AR15Armory.com

Do You Have A Bug Out Bag ?

HAZMAT

I still have all my emergency gear in a marine quality bag but no bag that you would call a real bug out bag.

However, I could probably convert it into one in ten minutes or less. Everything needed is mostly in one place.

I must admit I have so much crap in my rig that you could truly call it a bug out vehicle.  :rolleyes:

So, do you have a bug out bag handy and what is in it ?

Matt

No. Too old and fat to run away. If I can’t defend and survive in my home (I have more food and ammo socked away than I can carry anyway) If I can’t defend myself and survive here, then I guess I’ll pull up tent stakes here and head on off to my real home…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a "get home" bag in case I'm across town when the EMP/grid down occurs. Enough to support me hoofing it home within 24-48 hours without being too heavy for me to carry. Wife has one too. I have no intention of bugging out. This is my castle where my wife and all my stuff is. I'll protect them to the end.

Terry

• Like 1

Yes, I'm afraid the Alamo Doctrine must work for me as well. Too old to run.

However, if my supply of coffee beans gets low, I will bug out with a bag full of money to get more.

Matt   :coffee:

• Like 1

I have to travel to the heart of the problem next Thursday.  NYC is the last place I want to travel to. I had though about taking one of my small get home bags with me on the train until I opened it.  Over half the stuff would trigger an alarm with Amtrak employees.  Oh well, I’ll keep my head down and pray for the best.  All I can hope is that that damned mask mandate doesn’t come back to haunt me…lol.  Going to be a long day!

On 4/24/2022 at 8:19 AM, ewallover said:

I have to travel to the heart of the problem next Thursday.  NYC is the last place I want to travel to. I had though about taking one of my small get home bags with me on the train until I opened it.  Over half the stuff would trigger an alarm with Amtrak employees.  Oh well, I’ll keep my head down and pray for the best.  All I can hope is that that damned mask mandate doesn’t come back to haunt me…lol.  Going to be a long day!

Be as safe as they’ll let you..

On 4/24/2022 at 9:19 AM, ewallover said:

v7GN2Ir.jpg

Terry

On 4/24/2022 at 7:19 AM, ewallover said:

Ugh be extremely careful lots and lots and lots of attacks on NYC public transportation and even walking down the street in the city 

is it illegal to carry OC on Amtrak???

This is the stuff I’d have & “forgot” I had it and I’d get a Irish fighting stick (cane)

https://pompepperspray.com

On 4/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, specops56 said:

I have a "get home" bag in case I'm across town when the EMP/grid down occurs. Enough to support me hoofing it home within 24-48 hours without being too heavy for me to carry. Wife has one too. I have no intention of bugging out. This is my castle where my wife and all my stuff is. I'll protect them to the end.

Terry

I had one of these but it’s been dismantled and lost to the depths of the garage and basement 

need y to put a couple together & leave em in the vehicles 

I'm afraid my bug out bag is now a go bag.  

Its a Maxpedition Jumbo.  I don't even know what all is in there now.  It contains all your basic ultra light survival gear like Lifestraw, parcord, em blanket, letherman wave, a few knives, flashlights,  collapsible cup, spork, nylon poncho, basic first aid, water bottle, gun stuff, garbage bags, etc. I've added a bunch of stuff more car related like zip ties, specialty tools,  etc. I'd seriously have to do an inventory.  I do know there's a couple mag in there that need to come out.  

I simply throw it in a vehicle if I go on a trip or into the mountains.    

• Like 1

I made up a go bag back a long time ago, went through several dozen hurricanes then decided I needed a better plan. Figure out how to stay for a while, then have what is needed for me to survive in a survival mode.

Do not forget heavy duty tin foil.

Edited by Recondo 101
  • Haha 1