AR15Armory.com

I couldn't help myself. 22 Magnum AR upper.

Flesh Wound

Got an email from Bear Creek Armory offering 22 Magnum AR uppers. Bought their 16" upper with 15" FF MLOK handguard. Also includes a 10 round Black Dog mag as well as a buffer and spring.

It was on-sale and I found a $15 coupon. $285 to my door.

I had to do it. I'm a sucker for oddities.

22-sch-ar15-upper-826n-r.jpg.a0b386924c62c2840a3be87160a35d13.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations !

Please let us know how she shoots. 

That would make a great varmint gun. 

The raccoon momma stayed away this year, buy one of her litter likes to hang around the house.

I'm hoping I scared it off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Longhair said:

I hope it lives up to your expectations. :thumb:

I hope so as well. I've had mixed experiences with BCA. Although mostly good experience.

5 hours ago, Retcop said:

Congratulations !

Please let us know how she shoots. 

That would make a great varmint gun. 

The raccoon momma stayed away this year, buy one of her litter likes to hang around the house.

I'm hoping I scared it off.

Coons... sheesh. But yes, this would be a fun varmint gun. I still have a bunch of new stripped lowers so time to assemble another for this upper.

28 minutes ago, newbe said:

I’ll be curious too to know how it performs.

Report as soon as Texas is not hotter than the surface of the sun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

I still have a bunch of new stripped lowers so time to assemble another for this upper.

I've got a magnesium lower that I want to build as a dedicated .22LR lower. Thinking I'll get over to a local smith sometime this week to discuss putting an AR extension on a fast twist 10/22 barrel and chambering it to accommodate one of my CMMG conversions. I need to talk to him about a pin-n-weld on a 14.5" barrel for another build anyway

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

I hope so as well. I've had mixed experiences with BCA. Although mostly good experience.

Coons... sheesh. But yes, this would be a fun varmint gun. I still have a bunch of new stripped lowers so time to assemble another for this upper.

Report as soon as Texas is not hotter than the surface of the sun!

The critters are only a problem when they can't figure out what ground is theirs, what ground is mine, and when you see a human sometimes they are so uppity, they forget to run like the wind. This rapidly growing coon has already broken one bird feeder, messed with 2 more, and knocked over some of the container garden the wife goes herbs in. I don't like killing things I'm not gonna eat, except for cowbirds, for obvious reasons. The wonderful folks who bought the 10 acres next to my ground yet just had to build their house close to mine, has pretty well ruined my shooting spot I could use from the back deck if I wanted to. Their boy is about 3 years old know, and I never know where he and Momma are gonna be. It sucks. This coon is quite sneaky. I have not had this much trouble surprising one that had "moved in" with us before. But I still find the results in the morning.  Every time I'm up I will go check with the Surefire. .22,  and and tactical approaches. It's usually done in a day or two, I've ben after this kit for about a week. 

Maybe if I stopped pretending I'm a PH in Africa stalking a leopard my client wounded...        :bellylaf:

• Like 1

So how come it took Savage "years of R&D" and the famous "chicklet" to develop a reliable .22 mag semi-auto ? 

Does Bear Creek just waltz in with the chamber and barrel dies and leggo toy a .22 mag autoloader with standard AR parts. Or did they need a trick to keep things locked together until the pressures drop ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Retcop said:

So how come it took Savage "years of R&D" and the famous "chicklet" to develop a reliable .22 mag semi-auto ? 

Does Bear Creek just waltz in with the chamber and barrel dies and leggo toy a .22 mag autoloader with standard AR parts. Or did they need a trick to keep things locked together until the pressures drop ? 

This came with a buffer and spring set. I'm sure they played with this to get it right. Or stole somebody else's work. There was a company called Ray Vin that has a 22 Mag upper.

I'm itching to get this out to play. But with 100F+ weather and some recent health issues I'm not taking any chances.