seadonist

Suppressed 6.8 buffer weight?

I am in the process of converting my CMMG MK4 5.56 to a suppressed (Dead Air Sandman S) 16” Recon barrel, 6.8 SPC Bison chamber gun. I will be using a Fail Zero BCG and the gas block is an SLR Rifleworks adjustable block. I know I will be able to utilize the gas block to adjust should I have any cycling problems but I’m wondering about the standard buffer spring/ weight that is currently in the 5.56 setup. If anyone has made a similar build, did you have to change the buffer setup in order to accommodate the heavier 6.8 rounds? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to give you a belated Welcome ! to the board. 

It's after midnight on the East Coast, I'm sure some guys with 6.8  experience will be around before too long.

That rifle sounds like a quality piece.  

I presume that Bison is a wildcat ?  I'm not up on such things.

If that is a wildcat, you should check out the "Who's at the Reloading Bench thread, if you have not already. Lot's of experience there. 

I run old school 5.56 and .308. Yeah. I know, dull. 

I wish the Pentagon would give our guys something like the 6.8, 6.5,  or something similar. 

Good luck on finishing up the conversion !

Should be a great defense gun, and deer or pig slayer, too. 

John

Edited by Retcop

Thanks for the Welcome. I wouldn’t call the Bison chamber a wildcat but it is slightly different than the SPC II chamber in that the SPC II chamber has a free bore of .100” and the Bison chamber has a free bore of .072”

Gun will primarily be used as a hog gun out to 250-ish yards but Cavity Back Bullets is making some MKZ 120 gr projectiles that are said to be really good on white tails.

11 minutes ago, seadonist said:

Thanks for the Welcome. I wouldn’t call the Bison chamber a wildcat but it is slightly different than the SPC II chamber in that the SPC II chamber has a free bore of .100” and the Bison chamber has a free bore of .072”

Gun will primarily be used as a hog gun out to 250-ish yards but Cavity Back Bullets is making some MKZ 120 gr projectiles that are said to be really good on white tails.

Thanks for the info on the Bison chamber.  Learn something new every day.

Good luck, please keep us updated, and let us know how she shoots.

Looking at the JP Silent Captured Spring system currently