Jump to content
AR15Armory.com

Another Church Shooting....In Commiefornia


Longhair
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rampy said:

Looks like a retired cop shot him in the body armor & the mutt killed the retired cop 

Retired Buffalo PD officer, working as a security guard. His name is Aaron Salter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 5:16 PM, specops56 said:

These shooters may be crazy but they are not stupid. They know where the free fire zones are.

 

Terry

 Sixty something Asian guy this time. That's a new one.

 

Greg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rampy said:

Looks like a retired cop shot him in the body armor & the mutt killed the retired cop 

 

May have to start with head and hips if these body armor reports keep coming thick.

Keep shooting until the threat is over !   Then take cover until you verify or leave the area, depending on circumstance.

Edited by Retcop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 8:42 AM, Retcop said:

 

May have to start with head and hips if these body armor reports keep coming thick.

Keep shooting until the threat is over !   Then take cover until you verify or leave the area, depending on circumstance.

 

I trained that way many moons ago. Legs/hips and head if nothing happens center mass.

 

Greg

 

Greg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

 

I trained that way many moons ago. Legs/hips and head if nothing happens center mass.

 

Greg

 

Greg

 

Yep. We were showing an uptick in bad guys wearing body armor.  I should have mentioned pelvis and legs before head, depending on distance, profiency, and totality of circumstances.  When people train in realistic scenarios they discover it is much harder to score on a moving head than pelvis and legs. It's not like punching the X ring on a square range.

Get effective rounds on target ASAP. Think cover. 

 

Edited by Retcop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, GLShooter said:

 

I trained that way many moons ago. Legs/hips and head if nothing happens center mass.

 

Greg

 

Greg


When I did my 2021 LEOSA qual one stage was failure to stop, 2 rds  center mass & 1 to the head in under 4 seconds at 3 yards starting from concealment. Several guys had issues hitting the head 

 

The entire course of fire was 25rds & super easy…. If you spent any time at the range shooting B8’s and dot torture 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 10:39 AM, Retcop said:

 

Yep. We were showing an uptick in bad guys wearing body armor.  I should have mentioned pelvis and legs before head, depending on distance, profiency, and totality of circumstances.  When people train in realistic scenarios they discover it is much harder to score on a moving head than pelvis and legs. It's not like punching the X ring on a square range.

Get effective rounds on target ASAP. Think cover. 

 


Progressive departments are removing pelvis/leg shots from Q courses and not teaching them as they are not effective in stopping the fight right now and focusing on head shots

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 10:34 AM, Rampy said:


When I did my 2021 LEOSA qual one stage was failure to stop, 2 rds  center mass & 1 to the head in under 4 seconds at 3 yards starting from concealment. Several guys had issues hitting the head 

 

The entire course of fire was 25rds & super easy…. If you spent any time at the range shooting B8’s and dot torture 

 

 

 

That's a great time Rampy.  The test here in AZ is not for the faint of heart. I guarantee 75% of the people I worked with at FCI Phoenix and the BOP in general could not pass it.  It's not intimating to anyone with some skill and trigger time but for the one time a year shooters it would be a disaster.  The revolver version is one that would make many more pucker.

 

Greg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, GLShooter said:

 

That's a great time Rampy.  The test here in AZ is not for the faint of heart. I guarantee 75% of the people I worked with at FCI Phoenix and the BOP in general could not pass it.  It's not intimating to anyone with some skill and trigger time but for the one time a year shooters it would be a disaster.  The revolver version is one that would make many more pucker.

 

Greg


 

Seems the vast majority of retired officer quals are set up so you can’t fail instead of ensuring you actually can shoot a handgun even in retirement 

 

I’m not sure if I will shoot it this year, have not hit the range since the CVA & really need range time as I’m afraid my skills have gone away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 10:51 AM, Rampy said:


 

Seems the vast majority of retired officer quals are set up so you can’t fail instead of ensuring you actually can shoot a handgun even in retirement 

 

I’m not sure if I will shoot it this year, have not hit the range since the CVA & really need range time as I’m afraid my skills have gone away 

 

Ours here is the standard state LEO qualification. Nothing watered down. I do know guys will have SLOW stop watch and tell me that but for me I don't need or want that. The LEOSA is only needed for traveling as we have open/concealed non-license carry so it is just one layer to have handy. The CCW from the state doesn't even require range time.  I shoot monthly so the task at hand is not all that challenging at least.  Lately I've been burning 45 ACP in my 1911's and been very happy on my results.  The 9 MM just wanders along and makes it look easy but I love those big holes you can score visually at 25 yards when you stack five  in them.

 

I will say the biggest failing on the state test  to me is that it is not shot concealed. I'd like to see it done that way.

 

Greg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, GLShooter said:

 

Ours here is the standard state LEO qualification. Nothing watered down. I do know guys will have SLOW stop watch and tell me that but for me I don't need or want that. The LEOSA is only needed for traveling as we have open/concealed non-license carry so it is just one layer to have handy. The CCW from the state doesn't even require range time.  I shoot monthly so the task at hand is not all that challenging at least.  Lately I've been burning 45 ACP in my 1911's and been very happy on my results.  The 9 MM just wanders along and makes it look easy but I love those big holes you can score visually at 25 yards when you stack five  in them.

 

I will say the biggest failing on the state test  to me is that it is not shot concealed. I'd like to see it done that way.

 

Greg


we do not have a state LEOSA course of fire, each department has different requirements 

 

Personally I like shooting from concealment using what you daily carry with 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GLShooter said:

 Sixty something Asian guy this time. That's a new one.

 

Greg

 

They're reporting he was a Chinese guy and motivated by hate of the Taiwanese.  

 

https://apnews.com/article/religion-shootings-california-1be9931f502664693afbdaa3f1cf6c57

 

LAGUNA WOODS, Calif. (AP) — A gunman in deadly attack at California church was Chinese immigrant motivated by hate for Taiwanese people, authorities said.

The shooting killed Dr. John Cheng, 52, and five others were wounded in an attack at a Southern California church, authorities said at a Monday news conference.

Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes said the motive of the shooting was a grievance between the shooter, identified as a Chinese immigrant, and the Taiwanese community. China claims Taiwan is a part of its national territory and has not ruled out force to bring the island under its rule.

 

 

Edited by Qweevox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...