AR15Armory.com

The plant-based food industry is facing a reset as Beyond Meat and Oatly shares suffer

Posted (edited)

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/14/plant-based-food-stocks-beyond-meat-oatly-face-a-reset.html

"Wall Street appears to be souring on plant-based substitutes.

Shares of Beyond Meat and Oatly have shed more than half their value this year. The stocks are both high-profile and relative recent entrants to public markets, prone to big jumps and sharp declines in value, volatility that’s only been exacerbated by broader market swings and pressure from short sellers.

Beyond Meat trades 87% below its all-time high, and Oatly, which will mark its first anniversary as a public company on Friday, trades more than 80% below its debut price.

Industry experts say the declines may mark an inevitable shakeout as investor optimism meets reality.

After years of climbing sales, consumer interest in meat alternatives is waning. Retail sales of plant-based meat were roughly flat in the 52 weeks ended April 30 compared with the year-ago period, according to Nielsen data. Total volume of meat substitutes has fallen 5.8% over the last 52 weeks, market research firm IRI found.

“We’ve seen this in many categories in the past that take off. They have a shakeout period,” Kellogg CEO Steve Cahillane said in early May on the company’s earnings call.

Kellogg owns Morningstar Farms, a legacy player in the plant-based category with 47 years in grocery stores. Morningstar is the top seller of meat alternatives, with 27% of dollar share according to IRI data. Beyond trails in second place with 20% of dollar share, and Impossible Foods follows in third with 12%."

Maybe because, it tastes like shiit.

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

Isn't that funny, CR just published an article on the best fake meat.

Much to their (BS MMGW bullshat) credit, they only found about 4 that were even worth trying,

and the prices were outrageous. This article had to have been planned months ago...

Fake government, fake politicians, fake law enforcement, fake news, fake medicine, fake cars, fake food. So what else is new.

Matt

• Like 2

Want plant based food ?, try vegetables :segrin:  and seeing as the dumbshit in the WH and cronies are behind all that's wrong with America ,including fertilizer shortages .

This Summer PLANT a democrap  ,I know it's shatty fertilizer but it's all you're gonna get and besides  just think what YOU will be doing for the environment :thumbs2:

As Al Davis used to say ; Just win baby just Win :party2:

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2022 at 3:45 PM, Snake46 said:

Damn, next up boys and girls will be the non-plant based new food, Soylent Green..

Think of the additional weight in product that can be processed from a full term abortion !    :facepalm: 

Not to mention the reality of how much more the University and government research facilities will be willing to pay for babies brought to full term before killing them.    If the laws are written correctly, the researchers may be able to get their hands on them while still alive, or those provisions can be added at a later time after the Scotus Leak coverage goes away.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BushXM15 said:

Want plant based food ?, try vegetables :segrin:  and seeing as the dumbshit in the WH and cronies are behind all that's wrong with America ,including fertilizer shortages .

This Summer PLANT a democrap  ,I know it's shatty fertilizer but it's all you're gonna get and besides  just think what YOU will be doing for the environment :thumbs2:

As Al Davis used to say ; Just win baby just Win :party2:

I thought Biden and Harris are potted plants.

• Haha 2

Plant based "meat" is a dumb idea when you have the USDA telling farmers to use manure for fertilizer. In order to do that we are going to need a lot more meat based animals producing fertilizer and we still won't have enough to produce enough fertilizer to replace synthetic fertilizers.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 8:20 PM, MontanaLon said:

Plant based "meat" is a dumb idea when you have the USDA telling farmers to use manure for fertilizer. In order to do that we are going to need a lot more meat based animals producing fertilizer and we still won't have enough to produce enough fertilizer to replace synthetic fertilizers.

Glad we have ranches all around us selling beef & other such produce 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:38 PM, Rampy said:

Glad we have ranches all around us selling beef & other such produce 

Yep. We have all sorts of small producers of meat around us. You can get any different meat you want within 10 miles of here locally grown though the emu and ostrich ranching has dropped way off in the last 20 years. It won't be long until rustling comes back into vogue and along with it hanging rustlers. 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:49 PM, tommag said:

Maybe they could synthesize some "beyond profit" in the laboratory. 

I want free government cheese & more free stimulus checks for everyone 

The world is getting like my fake date.  When I was in school I met this most beautiful girl with long black hair, piercing blue eyes, and the most perfect breasts I had ever seen.  I took her home where she first took off her long black hair, took out her piercing blue eyes, then when she took out those perfect breasts, I told her I just remembered an exam I just had to take.  

I reckon I'll pass on this crap too. 

Tj

• Haha 1