AR15Armory.com

New DD

Ram rod

Just now, Retcop said:

You obviously have more experience with scopes than I do, but that is not hard to do. 

I used what they used to call peep sights on most of my rifles for the longest time.

Just never did get much into scopes, but I'm learning.  Good red dots are better than sliced bread on an AR, IMHO. 

I dont have any experience other then input from other people I've never owned a single lpvo my grandpa has one and loves it but I agree I prefer eotech holographic sights 

6 hours ago, Ram rod said:

I dont have any experience other then input from other people I've never owned a single lpvo my grandpa has one and loves it but I agree I prefer eotech holographic sights 

My LPVOs are among the first that were available, and they aren't daylight bright, but it doesn't bother me at all.

To me, the more important thing is that they can be dialed back enough to not have too much light in the tube for low light conditions. Too much light in the tube, whether a simple RDS or LPVO, tends to wash out the target when ambient light is minimal. At that point it may as well be an OEG, which I've used as well and don't mind, but YMMV. Keeping both eyes open is a must, regardless.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:53 AM, Ram rod said:

But you care enough to keep responding 🤔 you're behind a screen keep acting tough 😂 you aint scaring nobody run you're mouth on the internet but face to face comes up and you call the police or pull a gun 😂 u got picked on in school didn't you my feelings aint hurt seems like someone hurt you tho it will be okay buttercup 

Watutalkingaboutwillisypufeellikebigmanehlittltboi:lol::lol::hysterical3:

keep flapping those toothless gums :laugh::laugh:

On 5/6/2022 at 12:57 AM, Ram rod said:

Youdonthaveanyknowledgeletaloneexperiencedoyaboi

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, Ram rod said:

Haven't fully decided on a optic I've had 4 or 5 diffrent eotech holo setups and an acog and one aimpoint years ago I thought about switching it up from eotech nothing wrong with them just kinda wanted to switch it up I started looking at the leupold LCO but apparently it's been discontinued haven't seen alot of people with them figure I'd try them now I see why I don't see it very often only thing I've never really set up is any type of lpvo and yea it will mostly be shtf 

I recently read an artile on EoTech. After the problem with some zero shift the management tried to hide from the Milatary, they got all new management, whose mission was to improve their holographic sites in all ways.

They seem to have accomplished that. Now mostly hand built, they come off the same line as the Military contracts. Some things are supposedly not quite as tough as the Military, but the differences are negligible. 

They have improved battery life, too.

I was fortunate enough to find an actual Military unit for sale a 553 with built in QD mount. It is my favorite site.

It should be noted that the Military and SF kept using their EoTechs right thru the scandel. I like my Eotech better than my Aimpoint, but that is personal preference. The Eo has a much wider field of view, and in shoot houses at close range it can really make a difference, for me, anyway. People worry that the dot may be a little fuzzy. Just like using iron peep sights you have to trust your eyes and put the fuzzy dot on the target. I assure you if you miss, it was not because of a "not crisp" dot. The bullet is going to go where the dot is, even if you manage to crack the glass and the dot appears in one of the broken sections. The circle around the dot is grat for close work, and estimating range at distance.  It was the shooter. I can do 200 yard center mass hits out to 200 yard, but the target is paper and it is not shooting at me. Thus, I don't see a reason to use the Eotech beyond 100 to 150 yards.

If I need more than that on a regular basis, I need magnification. This sight fulfills all I want to do with an AR with red dot. Until I can find a LPVO with and illuminated center that is bright enough to quickly use in very bright sunlight, that I don't have to take out a second mortgage for, I'll stick with what I have. It is accurate, holds a zero, and has been flawless.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, Derk_digler24 said:

Nice DD, I have been kicking around the idea of buying another. I think I was going to go with the V9 for the mid length gas system (i could be wrong on model number) 

I had 2 v9s I really like quad rails but them v9s are heavy im thinking that the rail on them is 15 inches the v7 I just got has the same rail length im pretty sure but I didn't belive the weight diffrence in mlok and the quad rails till I started buying some mlok and key mods

On 5/6/2022 at 8:54 AM, Longhair said:

My LPVOs are among the first that were available, and they aren't daylight bright, but it doesn't bother me at all.

To me, the more important thing is that they can be dialed back enough to not have too much light in the tube for low light conditions. Too much light in the tube, whether a simple RDS or LPVO, tends to wash out the target when ambient light is minimal. At that point it may as well be an OEG, which I've used as well and don't mind, but YMMV. Keeping both eyes open is a must, regardless.

Whatever works for you is the only thing that matters. 

Some folks are very rigid about declaring what setups are best, and what is inferior, and what is garbage based on their own opinion.  So many things regarding self defense are a matter of personal preference, or more accurately what is most efficient, reliable, and repeatable for the individual, especially under stress and gets the job done. 

Training is where you learn new skills, practice is polishing those skills, making them your own, and turning them into muscle memory, and then maintaining that muscle memory. 

About the only things written in stone are the basic safety rules. If you follow all of them you will never have an ND with a properly functioning weapon, sling, and/or belt and holster for sidearms.  If there is something that happens beyond your control, (which is exceedingly rare)  you won't hurt anyone, including yourself, and you should not damage any valuable property either, but that is a secondary concern to life and limb. This I know, many here don't need to be told, but we are having new members sign up all the time, with all different skill levels and experience. 

That you are happy with the performance of your gear is what matters.    :thumb:

"Shoot what you like, like what you shoot."      

There is nothing more important to surviving a deadly force encounter than the man behind the trigger, and around 90% of the performance of the man behind the trigger is between his ears. 

John 

On 5/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, Rampy said:

Youdonthaveanyknowledgeletaloneexperiencedoyaboi

Everyone is at different points in their journey, and have different levels of experience and training. 

We certainly not want to insult any shooter who may be at an earlier point in his journey, nor would we want to not take them into the fold because they made a manufacturer choice you may disagree with, especially when it has no practical application. 

There is a big difference between teaching and mentoring, and simply being condescending. 

That does not do anyone any good, Imho.  

John

7 hours ago, Ram rod said:

I had 2 v9s I really like quad rails but them v9s are heavy im thinking that the rail on them is 15 inches the v7 I just got has the same rail length im pretty sure but I didn't belive the weight diffrence in mlok and the quad rails till I started buying some mlok and key mods

I have both. The weight difference isn't a big deal. The only reasons I like mlok is the smaller outside diameter, and only having rail panels where I want them. But its not a deal breaker