AR15Armory.com

Lost a real friend for the first time.

Lylelovett666

I found out on Saturday that my friend,George,had died a few days before. His wife called to let me know. Sadly,we’d got into an argument about covid & hadn’t spoken for the past a year. He was a master carpenter,a jack of all trades,a helluva fly fisherman(he learned it all from me😉) a shipwright & just a guy who was a blast to hang out with & have a few beers around a campfire. I will miss George the rest of my life. Appreciate the people that you love & that love you. Dont let petty issues create rifts that may never be be mended. 

10 hours ago, Lylelovett666 said:

I found out on Saturday that my friend,George,had died a few days before. His wife called to let me know. Sadly,we’d got into an argument about covid & hadn’t spoken for the past a year. He was a master carpenter,a jack of all trades,a helluva fly fisherman(he learned it all from me😉) a shipwright & just a guy who was a blast to hang out with & have a few beers around a campfire. I will miss George the rest of my life. Appreciate the people that you love & that love you. Dont let petty issues create rifts that may never be be mended. 

As Olfart posted  : I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Dwell on the good memories, not the petty disagreement.   It's the only thing which gets you through  the loss  , GOOD MEMORIES :thumb: An Lyle just for the record  , 1 St. or 15 Th. it DOESN'T get any easier but Memories are what we live by .

Edited by BushXM15

Thanks y’all. It really sunk in today that he’s really gone. I kept expecting a cal from George,or his wife that there had been some kind of mixup & that he was ok & recovering in the hospital. Of course I knew it wasn’t going to happen,but a little piece of my brain just kept telling me this was the situation. I’m now focused on the great  times we had & doing anything I can to help his wife through this. Thank you all once again.