AR15Armory.com

Has anyone experience with bearcreekarsenal.com?

Qweevox

On 7/9/2022 at 9:01 AM, Flesh Wound said:

I also love their side-charge uppers. Especially their left side rigs.

I got screwed on a barrel from them. 20" 6.5 Grendel. I've had it for years before getting around to trying to shoot it. The chamber looks like a wood chisel was used to form it.

Call em up. They'll refund your money in most cases. It's worth a try. At the least they'll probably exchange it.

Greg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, GLShooter said:

You have that backwards. BCA does the STONER barrels for Midway. Midway buts from various companies and has them labeled STONER. It's like the old Ted Williams thing at Sears. Their using STONER as a pure to suck you in.  Another example would be their magazines. I can't say what they'd do today but a few years ago the STONER mags were made by ASC. That's the brand, ASC, that I run 90% of the time and for me they are great quality.

Greg

I guess I may have gotten the one exception AR Stoner barrel.  It is a 16" stainless .300 Black Out and a tack driver.  Ive bought a couple of their 556/223 barrels for truck style guns as well.  decently accurate but not to depend your life on.  Ive bought their side chargers and liked them as well.  Never bought anything assembled from them because I assemble my own.  My suggestion, steer clear, especially in an AR10 style.  I bought Criterion for mine, expensive but no issues or complaints.

BCA makes barrels that meet many shooters needs. That being said the percentage of out and out make your jaw drop group shooters is very small. You are a great example of that. One very good one and a couple so so yet you rotated up to a higher grade when you went to the big frame.

I do like their side chargers for sure.

Now I gotta go fix that mish mash of auto-correct!

Greg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was severely tempted by BCA recently with a complete .450 Bushy rifle I think was less than $400.  I built one on a Bushmaster 20" barrel and at less than 100yds is amazingly accurate so I thought "WTH' lets get a second Bushy"  I am shooting 250gr ballistic tips and am well pleased with the results from my set up.  I was curious about BCA's accuracy with a heavier pill but not really needing two Bushy's, I decided to pass.

If your building a .308, I would definitely spend a few more bucks on a better quality barrel so you can reach out reliably. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

And I still have not been able to get to the range and test the 22 MAG upper I bought from BCA.

In my defense I've been a bit busy with getting married and the holidays.

And I was seriously tempted by this as well.  Please give a review when you get some lead down range. 

I bought a .22mag bolt rifle for hogs during small game at a Nat'l Refuge in Dixie Co.  The Federal Wardens are pretty strict on rimfire and #4 or smaller shot in your possession.  To the point of checking every shell not only in your firearm but in your vehicle as well.  I have a two cylinder western style revolver that keeps the mag wheel in it.  I also have a .CMMG 22LR conversion kit for my A2 clone or whichever one I want to stick it in.  It only makes sense to have a .22mag upper, right?

LOL!!!

1 hour ago, hlhneast said:
2 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

And I still have not been able to get to the range and test the 22 MAG upper I bought from BCA.

In my defense I've been a bit busy with getting married and the holidays.

And I was seriously tempted by this as well.  

You're getting married too ? !           Congratulations ! !           :segrin:

6 hours ago, Retcop said:

You're getting married too ? !           Congratulations ! !           :segrin:

Oh hell no.  I made  pledge when I got rid of the last one I would never ask another nut job to marry me, LOL

I dunno where we got our wires crossed but that aint happening here

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, hlhneast said:

I guess since I quoted your whole post I was needing to be committed to the Florida State Hospital.  Not this boy.  My boys are raised up so no need to have one around.

Creative editing is a wonderful thing. I learned it at my internship with CNN.    :bellylaf:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hlhneast said:

Oh hell no.  I made  pledge when I got rid of the last one I would never ask another nut job to marry me, LOL

Same here! Twice was more than enough!

Now, my philosophy is, "Getting married is like braiding a mule's tail......dangerous and unnecessary!"

• Haha 1