Thanks again man

small.9ad9ddd93d53d03bed6e2e2aa6555aa3.j

small.77d4af66308c48d0ea7d07cc4ae7f19f.j

small.a93d5511c23490afbebe55e5175af9ad.j

small.d26c624b4a713ed4e5a2e5652ac5d4fb.j

small.7d801a9921c354303590a680baa1e62f.j

small.9e27682aef4e5fe245ecbc51534f8d33.j

• Like 1

You know, I've got one of those, too. Bought it for $40, and it runs great!

7iLpeg8.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Longhair said:

You know, I've got one of those, too. Bought it for $40, and it runs great!

I would like to find more, but to find one OEM in the shape mine is in highly doubtful

Does yours say Made in West Germany on?

1 hour ago, Nwatson99 said:

I would like to find more, but to find one OEM in the shape mine is in highly doubtful

Does yours say Made in West Germany on?

Nope. By the serial number it was made the first year here . That model was the very first one made in the U.S. when Stihl came here in '73.

Mine had scratches in the paint on the bottom and a cracked sprocket cover, but was otherwise unmarked. I found a "new old stock" original sprocket cover for it for $15, so now it's as close to perfect as can be found.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhair said:

Nope. By the serial number it was made the first year here . That model was the very first one made in the U.S. when Stihl came here in '73.

Mine had scratches in the paint on the bottom and a cracked sprocket cover, but was otherwise unmarked. I found a "new old stock" original sprocket cover for it for $15, so now it's as close to perfect as can be found.

Good find bud,

I rebuilt my 029 super several years ago with all OEM parts before retiring it. clutch cover, recoil housing, bar, chain, and regret not putting the new fuel tank and handle on it when I found it and didn't buy it.

That 029 cut wood and a lot of wood. I found two new old stock original OEM wood boss bars, the grey on the box was so old they had started turning chalk white. LOL

• Like 1

Good Stihl's are hard to come by . Most have been run into the ground ,as having seen hard service or some Yo yo has abused it running them leaner  than they should have been run .  One thing to be said about buying New ; You know what you started with and how it ends up is in Your hands :thumb:

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, BushXM15 said:

Good Stihl's are hard to come by . Most have been run into the ground ,as having seen hard service or some Yo yo has abused it running them leaner  than they should have been run .  One thing to be said about buying New ; You know what you started with and how it ends up is in Your hands :thumb:

Exactly brother, when someone buys a saw or anything from me they can buy in 100% confidence it is exactly what I say it is no compromise. 

• Like 2

I got a Stihl 194 T that I did a muffler mod on that runs like a little dynamo. Awesome little saw for Homeowner work and also packing on outdoor expeditions.

Going to be one hell of a used chainsaw and lawnmower sale in KOMMYFORNIA , they're ALL BANNED  if they suck fuel :ROFLLMAO:

19 hours ago, BushXM15 said:

Going to be one hell of a used chainsaw and lawnmower sale in KOMMYFORNIA , they're ALL BANNED  if they suck fuel :ROFLLMAO:

I think that every chainsaw and lawn mower owner in Commiefornia should start up their machines all at once. Can you imagine the panic it would cause the Gov. and all the "woke" police? That mental image is nearly priceless!

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:11 AM, Longhair said:

Where did you find that "new old stock" sprocket cover?  Stihl ? I have a cracked casing part on mine. It's 30-35 years old , maybe a little more. I used to heat all with wood, and it ran like a top year after year.

This Spring I went out to fire her up, and the casing was cracked. 

54 minutes ago, Retcop said:

Where did you find that "new old stock" sprocket cover?  Stihl ? I have a cracked casing part on mine. It's 30-35 years old , maybe a little more. I used to heat all with wood, and it ran like a top year after year.

This Spring I went out to fire her up, and the casing was cracked. 

Frequently you can find stuff like that on Ebay, but the sprocket cover I found was local and was posted on Craig's List.

It depends on just exactly what you're looking for. I've found most of what I need to restore my old 066 Magnum on Ebay, but patience and perseverance are required. Sometimes it takes months for what I'm looking for to materialize. Older small engine repair shops are another good place to look. You never know what they have tucked away in a corner nearly forgotten.

7 minutes ago, Longhair said:

Frequently you can find stuff like that on Ebay, but the sprocket cover I found was local and was posted on Craig's List.

It depends on just exactly what you're looking for. I've found most of what I need to restore my old 066 Magnum on Ebay, but patience and perseverance are required. Sometimes it takes months for what I'm looking for to materialize. Older small engine repair shops are another good place to look. You never know what they have tucked away in a corner nearly forgotten.

Thanks. Am not looking forward to this. my "good" Stihl shop went from family owned business to Ace Hardware,

where they got rid all of their higher paid ex-contactors, and just look at you with grass eyes when you try to explain what you need, or what you are trying to do.  I bought an elcheapo saw for some limbing I gotta do as soon as the leaves fall, we'll see how many hours it runs. The lightness will be a big help, my Stihl not huge, but not the right tool for the job, especially on the Oak in the front yard. 

I would like a new smaller Stihl but my two old ones run just fine.

Matt