AR15Armory.com

Another Strike Out at the DMV

xonlyj

I moved back to CO from TX and have been trying to get my DL here. First time through I was told my privilege to drive had been suspended in CO for an issue in 1983. Yes, I had been busted for no insurance back then (many times) and payed the price. So I contacted the powers that be and they said there were no issues and I could look it up online. Great. Today I go down and now there's an issue with the ID. Two forms are needed. A valid DL and birth certificate are acceptable. Except my 50 yr old birth certificate copy is unacceptable because it has a notary stamp. Funny, DoD was going to accept it to work on F-22s. Now I have to get another certified copy of my birth cert suitable to their standards from CA where I was born. I used an online doc service to order the copy. To verify my identity I had to provide my TX DL info. No big deal then it hit me. I will be providing 2 forms of ID  when I get my new (hopefully) license, the TX DL and the new acceptable birth certificate. The birth cert I procured based off data from my TX DL which by itself was not enough ID!  

My mind is blown!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Many states are or have moved to have their issud DR recognized as a US ID Document and that involvs a given list of proofs that you are a US Citizen and whom you say you are. At first I thought it was foolish, but as we had more and more voter fraud uncovered in FL, I was grateful it was as it is. This last election, they caught a group, of the usual suspects, in Broward County, using IDs of deceased voters to cast votes by absentee ballots.

4 hours ago, xonlyj said:

I moved back to CO from TX and have been trying to get my DL here. First time through I was told my privilege to drive had been suspended in CO for an issue in 1983. Yes, I had been busted for no insurance back then (many times) and payed the price. So I contacted the powers that be and they said there were no issues and I could look it up online. Great. Today I go down and now there's an issue with the ID. Two forms are needed. A valid DL and birth certificate are acceptable. Except my 50 yr old birth certificate copy is unacceptable because it has a notary stamp. Funny, DoD was going to accept it to work on F-22s. Now I have to get another certified copy of my birth cert suitable to their standards from CA where I was born. I used an online doc service to order the copy. To verify my identity I had to provide my TX DL info. No big deal then it hit me. I will be providing 2 forms of ID  when I get my new (hopefully) license, the TX DL and the new acceptable birth certificate. The birth cert I procured based off data from my TX DL which by itself was not enough ID!  

My mind is blown!

So the Colorado DMV is opened back up eh, last I saw they were still closed and extended out all DL's and such....see quite a few expired plates running around on I25......

My birth certificate did not have a raised notary seal on it, so it was not good enough......and my military ID was not a valid form of ID....went and got passports and a passport card that is accepted as a federal government ID and since it did not have my address on it, it was not conidered a valid form of ID & when I pulled out the hard paper passport book, they approved that.....:screwloose:

The federal Govt implemented the Real ID program and it's stupid as al get out proving who you are, we have to take in a utility bill showing our name/address and even then it's a ugly process, but the they is it's going to be made easier to renew on line....except for the eye test & then some kind of paperwork from a eye doctor is required......

BC's ?: Now   those have to be about the funniest documents around . 

CA DMV accepted MY original BC from Balboa Naval Hospital , as did US Army  Customs State Dept. for Passport  FBI DoD and DoE !.  I move to Idaho DL confiscated New DL Idaho NO problem :thumb:

Then a year later STAR CARD requirement  and PASSPORT renewal, NO GOOD  You must obtain Your original ( copy ) of your Calif. issued BC and #3 other forms of identification  :ack:.   Allow Me to explain what MY ORIGINAL Birth certificate is and WHY it's NOT a Copy , nor is the $0.02 faded brown postcard which accompanies it .  NO Mam  IT ISN'T A INTRANET FAKE  ,it's the REAL MCCOY .  $ 37.00 for a Calif. issued BC  Idaho is happy :facepalm: FBI says info DOESN'T JIVE as does SS and THEY DON'T :tap:  Oh MY whole life has been a LIE :hysterical3: .  Funny Uncle Sammy and Dept. of the Navy,  State Dept.  FBI DoD DoE FAA  along with CA DMV were perfectly OK with it for # 67 Years :dontknow:  However to get on an airplane and get a New passport issued it wasn't :CONFUS12:   What were all those past  Country entry stamps into MY passports  ,food stamp coupons ?????.  Finally resolved , After the  FBI informed SS  that CALIF. FOOKED UP and they  had to pay ME additional monies in benefits :party2:

:segrin: Who say crime don't pay :bellylaf: If you seriously don't think so , just watch your politicians :tap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine expired here in NM and these new type licenses they want all types of documents to prove your address. We are off grid so have no utility bills, no mortage, etc. all stuff they want. It drives them nuts I don’t have a normal life.

With Covid and the fact even their DMV Express is overloaded and incompetent the state finally allowed folks to simply renew online if there were NO changes to your  status. Some folks renewed regardless of changes just to avoid the hastle.

So I renewed for another eight years. Ten days later I got my new license.

I thought the star on your driver's license means it meets the real id act. Gets me on a plane without another form of ID. My TX DL has one on the right side. No it's not the Line Star.

9 minutes ago, xonlyj said:

I thought the star on your driver's license means it meets the real id act. Gets me on a plane without another form of ID. My TX DL has one on the right side. No it's not the Line Star.

Yep, they slightly changed it lately, but that’s part of the real ID authentication’s “proving” you proved who you actually are......

I'm having fun with my elected officials now. I asked my congressmen, representatives and Governor, "why"?  There are so many laws, rules, executive actions...and not one bit of it means a thing when the masses lack basic integrity.

Edited by xonlyj

1 hour ago, xonlyj said:

I'm having fun with my elected officials now. I asked my congressmen, representatives and Governor, "why"?  There are so many laws, rules, executive actions...and not one bit of it means a thing when the masses lack basic integrity.

I’ll be shocked if they reply, let alone with anything other then some kind of political BS double speak letter......

On 4/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, TaosGlock said:

Mine expired here in NM and these new type licenses they want all types of documents to prove your address. We are off grid so have no utility bills, no mortage, etc. all stuff they want. It drives them nuts I don’t have a normal life.

With Covid and the fact even their DMV Express is overloaded and incompetent the state finally allowed folks to simply renew online if there were NO changes to your  status. Some folks renewed regardless of changes just to avoid the hastle.

So I renewed for another eight years. Ten days later I got my new license.

Edited by Qweevox

An update! I have received 2 replies which simply restated ID requirements. I had resigned myself to having to get a non-resident fishing license this year. Then, lo and behold, I get a call after 6pm. It seems that because I had a license previously in CO then they already knew me. I have a special "expedited appointment" for next week. Wonder which official I bugged and lit a fire. Like to thank them! Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1