AR15Armory.com

Surgery

adamr19745

June 16th im having shoulder surgery to remove some burrs and some bone for joint clearance and possible torn rotor cuff tear. Needless to say im in pain but not letting it stop me from working on my sons car and my building

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Hope everything works out and you get to be pain free.  Just be careful not to over do it with the arms until it is fixed, you don't want to damage the rotator any more.   

I had tears in both rotator cuffs (at different times), didn't need surgery though. I could not raise my arms above my shoulder, too painful. PT fixed them, back to full use and movement, but it took a while!

• Like 1

I'll put it on my calendar so the prayers will be in fight for you and your surgical team.

I will echo sw9mm's caution about taking things slow after the surgery. (don't ask me how I know.)

When dealing with such things, while the surgeon's skill is important, the PT's is just as important.

Remember pain is NOT often gain after a surgery, especially if there is a lot of it. Don't be afraid to speak up

to both your PT and your Doc if things are too much. If you don't like your PT, ask for another. 

Listen to your body.

I have every confidence that you will come thru surgery and rehab with flying colors, as long as, if need be,

you put your ego on the back burner. A PT I ended up working for 2 years with (more complicated stuff) 

said if the PT is causing pain that lasts much time after the session, adjustments should be made. 

Good luck, and I pray your quality of life takes a big jump !

Keep us posted, please. 

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, specops56 said:

My good friend John just had shoulder surgery. It's been 3 weeks and he's still recovering. Don't push yourself too soon after it's done.

v7GN2Ir.jpg

Terry

Shoulder ( Rotator cuff repair ) surgery is the TOUGHEST surgical procedure ,in terms of recovery length . Try minimum  4 MONTHS :tap:

I had both mine done 2014 Right shoulder  # 7 MONTHS PT/aka rehab   . Dr. wouldn't allow Me to even go too Physical Therapy for #5 weeks after surgery . His description # 15 PEEK anchors coupled with # 3 yards  of suturing in wet toilet tissue  !.  This Best describes Bush's Torn Rotator along with reattaching  bicep and tendons  :ack:2016  Left shoulder  repair Rotator #3 PEEK anchors , reattaching Bicep , #5 Months PT rehab .

I caution ANYONE having shoulder surgery  ; FOLLOW YOUR SURGEONS ADVICE TO THE LETTER !. 

You get ONE SHOT at a repair , then it's an artificial shoulder REPLACEMENT . An I don't think anyone really wants to know what that entails . A close friend had his botched twice and had to have one . Simply put you DON'T even use the same muscles to move your shoulder :thumbdown::thumbdown: and FORGET lifting ANYTHING above your shoulder ever again :ohmy: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adamr19745 said:

June 16th im having shoulder surgery to remove some burrs and some bone for joint clearance and possible torn rotor cuff tear. Needless to say im in pain but not letting it stop me from working on my sons car and my building

IF You have Rotator cuff repair ; FORGET ANY activity involving ARM HAND OR SHOULDER  for MONTHS , so Kids car WAITS . 

WHY ?, Because You just think You're in pain , YOU will soon know what PAIN is :backstab:

• Like 1

IF You have Rotator cuff repair ; FORGET ANY activity involving ARM HAND OR SHOULDER  for MONTHS , so Kids car WAITS . 
WHY ?, Because You just think You're in pain , YOU will soon know what PAIN is :backstab:
Son's car is almost done all thats left is starter,radiator and a few odd things. Have finished next week. So i can concentrate on getting better

Full labrum tear on the right and left rotator cuff tear or me as well. Pt’ed the left and it’s pretty decent most days, the right doesn’t bother me much after surgery and a year of rehab but it’ll never be the same.
Rest for as long as they say (you may feel better as others have noted, but you are not yet!)
And do the physical therapy with so much disciple and attention to detail as you can. You’ll have to take it slow at first but with time as you are allowed to work harder on it, you will be in control of how strong your recovery gets to be.
It won’t end either, at least it shouldn’t.
Doing the physical therapy will become a part of your routine everyday most likely at some point and it should not be taken lightly.
Think about it like learning how to use those muscles for the first time, tread lightly and learn your limits. Then you will be able to carefully push them.

With all that in mind. Have no fear and congrats. I’d take the surgery over living with the tear despite the hassle to get back to “normal.” Best wishes and prayers your way. Injury can be a humbling and insightful thing.

No pain no gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dude, I really empathize with you especially if you are a hands-on kinda guy. The worst part for me in the end was I can't work on my own vehicle anymore since a shoulder replacement from arthritis. Quite humbling for a lifetime mechanic. Take care of that shoulder after surgery. Accept all the help you can get.

• Like 1