AR15Armory.com

Baby Formula Shortage Could Have an Effect on the Midterms

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/chris-queen/2022/05/15/could-the-baby-formula-shortage-drive-suburban-women-to-the-gop-n1597969

"But what the baby formula crisis — or whatever the White House wants to call it — could do damage to Biden’s numbers with a particular constituency: suburban women, particularly moms.

The Washington Times reminds us that “A Marist poll taken in late April showed suburban women favored Republicans over Democrats on the economy and slowing inflation, two top voter concerns. Among parents with children under 18, registered voters said they would pick a Republican over a Democrat in November’s congressional election by a nearly 30-point margin, 60% to 32%.”

The baby formula shortage could make an already bad situation for the administration even bleaker.

“Inflation and supply chain problems have badly damaged Biden’s public standing and Democratic midterm prospects,” pollster and analyst Ron Faucheux told the Times. “This is particularly true among independents and suburban women, and could get worse if the problems get worse.”

The left is banking on the forthcoming Supreme Court decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization to drive the key demographic of suburban women to the Democrats on the abortion issue. But over the next six months, women will probably worry more about feeding babies than they will about killing them."

Just one item, on a 'laundry-list' of incompetent failures.

I heard joe was in Illinois recently trying to talk farmers into double cropping in order to lessen the developing food shortage by extending to them the ability to take out crop insurance on double cropped fields. For those not familiar with federal crop insurance, it can pay benefits on loss of crop or reduction of crop due to natural events which result in crop damage. Double cropping has always been a disqualifier for crop insurance because it makes a crop loss less impactful if the land is producing 2 crops a year. 

But there are several problems with the using double cropping to "reduce food prices" first and foremost of those is that if prices are high on crops farmers can stand the increased costs of fuel and other inputs better than they can with lower prices. What this means is they would be paying now for high priced fuels, fertilizers and everything else and then when the crops come in they would be at lower prices which would likely make the inputs higher than the amount they would get paid for the harvest. You can't run a farm like that.

The other huge problem is that double cropping is hugely dependent on fertilizers which are in short supply and high cost. I think it was the secretary of agriculture who just recently said, "It is a good thing that fertilizer is expensive, it will force farmers to look to other options like manure to fertilize their fields." The obvious problem with that is we don't have enough livestock being produced to fertilize all the fields of crops. Manure is fine for fertilizing your garden where a couple of wheelbarrows full can fertilize your 10x20 foot garden. But it just isn't scalable. To fertilize a section, 640 acres, you would need a constant stream of semis delivering manure around the clock and then tractors spreading it across the field and then more tractors plowing it in to get any benefit. When you are applying fertilizer twice a year, the costs would be astronomical not to mention the army of men it would take to get it done in a timely fashion. Particularly in northern areas like most of Illinois with a growing season which is already going to be pushing the limits of getting wheat to mature in time to plant your beans and leave enough time to still get the beans in the ground.

The not so obvious problem with that is the leftists running the government are doing their best to replace livestock with lab grown meat. Now, I don't know how much manure is produced by beef grown in a test tube but I would be willing to bet it isn't much.

And double cropping raises a whole other issue of storage of the crops. Here in central Illinois we don't see much wheat planted. When you say "crops" around here it is either corn or beans. I know of one area where wheat is regularly produced in my entire county. That is a 20 acre field at the Thresherman's park where it is planted with the express purpose of being harvested for fun by the guys who own steam engines and old fashioned equipment that mostly dates back to the late 1800's to early 1900's. It is fun to watch and they do it not to grow wheat, but to have a crop that can be harvested and prepared using the old tools of centuries past. It is a pretty big deal around here but has been getting harder to put on the past 10 years or so because it is getting hard for the owners of the steam engines to have reliable sources of coal because it largely isn't being mined like it used to be and what is mined is sent overseas to where apparently burning dirty old coal, doesn't have an effect on the climate change that they have complained so loud about that the use of coal is now nearly verboten. 

But I am sure that whatever joe decides will fend off the upcoming food shortage will only make things worse because everything he has done to "build back better" has absolutely trashed a system that was already running and working well.

12 hours ago, MontanaLon said:

I heard joe was in Illinois recently trying to talk farmers into double cropping in order to lessen the developing food shortage by extending to them the ability to take out crop insurance on double cropped fields. For those not familiar with federal crop insurance, it can pay benefits on loss of crop or reduction of crop due to natural events which result in crop damage. Double cropping has always been a disqualifier for crop insurance because it makes a crop loss less impactful if the land is producing 2 crops a year. 

But there are several problems with the using double cropping to "reduce food prices" first and foremost of those is that if prices are high on crops farmers can stand the increased costs of fuel and other inputs better than they can with lower prices. What this means is they would be paying now for high priced fuels, fertilizers and everything else and then when the crops come in they would be at lower prices which would likely make the inputs higher than the amount they would get paid for the harvest. You can't run a farm like that.

The other huge problem is that double cropping is hugely dependent on fertilizers which are in short supply and high cost. I think it was the secretary of agriculture who just recently said, "It is a good thing that fertilizer is expensive, it will force farmers to look to other options like manure to fertilize their fields." The obvious problem with that is we don't have enough livestock being produced to fertilize all the fields of crops. Manure is fine for fertilizing your garden where a couple of wheelbarrows full can fertilize your 10x20 foot garden. But it just isn't scalable. To fertilize a section, 640 acres, you would need a constant stream of semis delivering manure around the clock and then tractors spreading it across the field and then more tractors plowing it in to get any benefit. When you are applying fertilizer twice a year, the costs would be astronomical not to mention the army of men it would take to get it done in a timely fashion. Particularly in northern areas like most of Illinois with a growing season which is already going to be pushing the limits of getting wheat to mature in time to plant your beans and leave enough time to still get the beans in the ground.

The not so obvious problem with that is the leftists running the government are doing their best to replace livestock with lab grown meat. Now, I don't know how much manure is produced by beef grown in a test tube but I would be willing to bet it isn't much.

And double cropping raises a whole other issue of storage of the crops. Here in central Illinois we don't see much wheat planted. When you say "crops" around here it is either corn or beans. I know of one area where wheat is regularly produced in my entire county. That is a 20 acre field at the Thresherman's park where it is planted with the express purpose of being harvested for fun by the guys who own steam engines and old fashioned equipment that mostly dates back to the late 1800's to early 1900's. It is fun to watch and they do it not to grow wheat, but to have a crop that can be harvested and prepared using the old tools of centuries past. It is a pretty big deal around here but has been getting harder to put on the past 10 years or so because it is getting hard for the owners of the steam engines to have reliable sources of coal because it largely isn't being mined like it used to be and what is mined is sent overseas to where apparently burning dirty old coal, doesn't have an effect on the climate change that they have complained so loud about that the use of coal is now nearly verboten. 

But I am sure that whatever joe decides will fend off the upcoming food shortage will only make things worse because everything he has done to "build back better" has absolutely trashed a system that was already running and working well.

Great post. This is the usual rounds of Democrats out trying to buy votes for the midterms. 

I'm praying that too many people have seen the light for election fraud to work

without having to be so obvious it will be impossible to censor or deny

Unlikely when the Republicans are wearing hammer and sickle underwear and using

Chinese condoms with their Chinese call girls.