AR15Armory.com

I couldn't help myself. 22 Magnum AR upper.

Flesh Wound

On 8/10/2022 at 3:53 PM, Tiribulus said:

Imagine my perplexion when I open an email from here with a subject line about not being able to help myself and a 22 mag and the next thing I see in the email is about leprosy and armadillos. 

NmKR1Dt.jpg

That would be my bad. My mind travels quickly, sometimes leaves the map. 

.22 magnum AR = potential great varmint gun = the most disliked varmint moving North into my region, armadillo, carrier of leprosy = wife digging in gardens and flower beds = thinking about good caliber to plug them FW got = I sound like a nut. 

Not to mention my post needed correction.  I'll work on keeping the dots I connect closer together. It's really FW's fault for no range report, see, yeah, that's it...

BTW:   Is that little angel related to you ?    

John

On 9/9/2022 at 4:34 PM, Longhair said:

:nfastamp:

I've been curious as well but with MY dismal display or therefore lack of target displays ,I can't say squat :no:

IF the wind wizard allows it tomorrow ,I've got some BANGUP  loads for the Garand's  . Finally finished a few boxes  of .30 Cal 173 gr. loads .

Cleaning up  or  rather loading up 7.62x51mm  168's & 175's  . Going to do a Head on ; M1 verses M14  at 165 & 278 yd. IF I can see that far still ?. Iron sights and I ,well we'll just see how it goes ?.

Also NOW have MY New  30mm Meopta Optika6  4.5x27x50mm ,for the 6.5 CM  and HOPEFULLY will get it on paper and adjusted .

Like others it's been WARM here and few days without HEAVY SMOKE ,as fires rage around us in #5 or 7 states including our Own .  Yesterday smoke was so bad ,couldn't see  My target back stop at 278 yd. with Binoculars :124:

Woke up this AM and it was 45 Deg. ,weather is shifting FINALLY but RAIN from that Mexican Hurricane is on it's way also .

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Finally got out to shoot the new 22 Mag upper.

What a hoot to shoot. No failures (other than crap ammo*). Seems consistent enough. Good groups for a blind old man with a crap red-dot sight on the upper.

Was able to whack a steel plate out at 100 yards just about every shot.

I believe this one is a keeper. Might be a great varmint gun.

* Yea, crap ammo. I bought a Rock Island XT-22 in 22 mag. It came with a bag of ~150 CCI hollow point ammo. I had tons of problems with failure to fire in the RIA pistolo. I thought the gun was defective.

Now I'm sure the ammo is junk. I had exactly the same issue when trying to shoot this in the 22 mag AR.

New Winchester ammo worked flawlessly. Need to retry the RIA with different ammo.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2023 at 9:17 AM, Flesh Wound said:

Finally got out to shoot the new 22 Mag upper.

What a hoot to shoot. No failures (other than crap ammo*). Seems consistent enough. Good groups for a blind old man with a crap red-dot sight on the upper.

Was able to whack a steel plate out at 100 yards just about every shot.

I believe this one is a keeper. Might be a great varmint gun.

* Yea, crap ammo. I bought a Rock Island XT-22 in 22 mag. It came with a bag of ~150 CCI hollow point ammo. I had tons of problems with failure to fire in the RIA pistolo. I thought the gun was defective.

Now I'm sure the ammo is junk. I had exactly the same issue when trying to shoot this in the 22 mag AR.

New Winchester ammo worked flawlessly. Need to retry the RIA with different ammo.

It isn't cheap so that up front but does it  ever shoot WELL :segrin:

SK Long Range Match  . I bought a brick sometime back  ,so as to compare with other Target ammo  and it SHINES . Leastwise in most of My .22's .  I also bought a few cases of TAC Black Box  when Norma had a sale ,so did A&B Guns only for less $. Wife needed practice with less $$$ than 9mm . The New Walther I bought for her wasn't chump change but in the long haul gonna save MY ammo and cranking arm , hopefully some $$$ ? :thumb:.

I'm seriously contemplating a fully functional self indexing pistol reloader . I negotiated the sale of My Dillon 650 ,as I was into it inexpensively  . Bought it from a friend who was moving ,to Island paradise so NO further use to him .

I got a decent price along with accessories sold ,so NOW have extra $$$$ .

On 1/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, BushXM15 said:

It isn't cheap so that up front but does it  ever shoot WELL :segrin:

SK Long Range Match  . I bought a brick sometime back  ,so as to compare with other Target ammo  and it SHINES . Leastwise in most of My .22's .  I also bought a few cases of TAC Black Box  when Norma had a sale ,so did A&B Guns only for less $. Wife needed practice with less $$$ than 9mm . The New Walther I bought for her wasn't chump change but in the long haul gonna save MY ammo and cranking arm , hopefully some $$$ ? :thumb:.

I'm seriously contemplating a fully functional self indexing pistol reloader . I negotiated the sale of My Dillon 650 ,as I was into it inexpensively  . Bought it from a friend who was moving ,to Island paradise so NO further use to him .

I got a decent price along with accessories sold ,so NOW have extra $$$$ .

Aren't those all LR rounds Bush?  I agree some of the 22 match stuff is higher than a cat's back.

Greg

• Like 1