 

That's quite a broad spread there.   I can see a High Point as problematic but a revolver  works pretty well with some trigger time on it, or so I hear anyway

Greg

3 hours ago, Retcop said:

You actually duplicated some complaints from the guys who actually worked in the sand box. 

As a civilian, I was one of those too. Rarer than hen's teeth do you ever see a single round launched at a target. Maybe not quite that rare but uncommon.

21 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

As a civilian, I was one of those too. Rarer than hen's teeth do you ever see a single round launched at a target. Maybe not quite that rare but uncommon.

As a cop, I was always fully prepared to empty my magazine and speed load another.

Keep shooting until the threat is over, or until you are "happy" as Clint says. 

When the NYPD use to carry 6 shot revolvers, the average number of rounds expended by the cops was about 5.6 rounds.

In other words, they shot the guns dry. 

After they transitioned over to Glock 17's the average number of rounds was 16.something.

In other words,  they shot the gun dry. 

Shootings are not the pretty things we see on TV, and they almost always scare the crap out of you. 

I can tell you that set up on an SRT entry with a bunch of guys, some with long guns and shotguns, is a different mindset than chasing a gangbanger you know is armed into the woods or a wharehouse. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HAZMAT said:

Speaking only for myself, the last firearm on Planet Earth that I would purchase would be an AR pistol. 

Matt

I don't know if it would be the last firearm on Planet Earth, but I do tend to agree with you. 

Used as "intended" an AR pistol is next to useless to me. It's a fine rifle platform, but next to worthless as a pistol. I can think of any number of handguns that would have much more utility. Used as an SBR, I can see some utility, but dislike skirting the "letter of the law" and throwing it in the face of the ATF, especially with a senile old bastiage in the WH who is promising to break the NRA. 

4 hours ago, claurio21 said:

Revolvers have their place. They're dead reliable, they are often chambered in calibers often not offered in semi-auto pistols, and often much more accurate than their semi-auto counterparts. As far as a Hi-Point, they're not what I'd choose, but they are usually at least decently reliable, and the customer service from the company is almost legendary. I've also handled and fired one of their pistol caliber carbines, and while it felt rather cheap, it shot well and seemed decently reliable. 

Like what you shoot, and shoot what you like. I don't see the real utility in AR pistols, but if someone likes them, get on with it. I don't contribute to your gun fund, I'll not tell you how to spend it. 

14 minutes ago, Pepper said:

I don't know if it would be the last firearm on Planet Earth, but I do tend to agree with you. 

Used as "intended" an AR pistol is next to useless to me. It's a fine rifle platform, but next to worthless as a pistol. I can think of any number of handguns that would have much more utility. Used as an SBR, I can see some utility, but dislike skirting the "letter of the law" and throwing it in the face of the ATF, especially with a senile old bastiage in the WH who is promising to break the NRA. 

Revolvers have their place. They're dead reliable, they are often chambered in calibers often not offered in semi-auto pistols, and often much more accurate than their semi-auto counterparts. As far as a Hi-Point, they're not what I'd choose, but they are usually at least decently reliable, and the customer service from the company is almost legendary. I've also handled and fired one of their pistol caliber carbines, and while it felt rather cheap, it shot well and seemed decently reliable. 

Like what you shoot, and shoot what you like. I don't see the real utility in AR pistols, but if someone likes them, get on with it. I don't contribute to your gun fund, I'll not tell you how to spend it. 

You owe me some royalties on that.    :laugh:

Accept ammo..worth more than $..

Maybe a 30 Carbine pistol would be an option.

Greg

Sorry ---Showing my age and a peek back to the last century.

27 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

Maybe a 30 Carbine pistol would be an option.

Greg

Sorry ---Showing my age and a peek back to the last century.

I always wanted a .30Carbine Blackhawk. Wish that I'd bought one back in the days when you could get a 3-screw for under $160.  :banghead:

18 minutes ago, Longhair said:

I always wanted a .30Carbine Blackhawk. Wish that I'd bought one back in the days when you could get a 3-screw for under $160.  :banghead:

I got my 3-screw for free. I was referring to the ENFORCER carbine pistol.

I still want an Automag 3 30 Carbine.

Greg

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 10:45 PM, Longhair said:

I don't know what the laws are where you are, but one reason that I built a pistol was because in my state, if you have a CPL you can then legally have a loaded AR pistol in your vehicle. A loaded carbine is a DNR violation, and they'll screw you bad for that.

Same here.

In Iowa, you can legally hunt deer during the ‘muzzleloader’ season with a pistol. That used to mean something like your.44 mag revolver- and still does- but an AR pistol is a pistol. And now cartridges such as 350 Legend and 450 Bushmaster are legal. So an AR pistol, which used to look like the last thing is want, now looks like a deer hunting rig…

In Iowa, you can legally hunt deer during the ‘muzzleloader’ season with a pistol. That used to mean something like your.44 mag revolver- and still does- but an AR pistol is a pistol. And now cartridges such as 350 Legend and 450 Bushmaster are legal. So an AR pistol, which used to look like the last thing is want, now looks like a deer hunting rig…

That is awesome. Wish it was like that here in Pa.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/28/2021 at 11:11 PM, MontanaLon said:

If it were me, I would build it in .300 Blackout. The ballistics are far more impressive at that barrel length than a 5.56. 

THIS.

When I see very short 5.56 or PCC's with barrels just barely longer than a sidearm, I start wondering what the point is.  

But like whiteGTdroptop said, if you want it just for fun, don't let the cons stop you.

"Shoot what you like and like what you shoot", I always say