AR15Armory.com

Cavalry draw

You guys are killing me here.  I'm kind of a mind like CS that I'd like my back up to be 1:1 in power as my original. I happen to have a cross draw BIanchi for a 1911 but of  course that is not going to allow a safe LH draw by any means. IT does ride decent in a car IIRC from 30 years ago..LOL  I have a huge plastic trash bag about half ful of holsters so maybe I'll start rooting through that. 

Greg

8 hours ago, GLShooter said:

You guys are killing me here.  I'm kind of a mind like CS that I'd like my back up to be 1:1 in power as my original. I happen to have a cross draw BIanchi for a 1911 but of  course that is not going to allow a safe LH draw by any means. IT does ride decent in a car IIRC from 30 years ago..LOL  I have a huge plastic trash bag about half ful of holsters so maybe I'll start rooting through that. 

Greg

And to think my "backup" is a J frame in a Kramer pocket holster :laugh::laugh:

Heck, it's even been my primary & only carry, but it's a sweet shooting 442......

Mine's a bit bigger in the hole punch category and capacity but carries easily.

I've got three or fur of those little Smiths. They do lend well to street carry and can certainly will say they can acquit themselves well in the hands of a good pistolero.

Greg

• 2 months later...

I have lost so much weight in the last few months that my 6 round speed loader can no longer be used for ccw in just a T shirt. My shed roof for my tools has shrunk up where it won't hide the speed loader anymore. The five rounders for the SP101 will still hide but I want to pack the Colt. I found a way to pack another five rounds to add to the six in the Colt and still hide it all. I wear the Colt strong side and the SP101 Cavalry draw on the left. Two guns hides better than one with a comp III speed loader :yukyuk:

I'm going to have to let things settle before I make anymore changes to my carry. I still have another 7-8 pounds I want to lose and when I am down to my new weight I'll assess my carry and make the needed changes to gear. Winter carry I can get away with more as I wear an over shirt, summer its just a T shirt. 

Not many guys our age have to rearrange their daily life because of weight loss. For most it's figuring out where to move something to avoid the extra overhang. Congratulations. If I loose 15 pounds my spine will be in the front of my belly.  I'd look like a greyhound on his hind legs.

Greg

4 hours ago, GLShooter said:

Not many guys our age have to rearrange their daily life because of weight loss. For most it's figuring out where to move something to avoid the extra overhang. Congratulations. If I loose 15 pounds my spine will be in the front of my belly.  I'd look like a greyhound on his hind legs.

Greg

I always told a skinny guy at work that if he did not wear a belt he would fall through his own A-hole and choke himself. :yukyuk:

• 2 months later...

I have kept up with my practice on the calvary draw using the Blackhawk and man is it getting to be second nature. I should be able to start packing that gun once fall is here when I wear the over shirt. I can get away with it under a t-shirt alone if I don't get too active. I am going to hit the range in a couple weeks and concentrate on putting that Blackhawk on paper at different distances to get it dialed in where I want it. I know pepper, newbe, and myself had it dialed in for 100 yards and I am not sure if I ever changed that. I do know I qualified with it in Jan. at 21 feet and was grouping right in the bullseye. It has been fun training my left hand to shoot. 

4 hours ago, GLShooter said:

If it wil do dead on at 100  up close and personal won't be an issue unless you just have to shoot him in the thrird button above his belt buckle and nothing else will do. :ZAB:

Greg

That's what I am wanting this gun to do.....dead on at 100 and then adjust accordingly on in. It's going to be used for big critter protection and I don't want to wait until I can smell them to shoot them where I want to. :eekout: