AR15Armory.com

The Ignore Button as ''Safe Space"

olfart

After using the Ignore Button for the first time, I came to the realization that I was using it to provide a "safe space" to escape the schoolyard bully. Having determined that, I vowed to control my own response to obnoxious behavior rather than using a tool to protect me from it, and I have now disabled the ignore button. If I choose to let anyone get under my skin, I have to own up to the fact that I LET that person get to me. If I respond in kind, that only feeds the ego of the bully and does nothing to resolve the situation. 

If my comments have offended anyone over the past few days, I apologize and will make every effort to avoid doing so in the future.

• Like 6

So now anybody who disagrees with you is a "school yard bully" and other less "polite" comments, even when they roduce facts and data along with other places to learn from.....gotcha.....The cancel culture is alive and well here, do not go against feelings with truth or facts, it's nothing more than bullying others.....:tiphat:

mPAgJ6x.jpg

Or "school yard bully"

ZeT2372.jpg

Edited by Rampy

Never realized the button was limited to a specific number. :D: Regarding punks and bullies, they're everywhere and of course we have our resident arsehole. Being mere mortals, it's natural to strike back. I don't consider that allowing some dirtball to get under your skin. It's just a simple response. As he has stated more than once, he gets his rocks off stirring things up and causing hate and discontent. I hope he out lives everyone. He obviously suffers from many things but mostly from self-hatred. May he "self-hate" for a long, long, time. Were I in charge here, he'd be on the next bus out of here.

One member is taking some time off for this crap. The obsession with a particular member ends here. One more post by any of the involved parties ends with time off. If you can't deal with things according to the rules, leave. I'm tired of babysitting adults over this. This forum stalking ends here, now, and permanently. There will be no more warnings, no more red text. Get along, ignore each other, or go away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1