AR15Armory.com

VERY BAD news CWD has been confirmed in NC.

JosephT

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Connect-With-Us/wildlife-commission-announces-first-cwd-positive-deer-in-north-carolina

RALEIGH, N.C. (March 31, 2022) – Officials with the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission announced today that a sample collected from a hunter-harvested, white-tailed deer in Yadkin County has tested positive for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD). This is the first case of CWD detected in North Carolina’s deer herd and was confirmed by the National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Ames, Iowa.

The deer was harvested in northern Yadkin County in December 2021.

I have mixed feelings about CWD. First, there have been no confirmed human cases so it is entirely possible it isn't contagious to humans at all. Second, everyone dies of something and chances are even if you ate venison every day of your life, you will still be more likely to die of something else anyway. 

In most areas the prevalence in wild deer is very small. But there are places where high percentages of deer have the disease. But captive herds can have huge numbers of deer with the disease. I have thought for a long time that it is highly likely CWD is being spread on purpose in order to hurt hunting. I mean what better way to "save the animals" than to make people afraid to hunt them? And to an animal rights person, killing them to save them is perfectly logical.

E. Ky had so many deer, you damn near couldn't drive at night then three or four years  back CWD literally laid waste to the deer population.  It was amazingly fast too.  It was like one season and their numbers went from they're everywhere to nowhere.  They're bouncing back now.  

You know I saw something similar in TX back in the early 80's then again in IL in the early 90's.  Didn't have a name for it back then.  Just saying, seems to me whenever the deer population gets so large they're eating the bark off the trees, something like this happens.  TX is was the hot climate so lack of food and north  IL it was loss of environment due to urban expansion.  TX, N. IL, and Ky all had a major reduction in hunting pressure and no natural predators.  

I sometimes think liberals kill more deer than hunters and when they kill them the deer die horrible deaths.  

Tj